FPse DOES work on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-T989), BUT.....

Jedi_Knight
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SGH-T989
Operating System: Andriod
ROM: stock

FPse DOES work on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-T989), BUT.....

Postby Jedi_Knight » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:50 am

Hello everyone,

I'm not 100% sure how I did it, but I unknowingly am playing a PSone game on my (SGH-T989) Samsung Galaxy S 2! I read the FPse how to guide and tried my best to piece together the instructions for myself. I have no idea what an ISO is other than it is something that converts a CD into an image I think.
All I can say is that I bought and paid for the FPse app from the Android Market and I have Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter saved as .mdf and scph1001.bin both saved in the same folder that I titled "FPse."

When I click on the game title, a prompt pops up that says "HLE mode enabled, no bios set," and then the game appears! Functioning sound and all!
You may ask "Then why the thread?" Answer: Because I have a few questions.

#1- Do I have those 2 files saved correctly and are they in the correct location?

#2- What exactly is an ISO and how can I check if my computer has it? How do I use it? I remember using some sort of app on my computer, but I am not sure if I did things the way mentioned in the how to guide.

#3- What is pocket ISO and will it work on the Galaxy S2?

#4- Why is it that the portrait view of my andriod device shows the L1, L2, R1, R2, START, and SELECT buttons along with the standard digital d-pad and other buttons, but when I put my device in Landscape view, the L1/L2, R1/R2, START/SELECT buttons go away?

#5- Is it possible to customize the layout of the control buttons? If so, how do I do that?

I know I will have more questions in the future but that's all I can think of for now. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Mass Zero
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P7510
Operating System: Android 3.1
ROM: "In Paris V4"

Re: FPse DOES work on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-T989), BUT..

Postby Mass Zero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:33 am

Better late, than never, eh?

1. The 2 files are saved correctly, and location does not matter. As long as FPse can find the files it's all good.

2. An ISO file is not something your computer "has," it's simply a file type. ISO files are disc images, they contain all files from a certain disc, packed together as a sort of archive.

3. Pocket ISO is a utility to compress ISO files, reducing their size, as ISO files tend to be rather big for your average device. Pocket ISO has nothing do do with the device you're using.

4. In my case the buttons were gone too, but enabling them in the settings did the trick. I don't know why they show up in portrait mode, though. Haven't tested that, myself.

5. There seems to be no option for that. Am I crazy in thinking there used to be?

Jedi_Knight
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SGH-T989
Operating System: Andriod
ROM: stock

Re: FPse DOES work on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-T989), BUT..

Postby Jedi_Knight » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH MASS ZERO!

And yes, I completely agree: better late than never! I was getting a bit discouraged since I did pay for the full version and received no assistance for quite some time. But out of the blue you appeared on the scene!

It may seem like no big deal to a tech savvy person such as yourself, but you really did shed a lot of light on some things that I had no clue about. Thank you so much once again! :)

Return to “General Discussion”