Error with mem card viewer

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Error with mem card viewer

Postby Fuego » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:29 pm

schtruck wrote:
I forgot to add an easter egg into the changes list

In bios mode, at loader press volume up button.

You go into bios menu, usefull to manage your memcards.

By Bios Mode, do you mean the screen where you can select the game you want to play? If so, it is not working for me. I get !!Error!! Quit FPSe and all other applications to free up memory, or something like that. then, it shows the root directory (or whatever the directory that contains /sdcard plus others). I am not connected to the internet when I do this, in case it makes a difference. I also copied over my memory cards from psx4droid and renamed them, in case they might be messing things up.

I reposted the above here in case anyone has any insight into the issue. Would this message appear if I don't have any saved games on the mem cards?

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Re: Error with mem card viewer

Postby Fuego » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:11 am

Ok, so I finally figured out what was going on. I wanted to post and let others know in case they came across the same issue. What had happened is that I rearranged my SD card folder structure. In doing this, the mem card location reset, but the BIOS location did not. I didn't realize this as the game came up normally and I didn't see any issues. I only noticed something was wrong when I tried to do a save state and it said that save states only worked when A BIOS was loaded. It took me a couple of looks to realize the path to the BIOS was wrong. I fixed it and the mem card viewer worked. So, note to the wise, the mem card viewer only works when a valid BIOS is loaded.

Also, on a side note, I think it is pretty impressive that games can run as well as they did without a BIOS loaded. Great job!

Return to “General Discussion”