very cool schtruck :)
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

ya_ay
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby ya_ay » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:58 pm

I recently installed this again on my tablet and noticed that the opengl plugin now has an "expand screen width" option to fix the cropped picture on 2d capcom fighters. It works great, but I am wondering if it's possible to add this "fix" onto the software renderer as well. Only 2d games are effected, so having this option on the software renderer would be much better.

Thank you for the great job on this emu.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 pm

Ok guys, i just pushed FPse 0.11.92 to the Market.

The good news is that FF7 freeze is fixed, and surely other freeze.
Easy Interface is much faster to draw Covers, and i have fixed plenty of other reported bugs.
The other good new is that FPse now is compiled for Jelly bean (with compatibility with older version of Android) and this make FPse running much smoother and is more stable.

Next version , i'll add the asked missing framelimiter 61,62,63 as requested, and will add too a Sharin system for the OpenGL config!! like that people who will have good config for one game will be able to share his config to everybody.... next time this game will be loaded the OpenGL config shared will be set by default.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 am

If anyone has a Crash problem with FPse version 0.11.92 just after firsts advertissements, please contact me, i'd like to definitively fix this anoying problem: schtruck@gmail.com

thanks.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:31 pm

This sounds great Schtruck! I'm especially excited about the sharing system.

Pezito
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung GS3 (GT-I9300)
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: I9300XXELL4

Postby Pezito » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Yup, sounds cool ! :)

Any plans to fix the menu bug that prevents from using "Draw Thread Priority" and "Framelimiter level" options ?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:36 am

Wow, I just got my jellybean update on my Motorola Droid Bionic today - what perfect timing.

On ff9 frameskip seems broken when using OpenGL. With it enabled, I get good fps, with stutter, which is OK, but sometimes it starts lagging really bad, almost freezing up, as if it's not able to skip frames properly. Its like the skipped frames are quad up and it can't get through the queue. When it finally does start going the fps jumps to 150 or 200 for a few seconds while it catches up. It only does it during fight load when the game has a very hard time processing the data. Other times when the rendering is slow (like walking around outside in the fog) it's OK with frameskip, just super choppy (as expected).

Anyone else have that problem in any game with OpenGL?

Edit:
After resetting audio and video settings it seems to work more normally. However, the 'catch up' effect where the fps jumps up to try to catch p for the missed frames is still there, and I think the 'catch up' is what's causing the problem. The catch up effect can be seen just by ping unto the menu from the intro if you have frame skip on. After leaving the menu the fps will jump on to 200+ for a second or two whole it 'catches up' to the part missed when pushing the menu button'.

Also, I tried setting the Framelimiter to 50 and 30 but it didn't work.

serbusfish
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.5

Postby serbusfish » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 am

I was wondering if someone can help me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with standard Android 2.3.5 OS, most PS1 games ive tried run fine, however the crash bandicoot games all lag slightly and the sound stutters. In older versions of the emulator they ran fine, so I dont know whats happening now.

Is there some optimal settings for my phone to get these games to run good? To be honest scrolling through the options I have no idea what a lot of the settings do :oops:

Hakimy
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: 4.2.2
ROM: Stock

Postby Hakimy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi. This app used to work perfectly for me but the latest update broke it. Everytime i try to open and load a game the app crashes and the only way to open it is to switch to opengl. And while opengl makes games look sharper, it doesn't work properly with all games like for example xenogears in some parts. I have nexus 7 with android 4.2.2 i hope a fix will be available soon. Thanks in advance.

Return to “News”