Sticky key problem (htc desire) (fixed in last post)

alabaster
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM7

Sticky key problem (htc desire) (fixed in last post)

Postby alabaster » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 am

I'm having a few problems with the overlay pad (not sure if this is because of the compatibility with the desire or the game). Okay, so the problem is that x seems to press triangle every couple of seconds? for example, I'm playing FF7 and if I press X to run, it runs and after awhile it brings up the FF7 in-game menu; which is the triangle button. It happens all the time. So much so it makes it unplayable.

I tried moving the pad to the middle-right but I'm getting the same sort of thing. Fortunately I don't have fat fingers so it's not me mashing the triangle with big bear hands.

Also, the directional pad isn't that smooth. That's bearable if that can't be fixed but the x-triangle situation isn't.

I saw a thread on overlay pad skins in the artist corner and thought about putting one of them in. I'm not sure if the droid version supports that? I couldn't find anything in the general droid forum about it.
Last edited by alabaster on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

momo
Primary Device: Galaxy Ace
ROM: Stock Froyo

Re: Overlay pad problems? (htc desire)

Postby momo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:14 pm

perhaps what you mean is "sticky key"? after spent more times playing with the emulator i also found that my device had the same problem, but it only occur ocassionaly though, hope schtruck sort the problem and give a hot fix for our device... :)

alabaster
Fresh Fish

Re: Overlay pad problems? (htc desire)

Postby alabaster » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:14 pm

sticky key? is that what the problem is. i'm not sure on the technical terms just yet.
as you can tell by my complete lack of knowledge here. i'll get there.

unfortunately i only got this to play FF7 and it happens to really disrupt the game.
i will have to back to my previous psx emulator. bit unfortunate really with FPse being a far better emulator; aside from this sticky key stuff.

alabaster
Fresh Fish

Re: Sticky key problem (htc desire) (fixed in last post)

Postby alabaster » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:42 pm

i fixed this by moving the d-pad to the top left corner.
problem sorted.

in the psx4droid guide it says there's a multi-touch problem if the d-pad and button pad are on the same line.
that's why they have them in opposite corners.

so i thought i would try moving the d-pad in FPse and it worked a charm.
hope this helps.

Return to “General Discussion”