FPSe - Android HTC Desire HD. Force closing and crashing.

MrAJL
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
ROM: SCPH1001.bin

FPSe - Android HTC Desire HD. Force closing and crashing.

Postby MrAJL » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi, I really dont know where to post this, as I cant make posts in the "support" section.

Here goes.

Ive ripped myself some .iso's (final fantasy 8 to be exact) but every time i load an .iso, it force closes, if i use pocketiso and open the .bin.zip, it just crashes with no notification.

Can anyone help? its rather frustrating to buy an app and it doesnt work.

Also, people are saying to put the .bin into the .bin folder and roms into the .iso folder, i have neither of these as FPSe is installed onto the internal memory, and i cant seem to view that from my PC.

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Re: FPSe - Android HTC Desire HD. Force closing and crashing

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:55 pm

bin.zip file?

Try de-compressing it.

And you can load an ISO from anywhere, doesn't have to be in a specific file.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

MrAJL

Postby MrAJL » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Sorry, its a .bin file but the icon is for winzip, which is strange as none other .bins have the winzip logo. My bad.

And well, if thats the case, then why does it force close every time? :(

Edit: if more information is needed i am happy to tell you

MrAJL

Postby MrAJL » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Under properties, it shows the extension as .z which i guess is a rar file?

What should I do? i cant extract it as it says its corrupted, but i dont think its corrupted, as i made about 4 copies of it and they all did the same.

Hanzo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Vibrant
Operating System: Froyo
ROM: Stock

Postby Hanzo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:40 am

I know where youre coming from. The help included in the android version is confusing and the website manual seems to be for the windows version of fpsece. Ex: Choose half screen option to do x...but there is no half screen option! Ha Ha Ha. UI is so bad. Sometimes it remembers the bios save path, other times you have to go back and rechoose it. Annoying. Hopefully they will redo both soon.

MrAJL

Postby MrAJL » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:15 am

Ok well, if i use nero or whatever to burn the .iso, it force closes it. If i use pocketiso with .z and .z.table, it just crashes

MrAJL

Postby MrAJL » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:33 pm

I have bought romfinder now, would the copyright protection fc / crash the app?

Thanks for helping BTW :)

EDIT: downloaded FF8 disc 1 from romfinder, Good news, Seems to work!

EDIT2: As romfinder is illegal, is it frowned upon here? if so ill remove any posts relating to it.

MrAJL

Postby MrAJL » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:54 pm

I haven't actually done anything to remove the copyright stuff, unless romfinder does it automatically?

Hanzo
Fresh Fish

Postby Hanzo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Hellos my fellow fpse fanatics!
Hurm, wish there was a dedicated section for fpse, as it is I just look for the active posts because it seemed logical android+fpse more talked about at the moment.

Anyways, FF8 has no copyright as far as I know. I found a used copy at the local toys and joys and ripped it with some free ripper. Easy bcd, alchol, image burnner? One of those. Maybe its that copy, maybe it was the ripper, but it does work on my hd2 using fpsece, sgs(2.2) psx4droid, and starts up on fpse but hang crashes too. So far, Ive been able to play mvsf and other sprite based games only. Been looking around the net for more info on how to configure it, and Ive seen some videos of people using tekken 3, mgs, and the rest, so I figure it is a configuration problem.

Does anyone have a lead on tutorials or such for configuring fpse for android? Also, any info on when they might make a forum section just for fpse?
Last edited by Hanzo on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hanzo
Fresh Fish

Postby Hanzo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Also, heres a list of games that I have ripped straight from discs that I have. You can find a lot of them for 1-5 dollars. But the prices are going up because I think people are buying them all up. I catergorize them for my use experience on fpse: 1-Works, 2-Starts up but crashes, 3-Not recognized. All roms ripped by me and work fabulous on fpsece hd2, mostly working on psx4droid sgs.

3-colony wars 1
3-colony wars 2
2-chrono trigger
1-darkstalkers 3(weird color bar on the right side)
1-dbz ub22
1-ff4
2-ff8
1-gundam ba
1-inuyasha
1-marvel vs sf
2-metal gear solid
2-mk tilogy
1-nuclear strike
2-parappa the rappa
1-pocket fighter
1-tekken 3

From that limited experience I think that its a problem with my configuration because I know my device can handle the games, the roms work, and the program works, but that the configuration im using in fpse isnt optimized for 3-d/polygon games. Been messing with my configuration, but no luck yet. Have you tried a different rom? I know the instructions say to use the pocket iso to optimize your roms for fpse, but I like using uncompressed bin. Yeah its bigger and stuff, but it seems to run faster and less audio distortion. Have you tried that?

Just finished reading some stuff on xda. Deleted the roms and re-ripped them. Tekken3 working great now, better than psx4droid and almost as good and fpsece for winmo, but colony wars and the other roms still do the same thing-not recognized by fpse. With the other emus, I start them up and open them, but for some reason fpse still doesnt see them. The idea was that psx4droid has that save state feature that may mess up the rom for fpse, but why does only tekken 3 work and not the other roms? I dont know, but it is a solution to try if you have had psx4droid and cant get your roms to work. Clear out any possibly alter roms or save state junk.

Return to “General Discussion”