Black screen on all games.

Koji
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Continuum
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Black screen on all games.

Postby Koji » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:37 pm

I've been using fpsece for years, it was the main reason why I bought a Dell Axim years ago. Overclocked that puppy from 400mhz to 630 and I was able to play most games without sound at full speed which was amazing to me. For a few years I kind of forgot about it and had long given my axim to a family member, so when I finally upgraded to an android phone and saw fpsece on the market place I was ecstatic and quickly bought it and shoved my favorite games on it.

Sadly though, I've been treated to nothing but black screens on my Samsung Continuum (one of the original Galaxy S phones). I've tried several games including Lunar SSS, Breath of Fire 3, and Castlevania SotN and they all do the same thing... I can setup the emulator, run it with or without bios and 90% of the time I'm treated to a never ending black screen (left it running for 10 minutes or more). The other 10% of the time is split between the emu closing immediately, and a screen that says "ERROR Close all programs and services and contact the author for support!"

I've tried just about every option, one at a time on and off with the same results every time no matter what game. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Goldfire
Primary Device: HTC Desire @ 1.152GHz
Operating System: Android
ROM: Redux 1.2

Re: Black screen on all games.

Postby Goldfire » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Try turning on the Print FPS option to see if there is anything actually going on during the black screen.

Are you saving the settings as default after making your changes, but before trying the games?
...Gamer Over...

Return to “General Discussion”