View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 [Q] Transfer saves from PC to Fpse 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
ROM: FF VII
Post [Q] Transfer saves from PC to Fpse
okay so im trying my hardest to find out how to do this and i just cant seem to figure it out, what format does the save need to be, and what folder do i put it in so that i will be able to load it on here?? (by the way its a FFVII save file if that makes any difference) and help would be much appreciated :)

Edit:
figured it out now, if anyone reads this and wants to know just reply or PM me :)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:14 am

Primary Device: Xperia Play
Post Re: How do i get a game save from my PC on this??
Hey! Jeah pls tell me ;-)

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:18 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post Re: [Q] Transfer saves from PC to Fpse
You could either:

1. With a rooted device
Transfer your .mcr or .mcd memory card files to any location on your phone, such as /Downloads. Then, using a file manager with root access on the phone, manually move the file from the place you copied it to the directory containing Fpse.

2. Without a rooted device
Transfer your .mcr or .mcd memory card files to any location on your phone, such as /Downloads. Now open Fpse, and go to the settings menu. Under the "system" sub-menu, tap on "Memory Card 1" or "Memory Card 2", navigate to the location of the memory card you want to use, and select it. Make sure to save the config. afterwards.

3. Rooted or not, it matters not.
Using any PC emulator, start the game from which you would like to transfer the save. Now, load the save in question, and then quick-save. Find the quick-save file in the emulator's program directory (usually [game name].sav), and copy it to your phone.
On Fpse, change "Savestates Path" (Settings > System) to the folder containing the .sav file that you just transferred.
Start the game with Fpse, and load state from this new file. Now, simply save in-game as usual, and the save will be applied to one of the emulator's built-in memory cards.
You can now change the savestate directory back to what it was, or leave it as it is if you like.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Tue May 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Primary Device: Xperia Play
Hey Cloud,

thx for this nice detailed explanation. It helped me a lot.
If got an further question regarding the save files.
On my PS3 if got some Savegames which I copied from my original PS1 Memory Card. They are ".psv" files.
Is there a possibillity to use them with fpse?

cincerely

Tue May 17, 2011 6:17 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
JinZo wrote:
On my PS3 if got some Savegames which I copied from my original PS1 Memory Card. They are ".psv" files.
Is there a possibillity to use them with fpse?

Not as .psv files, no. I'm unsure if there is a utility on the Internet, with which you can convert them. You could try a Google search for ".psv to .mcr" or something.

There is a long-winded method I have just thought of, but it has a number of prerequisites: 1 PS3, 1 PSP running a custom firmware, CWcheat for PSP, and a way to get the save from the PSP to your phone.

1. Transfer the save from the PS3 to the PSP.
2. Load the game using the PSP, and make sure to activate CWcheat as it is loading.
3. Load the save game from the memory card.
4. Set the other memory card as a virtual CWcheat memory card and save the game to it.*
5. Quit the game and connect both the PSP and phone to your computer.
6. Find the CWcheat memory card you just created. It will be in the /seplugins/cwcheat folder on your memory card, and will be named after the GameID of the game, e.g. SCES1234.mcr.
7. Copy that file to your phone, renamed as either slot1.mcd or slot2.mcd, and overwrite the existing Fpse memory card.
8. Load the game on your phone and the save should be accessible.

* Supposing slot 1 on the PSP is where the save you want is, you need to create a memory card in CWcheat, and set it as slot 2. Now you need to save the game to slot 2. This will copy the save over to the newly created .mcr file on the memory card.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Thu May 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Primary Device: Lg Optimus P990 2x
ROM: 4.0.4. ICS-DjangoManouche
Hi,this is great...and can transfer saves from Fpse on my mobile to PC(epsxe) and back?Because FF7 game crash in one part and I want this game finish.Thanks for help...

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:39 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Operating System: Android Gingerbread
ROM: Cooked
Hi Guys,

I was running FPSE fine and then all of a sudden its all gone horribly wrong, ill give you my scenario..........

I went to load a save state on FFVII(not an in game save) and it crashes my fpse back to the main screen. I have a save from earlier in the game (waaaaaaay earlier) and that loads fine.

I managed to find a site that has in game saves for download http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff7saves.htm (sorry if im not allowed to put the link there - wasn't sure) and these are .mcr files for epsxe and I have used one of these before and had no issues but now when i follow the directions given) rename the .mcr file to "slot1.mcd" and transfer, then i loaded FPSE and changed the directory that the memory card 1 is looking to find this, and when i click load it doesn't do anything, is there something that i am doing wrong?

I've tried many versions of FPSE and multiple save states, I've also contacted the owner of the save states and he advises he has never amended these files for ages and has had nothing but praise from his customers.

Please help - this has got my head done in - not sure I can stomach reading through any more walkthroughs.

Thanks in advance guys

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:15 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
ROM: official ROM
Thaeek wrote:
Hi,this is great...and can transfer saves from Fpse on my mobile to PC(epsxe) and back?Because FF7 game crash in one part and I want this game finish.Thanks for help...

You can convert back and forth using this tool
Download: Memory Converter - All in One!! (23KB) from here
http://www.aldostools.org/memcards.html

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:02 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Samsung galaxy s3
Operating System: android
ROM: team buddies cooked
ok so ive been playing a game called team buddiea on an emulator called psxfin, now i wanna play it on my android, but i want to pick up where i left, but when i tried to follow Cloud's steps i saw that my memry card arw .psv, is it possible to convert them to mcr, or transfer my savestates? speaking of which, i have tje 11.53 version, and it just wont quicksave, ideas please? :?:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]