Final Fantasy VIII Problem

d4rkpow3r
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Final Fantasy VIII Problem

Postby d4rkpow3r » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:13 am

Im having a problem playing FFVIII on my xperia play with fpse, everything runs ok, but the cinematic movies are all ... blank! what really kills the experience in the FF series, since they are all so great DX does anyone know a way to fix it?

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Re: Final Fantasy VIII Problem

Postby Fuego » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:03 am

What are your settings? Are you using savestates (the instant ones, not the in game saves)? I have read that others have played this just fine, so give some more info and let's see if we can figure this out.

d4rkpow3r
Fresh Fish

Postby d4rkpow3r » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:07 pm

yes i am using save states, could that have something to do with it? as for settings i have GTE acceleration active and Mdec as well as enhanced 3d rendering, i already trying many diference settings with no diferent results .. maybe ill try not using a save state?

EDIT: ok i just tested and running it without savestates fixes it (and some sound issues as well), DX shame , i guess i will have to avoid loading savestates..

drayvern
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2

Postby drayvern » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:45 pm

I had basically the exact same problem with FFVII on my Galaxy S2, and it turned out to be save states.
You can still use them however; all you need to do is load a game off the 'memory card' first, then once the game is loaded, load your save state -- if it's anything like mine, when it loads the graphics will look a little corrupt, but as soon as you start moving they fix themselves, and the FMVs will play fine

Hope that helps!

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Postby Fuego » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 pm

I echo this. I am playing through FFVII right now and my normal MO is to load a save from the mem card and then load the save state. I have had no issues with FMV since doing this. I also try to save in game as I go, just in case a save state gets corrupted or something equally bad.

d4rkpow3r
Fresh Fish

Postby d4rkpow3r » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Fuego wrote:I echo this. I am playing through FFVII right now and my normal MO is to load a save from the mem card and then load the save state. I have had no issues with FMV since doing this. I also try to save in game as I go, just in case a save state gets corrupted or something equally bad.

oh that is quite a usefull trick, so ill load a normal save and THEN a save state, sweet

Return to “General Discussion”