How do I install this on the Kindle Fire?

polandbear193
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Android

How do I install this on the Kindle Fire?

Postby polandbear193 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:44 pm

I bought it on my phone long time ago (HTC Inspire 4G).

I pulled the apk from root, put it on the Kindle Fire, and installed it, but then got the license error. Because the Kindle Fire does not have Google Market, I cannot download this off of Google Market, from whence I purchased it.

So how do I go around this? Or can you add this to the Amazon AppStore (hell, I'll buy it again)?

n0manarmy
Primary Device: Moto Droid 3
Operating System: Win 7 x64
ROM: Stock 2.3

Re: How do I install this on the Kindle Fire?

Postby n0manarmy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 am

polandbear193 wrote:I bought it on my phone long time ago (HTC Inspire 4G).

I pulled the apk from root, put it on the Kindle Fire, and installed it, but then got the license error. Because the Kindle Fire does not have Google Market, I cannot download this off of Google Market, from whence I purchased it.

So how do I go around this? Or can you add this to the Amazon AppStore (hell, I'll buy it again)?

Have you tried the manual install of the market app from google? A similar issue happened with the Archos tablets in that they are not officially using the google market app and instead were setup with other market apps.

Check here for the market apk and other google apps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1349902

Once thats done I have a feeling you are still going to have an issue installing FPse and I think it might be due to the development requirements in terms of what devices are allowed to run the app and what aren't. Give it a shot and post whether or not its visible in the market for you.

polandbear193
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Android

Re: How do I install this on the Kindle Fire?

Postby polandbear193 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:21 am

n0manarmy wrote:Have you tried the manual install of the market app from google?

Once thats done I have a feeling you are still going to have an issue installing FPse and I think it might be due to the development requirements in terms of what devices are allowed to run the app and what aren't.

Yes sir // ma'am, that's what happened. I rooted it and installed Market; the game doesn't show up in my purchased category.

I guess Kindle Fire isn't flagged under supported devices for some reason. :/

The sideloaded app played fine, but had no sound. I figured maybe that's one of the limited functionality of the "pirated" version, regardless of the SPU Sync option and the game.

Oh well; would've been nice if it worked like my phone ; almost flawlessly =P.

Return to “General Discussion”