LG Optimus 2x

ctrlanddel
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG Optimus 2x
Operating System: Android
ROM: CyanogenMod7 Nightlies

LG Optimus 2x

Postby ctrlanddel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:35 am

Hello, Im currently testing both this emulator and PSX4droid (both latest versions) on my LG Optimus 2x
I have to say that initial tests on Final Fantasy VII works perfectly!
In fact, I had to limit framerate as the videos we're moving too quickly.
However, each time I launch the program, I need to reset the settings, especially if a new game is loaded? (any fix appreciated?)

My settings are:

SYSTEM:
BIOS:- ON SD, but needs to be set eachtime I launch FPSE (any fix or advice appreciated)
Mdec Acceleration:- YES
Gte Acceleration:- YES
Fast Booting:- YES
HLE mode:- NO
Boost mode:- NO

AUDIO:
No Sound:- OFF
Spu Sync:- YES

VIDEO:
Framelimiter:- YES
Frameskip:- No frameskip
Frameskip Fix:- NO
Screen filtering:- NO
Screensize:- Fullscreen
Sharp opverlay drawing:- YES
Screen Orientation:- Automatic
Print FPS:- YES (a stable 60FPS with framefiltering, OVER 60FPS without)
Inverted colors:- NO
Enhanced 3D rendering:- YES

==================================================================================================
UPDATE: 18/08/2011 7:00AM
I figured I should test and report findings for Final Fantasy IX as I am aware that a lot of people have tried and had issues with this game on other phones
I have found no issues so far while using the same settings as above.
If anyone would like me to test any specific game, please let me know
==================================================================================================
UPDATE: 18/08/2011 8:30AM
Another quick update, I probably done all of this all together, but it was easier than I thought.

BLUETOOTH CONTROLLER
I managed to set up my PS3 Sixaxis controller to control my android using the app "Sixaxis Controller" on the market which I would reccommend https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller after you install and set up the app to use with your phone, you need to set it up for use with FPSE which is simply a matter of setting up hardware keybindings, NOT the "Bluetooth Controller" option, as sixaxis controller is a different app and so FPSE thinks its simply the hard buttons on the device.
You will however need to set keybindings for each game, as with other settings, it would be good to be able to set default settings so certain steps can be skipped during setup of a new game?
I do intend on buying an iControlPad eventually, and will update my findings then.

HDMI OUT
HDMI out worked well and simply mirrored the phone, however, on the 40" screen the picture was really quite pixelated as expected.
However this is massively improved by turning ON Screen Filtering in the video settings.
Also, on the tested games (Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX) during battle sequences the framerate droped while in HDMI out mode, I fixed this easily by chaning Frameskip to 10FPS which brought the FPS back up to 60
Functionality to used dedicated HDMI out, instead of mirroring would be nice, including detecting new screen resolution if possible?

I am definately preferring this emulator to PSX4droid after all the correct settings have being applied, due to the high responisveness, frequent updates, and amount of control over settings which enable fine tuning (not to mention that PSX4droid has being removed from the market)

I will be testing with other games and other settings shortly, including Bluetooth control support and using with LG Optimus 2x HDMI out on 40" HDTV and will report findings

In the meantime, I did not find a forum for this device specifically so maybe it should be added to the appropriate place?
secondly, one or two questions

What EXACTLY does the boost do? as I said my frames are high and no real increase is noticed with boost, so is it for slower phones?
Also, what about screen filtering? what does that do and when is it necessary?
Same with the two accelerators?

Thanks
CtrlandDel
Last edited by ctrlanddel on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thaeek
Primary Device: Lg Optimus P990 2x
ROM: 4.0.4. ICS-DjangoManouche

Re: LG Optimus 2x

Postby Thaeek » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:52 pm

i have problem with ff9,when can go out from stone forest to world map on cd1,game crash with this words:a few memory,please restart phone or close applictions,what have do?

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:45 am

As far as keeping settings, are you "saving as default" in the System Menu when you are done setting up fpse?
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Thaeek

Postby Thaeek » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:20 pm

yes,do that,but a same problem,others final fantasy play very good,maybe a few ram to play ff9?When playing this game,have cca 180-220mb free ram.

Thaeek

Postby Thaeek » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:21 pm

so what with it?

Return to “General Discussion”