Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC G2
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Re: Cheat Codes

Postby saphendym » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:28 am

Hey schtruck,

Thanks for a great PSX emulator!

I don't know how you programmed the cheat functionality built into FPSE for android, but on the gameshark, codes beginning with 80 or 30 are meant to be constantly rewritten, and for anyone else reading, the only difference between 80 and 30 has to due with whether the value to be written is 1 byte (0-255, for starting with 30) or 2 bytes (0-65,535, for starting with 80.) I'm not familiar with gameshark hardware or how it interfaces with the PSX, so it may have the ability to force addresses designated with an 80 or 30 as read only after it inserts the code. However, popular applications like 'playstation emulation cheater' (PEC) for epsxe work by reinjecting all 80/30 codes every X number of frames. It's an option in the software for how often the codes are updated, and there is a warning that too often of an update can cause problems, while too slow of one may cause the code to not work.

The D0 codes you were talking about always come in multiples of two. They wait for the value you enter at the D0 address to appear, then execute whatever code you have immediately below it when it see's that value.

There is an excellent break down of PSX gameshark code format here if anyone is interested:
http://www.underground-gamer.com/wiki/i ... hark_Guide
(hopefully I won't get in trouble for posting a link to an external site)

Schtruck, just out of personal interest, how are you making the 80/30 codes permanent in the programming? Are you denying the game the ability to make further changes to the entered addresses after a user presses the "Apply Cheat codes" button, or do you run a loop that constantly reinjects the specified values?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:56 pm

ok , then i'll make it not only once, thanks for your explanation.

saphendym
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC G2

Postby saphendym » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 pm

You're absolutely right about it being dangerous though. Especially during boot up when the game engine hasn't loaded itself, other subroutines use those addresses specified in the codes pretty frequently. That's why certain codes lock up some games at different times, and why some codes won't allow the game to boot.

If you do switch it to constantly write the value, can you give us a button that disables the cheating? That way if we find a code that freezes the game at some specific point we can always disable the cheating.

I think it's really great that we as users can actually talk with the developers, most developers either don't keep in such close contact, or hide behind some frustrating customer support people who usually don't have a clue what's going on. Thanks.

marc.knuckle
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android 2.3

Postby marc.knuckle » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:12 pm

any ideas how to get these cheats to work? i have also PM'd schtruck with a request for where i should be finding the cheats starting 8 and ending 3 but no response back and no further post on here for ages.

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
ROM: Stock

Postby hiei » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:17 pm

The code is not have to end in a 3 have to start with an 8 or a 3. Cheatcc is a good place. Pm me for any questions.

marc.knuckle

Postby marc.knuckle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:29 pm

anything schtruck??

marc.knuckle

Postby marc.knuckle » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:45 pm

not even a response???!

fadinho89
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Xperia S
Operating System: Android Gingerbread

Postby fadinho89 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 am

i know its abit too late or someone posted it. but i got my cheat working on the latest fpse by:

1) add cheat at cheat line
2) change cheat frequency to 50 times per frame
3) press switch cheat (last column on the cheat menu)

then you will notice the screen fades, and ta-da! cheats done. i did the cheat on digimon world 3 for max bit, gameshark code at cheatcc. phone is sony xperia s.
i signed up this forum just to inform you guys. but i dont know if someone posted it or had a different method (i think this one is easiest) cause i tried googling for the fix but everyone is having the same problem of the cheats not working.

writeduke
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android ICS
ROM: Panzer General

Postby writeduke » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Has ANYONE figured out how to install cheats after the update of 2 days ago that wiped out everything? I cant install cheats anymore, and the dev left no instructions. Just a drive by update, feel like a beta tester. Fpse asks now for me to install cheats. But again no instructions. The older way was so much easier.

adolf1
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: acer a100

Postby adolf1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:17 am

Any better tutorial for cheat?:-)
Do someone have cheat for Resident evil Director cut?:-)
Thank you :-)

Return to “General Discussion”