All right, I'm here to report some further testing I made... BTW, you SHOULD clarify EXPLICITLY that you NEED TO TURN ON THE REMOTE CONTROLLER OPTION ¡¡¡¡BEFORE!!!!! YOU SELECT ANYGAME!
Otherwise, FPSe crashes and freezes your devices. It could mislead the buyers into thinking that your app doesn't work (It took me a while to figure this out... i was going to heavily complain about this, actually XD)
Server: Asus Transformer TF300t Rooted, OC 1.7GHz, Playing Castlevania SOTN, Video mode: Software smoother image, Frame limiter, screenfiltering on. And Crash Team Racing, in Normal OGL.
Client 1: Xperia Play R800i Rooted, OC 1.5GHz.
At first, the server wouldn't respond to the physical keys on the Xperia Play, only the directional pad. I had to re-map the buttons in the Xperia Play options(the client) for them to work properly, but there's a problem with this, because Circle is recognized as BACK in this device, I can't map Circle to its physical button. When you try to map BACK in other emulators, they ask if you want to: 1) map BACK as a button or 2)actually go back... so I don't have this problem. Could you please make it possible to Map BACK as a button???
Like I mentioned earlier, there's the expected lag with this option, but using WiFi can lead to some faulty responses, such as: the button will stay pressed after it's released or it won't respond at the first attempt. If you could make this possible over bluetooth, rather than WiFi, we all get the perfect remote controller EVER! BTW, before I reinstalled FPSe, I noticed that it asked permission to turn bluetooth on... is this related to the remote controller?
I posted a video a while ago to show you an issue using OGL in the XPlay (runs to fast in some games and framelimiter value can't be set
)... this issue continues in this new release. Can anybody else confirm this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWZxOes ... vKBXXhA36A
Personally, I don't like OGL for 2D games like SOTN, but I tried to replicate the AM, TF, Dithering problem that GITech mentioned and this is what I got:
This is the game, no other option selected.. Notice the black border around the character and the health meter, the candles look normal, but they are semitransparent.
This is the game with AM, TF and Dithering on. IT completely eliminates the black border around Richter and Dracula, but messes the candles and scrambles the text.
This is the game with AM, TF, Dithering AND Advanced Blending options. Notice how the black border is gone around Dracula and Richter (in-game its virtually invisible), the candles are still weird, but the text is back to normal.
1) Remote Controller must be turn on BEFORE you select any game and you MUST close and restart FPSe if you want to reactivate it BEFORE you change the game in the server device. Other wise, it FCs.
2) You MUST close and restart FPSe in the client device BEFORE you select any game to play in it. Otherwise, you get a black screen and FPSe crashes.
3) Lag occurs as expected, but sometimes you get faulty response. Bluetooth may be a solution to this.
4) Xperia Play devices need to map the physical buttons for them to work properly with the Remote controller function. But Circle cannot be mapped as it is recognized as BACK. Can be solved by simply making possible to map BACK. Touch screen buttons work fine.
5) Alpha multipass messes with some 2D objects, making them thinner or mirrored, and in my case, it mixed up some text. Advanced Blending seemed to solve this problem.
6) Alpha multipass + Texture Filtering + Dithering AND Advanced Blending = Black border virtually gone.
As always, hope you find this useful. Thanks