Cheat Codes

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Cheat Codes

Postby hiei » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:35 am

noxad wrote:
schtruck wrote:Fpse cheats apply changes to memory and then recompiler buffer is erased for a new recompilation , if you apply cheat too early , i mean not while playing there is a big chance it won t work.

I've tried doing exactly that. I've got the game running, right in the middle of a level, I apply the cheat codes - nothing. Any other ideas?

Same here. Ive tried many games while playing and applied cheats ive tried before loading snd even starting fresh games with cheats applied and nothing works. Same codes ive used for a long time on my ps1.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:56 am

Ok there is surely a mistake, just give me an example of the game name ( us,jap or eur)
And the cheat you try to apply.

noxad
Primary Device: Samsung Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 2.2

Postby noxad » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:04 pm

schtruck wrote:Ok there is surely a mistake, just give me an example of the game name ( us,jap or eur)
And the cheat you try to apply.

Game:
    Metal Gear Solid

Cheats tried:
    800B7526 0600 (Infinite Health)
    800B7528 0600 (Max Health)
    800B7574 03E7 (Have 255 rations)

and a few more. The codes I'm trying I found here:

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:05 pm

i think it's more related to the fact that MGS have many different version and the Cheat you found is not compliant with your version.

I tried many codes and they worked.

We have fixed the Cheats with HLE mode which works now.

i made somes fixes on this part too.

noxad
Primary Device: Samsung Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 2.2

Postby noxad » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:49 pm

schtruck wrote:i think it's more related to the fact that MGS have many different version and the Cheat you found is not compliant with your version.

I tried many codes and they worked.

We have fixed the Cheats with HLE mode which works now.

i made somes fixes on this part too.

I think you're right. I just tried a cheat with FF7 and it worked fine. Must be something to do with MGS as you indicated.

marc.knuckle
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android 2.3
ROM: stock

Postby marc.knuckle » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:57 pm

hey guys, i am trying to input some cheats for gran turismo 2.

i found some codes on the cheatcc site but they dont work. they dont end in 3 as the help section states it should but where do i find these codes staring 8 and ending 3? i get into the game, start settings config, go onto cheats and input the code, apply it then go to bottom of that cheat page and press apply all cheats then come back out and no good. i have even then saved default config and restarted and no good.

any suggestions welcome

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
ROM: Stock

Postby hiei » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:34 am

marc.knuckle wrote:hey guys, i am trying to input some cheats for gran turismo 2.

i found some codes on the cheatcc site but they dont work. they dont end in 3 as the help section states it should but where do i find these codes staring 8 and ending 3? i get into the game, start settings config, go onto cheats and input the code, apply it then go to bottom of that cheat page and press apply all cheats then come back out and no good. i have even then saved default config and restarted and no good.

any suggestions welcome

Thats the same issue im having. Ff7 cheat codes from cheatcc dont work or any codes from any site.

saphendym
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC G2

Postby saphendym » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:49 pm

In experimenting with the cheat functionality of FPSE, it seems to me the problem is in the cheat code refresh rate.

Of course most people know that these cheating methods work by changing values in memory address locations. However they don't lock the values in. So if you set something with codes (for example I was trying to modify AP gained after battles in FF7) to a specific value, when the game goes to write that value itself as it's supposed to, it will overwrite whatever you put in there with the code, and your code will appear like it's not working.

If the code is in a memory address that the game only sets once, then it won't make a difference. But, if the code is in an address whose values change frequently (like exp gained after battles, health points, or magic points), then when the game goes to update the information at that address your code will get squelched, overwritten by whatever the game was putting in that location. Most cheat programs get around this by setting an update rate where the value you entered is re-injected every X number of game frames. Sometimes you even have the option to modify the update rate yourself.

It appears to me that FPSE's cheat functionality only injects the codes when you hit apply, and then never touches it again. So lots of codes simply won't ever have the ability to work with FPSE unless a refresh ability is added. Hopefully this is something we can look forward to in future updates.

PS-I found this out by modifying AP gained after battles in FF7. When I entered the codes (8009D7DC,C350) nothing would ever happen. So I tried waiting until after the battle during the victory dance as the screen fades to black and then applied the code and it worked, however all subsequent battles did not work unless I re-applied it during the fade out after the newer battles.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:49 pm

wow, i understand but code starting with 8 and 3 aren't seek code, i mean if you take code beginning by D , this one check a value at a specific address , then apply the next code. and it's a permanent code.

Doing that for code with 8 and 3 is dangerous for me i think; because at this place it can have other code, then game will surely crash...

Or perhaps there is something i haven't understood.

marc.knuckle
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android 2.3

Postby marc.knuckle » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:14 pm

@schtuck - any idea where i could get codes starting 8 and ending 3? especially for gran turismo 2 and parasite eve 2?

thanks mate

Return to “General Discussion”