Fpse for Android News

LaLa
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM: Android 4.2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby LaLa » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 am

I am new here, have a couple of questions. I don't have experience with emulators and I just migrated to Android a couple of days ago. I bought your FPse PSX app on Android Market and I can't seem to get it to work. I can play a rom one time, then save, sometimes I can't. It is really frustrating to me. Maybe I don't know what the hell I'm doing but this app seems complicated (to me). But when I actually got a game to play, and saved it, I couldn't load it. When I press the load button, it crashes and does a force stop. So, what can I do now, I really want to be able to use this daily and effortlessly. I don't know what I need to send to you for you to be able to help me, so yeah thats my situation. Thanks and great app when I was able to play with it!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 am

Next update will include new fixes, regarding all feedbacks.

And finally Framelimiter is much more accurate now, you won't recognize FPse! much faster, and Frameskipping is much more accurate, no Stuttering !! using UP to 50fps games are still smooth!

I recall that Frameskipping in FPse is not what most of people thinks, in fact it skip somes 3D functions, that why with somes games it miss things, like icons, menus etc... perhaps changing this frameskipping to be less destructive, and it will be usuable for games like FF9 etc... we will mind on that.

If you can list games on which Frameskipping cause problem we'll make somes checks...

LaLa

Postby LaLa » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 am

Ugh, I feel embarrassed, it the rom that was the problem, not the emulator. :oops: You are the man schtruck, perfect emulator! Just a quick question though, any way to input cheat codes? Might as well ask, would love to have camo at the start of MGS. :lol: :mrgreen:

kennydied23
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3
ROM: Eclipse

Postby kennydied23 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:45 am

Wow. Man the development and support on this is out of this world (world of Playstation emulators for android anyway. compared to zodttd you are better). I payed for the market version but as soon as I find your donate link I'm buying you a beer.

kennydied23
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3
ROM: Eclipse

Postby kennydied23 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 am

schtruck wrote:Next update will include new fixes, regarding all feedbacks.

And finally Framelimiter is much more accurate now, you won't recognize FPse! much faster, and Frameskipping is much more accurate, no Stuttering !! using UP to 50fps games are still smooth!

I recall that Frameskipping in FPse is not what most of people thinks, in fact it skip somes 3D functions, that why with somes games it miss things, like icons, menus etc... perhaps changing this frameskipping to be less destructive, and it will be usuable for games like FF9 etc... we will mind on that.

If you can list games on which Frameskipping cause problem we'll make somes checks...

Also, for me frameskipping never skipped. It always made ffix and crash bandicoot 3 fullspeed. And about the frameskipping skipping 3d functions, now I know what you meant from your earlier post about frameskipping. I'll also mention again that your team is doing a great job.

slanseith
Primary Device: HD2-Android DarkStone V3 (SD)
Operating System: Win 6.5 (5.2.21864)
ROM: 1.66

Postby slanseith » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Schtruck,

can you tell me if the next release will fix the memory card Save/Load error on some games like MGS, Vagrant story and FF7 ?

Thx !

elgrego
Primary Device: HTC HD2 (Desire HD)
Operating System: Android
ROM: RAFDROID HD 3.0

Postby elgrego » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:28 pm

GT2 loses menus if frameskip is turned on and I just get black screens. Hope this helps

LaLa

Postby LaLa » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:53 pm

slanseith wrote:Schtruck,

can you tell me if the next release will fix the memory card Save/Load error on some games like MGS, Vagrant story and FF7 ?

Thx !

I am having this problem too. But when I open up MGS, it comes up with no sound. :( and then it only sometimes opens the game with no sound, load a game and it closes the app for some reason. Any suggestions on what to do?

dom_b
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Tattoo
ROM: nFInityGB 0.7

Postby dom_b » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:18 pm

I know this has been asked before but done a search and can't find an answer...

What does BOOST mode do (apart from cause a black screen). That's all it does on mine.

Emulation is pretty slow on my HTC Tattoo clocked @ 710Mhz. Tony Hawks is ALMOST playable but not really. Will optimizations speed things up in the future? I remember playing Tony Hawks at FULL SPEED on my 300Mhz mac on Virtual Game Station and that was 10 years ago! I'm sure speed can be improved.

The menu fades in Tony Hawks 2 are soooooo slow. Not sure why this effect causes the slow down, used to happen in VGS as well.

Also, frameskip doesn't seem to have any benefit for me. Everything still seems to get rendered at the same quality, it just literally skips frames.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectix_Virtual_Game_Station

dom_b
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Tattoo
ROM: nFInityGB 0.7

Postby dom_b » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:34 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:impossible to compare emulation on a PC and emuation on a smartphone

If you try Fpse (not CE, not for Droid, just Fpse) on a PC, it's the same, it requires an extremly low config to work

But a PC has got its own video card, sound chip (what is really important here, souds take so many ressources!), etc....

Anyway, of course Schtruck will improve the whole thing to get more speed, you can bet on it ;)

I agree, but I would bet that the Tattoo is more powerful than a G3 Mac from 1999. Maybe I'm wrong but there's probably not much in it. The graphics card in it was an ATI Rage 128. I doubt that would have much impact these days.

Also, talking about sound emulation taking up resources, there should be an option to disable it. I personally never use sound and it would speed things up!

Great work regardless of course.

Return to “News”