Fpse for Android News

Crugath
Primary Device: HTC One 32GB
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: TrickDroid 8.0.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Crugath » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 am

schtruck wrote:will release the version 0.11.76 tomorow after more test.

Looking forward to trying it out!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Just pushed FPse 0.11.76 to market!!!

- Fixed Tempo and 'Click' in sound streamed, now sound is very clear in FPse!
- Added Russian Language (thanks to Boris!)

We are implementing now Frame buffer for the opengl plugin which will let you to choose a resolution for OpenGL... and normaly Full screen antialiasing should works very well after that.

THe good is that we are parsing all the code of this OpenGL plugin, line by line, and we are rewritting and fixing all, to make this plugin a beast! So Stay tunned...

Burd!K
Primary Device: Xperia ZR
ROM: stock JB 4.3

Postby Burd!K » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:41 am

GT2 still doesn't want to load from memory cards in software (ES-2 Blitting) :cry:
That and codepage problems on market I've already mailed you about

Also people with Xperia Play have a problem with overlay buttons (why would they want to use them anyway :roll: )
Are they being forcebily disabled?

chutia
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Postby chutia » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 am

schtruck wrote:Just pushed FPse 0.11.76 to market!!!

- Added Russian Language (thanks to Boris!)

We are implementing now Frame buffer for the opengl plugin which will let you to choose a resolution for OpenGL... and normaly Full screen antialiasing should works very well after that.

THe good is that we are parsing all the code of this OpenGL plugin, line by line, and we are rewritting and fixing all, to make this plugin a beast! So Stay tunned...

OMG :o sounds great cant wait good luck!!

mindundi
Primary Device: Galaxy Y

Postby mindundi » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Hello, first off great job, but I'am usually very careful and wore a long time without updating FPse (due to the negative comments about updates) but now I decided to update to lastest version (unisntall before install by play store) and I have a problem with fps drops, about 4-5fps less than before update to the last version.

Also, when I go to set frameskip I can't find the frameskip "tunner", because default frameskip is too high and the game is heavily choppy (before update I remember set frameskip about 30 aprox, depending of each game)

- My device is a Samsung Galaxy Y (young) @1ghz, also I tested with stock rom and cyanogenmod 7.2 (a bit faster but not big deal)

- I use software mode <<no antialiasing filter, no opengl (because is too slow for "normal" devices) and mostly time muted (also before sound was "bad" but I don't care about the sound, I just want play)>>

any help please?

I checked a few changelog here: viewtopic.php?p=24904#p24904 (don't appear all versions :S) and I see you have working hard on sound:

- Fixed sound rendering, highly enhanced

- Fix in sound engine which result in

- Perfect sound and tempo!!!

- New Sound option 'Reduce Latency'

- Fixed Sound engine, far better now

- Fixed sound! really perfect now! especially if you set SPUSYNC from audio menu

- change Fix distortion by Enhance sound emulation which can bring better sound emulation

- Highly enhanced sound when SPUSYNC is set

- Fixed Sound stuttering, stream are now smoother

but I still have the choppy sound on v76, but like I said, the sound is not problem for me, I can play without sound, just the gameplay.

Thanks

Sarkie
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime

Postby Sarkie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:46 pm

mindundi wrote:Hello, first off great job, but I'am usually very careful and wore a long time without updating FPse (due to the negative comments about updates) but now I decided to update to lastest version (unisntall before install by play store) and I have a problem with fps drops, about 4-5fps less than before update to the last version.

Also, when I go to set frameskip I can't find the frameskip "tunner", because default frameskip is too high and the game is heavily choppy (before update I remember set frameskip about 30 aprox, depending of each game)

- My device is a Samsung Galaxy Y (young) @1ghz, also I tested with stock rom and cyanogenmod 7.2 (a bit faster but not big deal)

- I use software mode <<no antialiasing filter, no opengl (because is too slow for "normal" devices) and mostly time muted (also before sound was "bad" but I don't care about the sound, I just want play)>>

any help please?

I checked a few changelog here: viewtopic.php?p=24904#p24904 (don't appear all versions :S) and I see you have working hard on sound:

- Fixed sound rendering, highly enhanced

- Fix in sound engine which result in

- Perfect sound and tempo!!!

- New Sound option 'Reduce Latency'

- Fixed Sound engine, far better now

- Fixed sound! really perfect now! especially if you set SPUSYNC from audio menu

- change Fix distortion by Enhance sound emulation which can bring better sound emulation

- Highly enhanced sound when SPUSYNC is set

- Fixed Sound stuttering, stream are now smoother

but I still have the choppy sound on v76, but like I said, the sound is not problem for me, I can play without sound, just the gameplay.

Thanks

Tried using Old Frameskip and Old Framelimiter?

mindundi
Primary Device: Galaxy Y

Postby mindundi » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:59 pm

yes, but there's no differences.

yyler
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: 4.1.2

Postby yyler » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:27 pm

It seems that as of a few versions ago, FPSE is automatically loading my save states. I haven't been able to figure out if this is an option I somehow turned on, or how to disable it.

I'm playing FF8, and 90% of the FMVs in the game are rendered as a gray screen unless you load from battery before loading any save states. I'm currently working around this by loading the wrong disc, loading my last save at a save point, then changing the disk. This is not an ideal solution--I don't know what I'm going to do on the last disc. Some of the FMVs play behind in game content and require you to move around, and it's going to be much harder if I can't see where I am or what I am doing.

Am I missing some way to turn off automatic loading? Or can this be addressed in a future update?

Thanks for the otherwise excellent emulator. Other than this, I don't have any complaints.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:28 am

Have you tried turning off System - Autosave

gaialili
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
ROM: Rom stock SFR

Postby gaialili » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi.

On Moto racer, when you start the race, the message "invalid joystick" appears. It offers to press on the cross but the message reappears immediately.
This is an internal message to the game and not to the emulator, as when a joystick is disconnected in a game and we are asked to reconnect. This is the only game that do this.

Return to “News”