Problem with FF7-Droid Incredible

Rising
Primary Device: HTC Droid Incredible
ROM: Stock HTC Sense Android 2.2

Problem with FF7-Droid Incredible

Postby Rising » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:56 pm

During battle, when I select an enemy, the cursor does not appear. Instead I get a small pop-up window showing part of the enemy by the enemy name box. I end up attacking my own party sometimes because I can't tell who I'm targeting. During the many updates yesterday, after one of the updates, the cursor appeared and worked, but then the next update it was messed up again.

Some other issue is the speed. If I turn off the Framelimiter and set Frame skip to 50fps, everything works great except for during battle scenes. It speeds up quite a bit. Even when turning on screen filtering, it still runs at about 80fps. If I turn the limiter on, it tends to slow down to around 50-55fps with screen filtering turned off. Menu screens are slowed to a crawl in either case. The screen size is at 4/3 centered.

Also, what is HLE? I have it turned on. Would it help to turn it off?

EDIT: Also, I saved my game in FF8 in both slots, just in case. The game tells me that the saves are damaged, in both slots. :(

Rising
Primary Device: HTC Droid Incredible
ROM: Stock HTC Sense Android 2.2

Re: Problem with FF7-Droid Incredible

Postby Rising » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:54 am

Okay, I admit, I didn't read the sticky post first. My bad. Sorry. :oops:

sixtyfivedays
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt
ROM: Das BAMF

Postby sixtyfivedays » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 pm

I have the same issue. Guess I will go play 8 until it's resolved.

swischeze
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Incredible
Operating System: n/a
ROM: Android 2.2

Postby swischeze » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:34 pm

I have a different issue, same phone, same game. I uninstalled the app and lost my savegames and save states (~4hrs of gameplay), so I went online and found a save file around where I was before the uninstall. I loaded this file into Slot 1 within FPse, and I am able to load the savegame just fine. The issue is when I try to go to the menu within FF7, it just gives me a black screen, and eventually force closes. This also happens if i get into a battle. Once I kill the enemies, it is supposed to go to the items/gil screen, but does the same (black screen/force close).

Return to “General Discussion”