Fpse for Android News

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby foleyjo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:28 am

Update on sticking square button...
Fixed it with reset all settings. Also doing this has given me better performance. I suggest people with framerate and sound issues try it. Back up saves first just in case

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 am

How exactly did you 'reset all settings'? Did you uninstall and reinstall FPSE? Did you 'clear data' for FPSE under the Android 'manage applications'?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:16 am

I suspect the reason that resetting settings resolves alot of issues is the older version most likely didn't support some features so the settings for them features are not in the ini files. When you reset it rewrites all the default settings aka updating the ini file so that they are than assigned proper values and will work properly.

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 am

Bluezeak is right too about the sound issues, especially in ff9. I went back to an older version and ff9 runs optimal both sound and video in softgpu which is fine for me now. I just want to play smooth that's all.

Perhaps schtruck fixes these things in newer versions of fpse. I hope so :-)

Tumalu

Postby Tumalu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:04 am

bluezeak wrote:How exactly did you 'reset all settings'? Did you uninstall and reinstall FPSE? Did you 'clear data' for FPSE under the Android 'manage applications'?

I already dis too, didn't make any difference for me though. I see epsxe is also back from the dead, even for android. Tested it, works like a charm for ff9! Only I wouldn't buy or use it now since fpse is still far better. There are no options in epsxe yet.

Tumalu

Postby Tumalu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 am

Phase wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that the sound emulation on the latest versions of FPSE is inferior to previous ones?
I am currently playing FF IX (NTSC/U) on stock SGSII (4.0.4) using software rendering (2D elements look worse with OpenGL mode on) and SpuSync. I've played about 50% of a game without any problems, sound and music was great, I have noticed just small imperfections (sound slowdowns etc.) during prerendered cutscenes and the begging of a battles - nothing disturbing. But now after last updates music is constantly speeding up and slowing down in the field and during battles, sound effects are also strange (i.e. when moving around menu the sound effect is cut and sounds different all the time - sometime I hear only begging, another time only the ending of a sample, especially when closing menu). I've tried playing with various settings (frameskip, enhance sound emulation etc.) - without success.
Anyone having the same sound issues with last few updated versions? Any ideas how to fix it?

I told this so many times before regarding the sound issues. It didn't happen on 0.11.29 and before to me. There must have been some editing by schtruck somewhere that made this change....

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:45 am

bluezeak wrote:deejayzee - does it happen with both opengl and softgpu? if I can get tekken3 (that's tekken 3 correct?) I'll test it. does it do that with all games?

i900frenchaddict wrote:I've watched your video. Is it the same if you use "old frameskip" and not "frameskip"? I mean, on my devices, tekken has always been way more smooth with "old frameskip" and tends to skip more frames (to get the same fps) with regular frameskip.

in software mode yes, it happen to all my games, but how screen jerks is best seen with tekken 3.
Tekken 3 in OpenGL mode is so much better than in software mode, it is smooth with 'old frameskip' and 'new' frameskip, it is totally playable.
Persona with OpenGL is not so smooth with frameskip, 3D scenes are very choppy, but frames are skipping evenly, no crazy lagging like Tekken 3 on my video.

Phase
Operating System: ICS 4.0.4

Postby Phase » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:54 am

Definately the problem with sound in FF IX was caused by recent changes in sound engine. It was fine few versions ago as I have finished 2 CDs without any problems. Now the sound issues are bothering me a lot and I would like to go back to the previous nice working version (0.11.32 as far as I remember...).
I can't record this issue with audio/video because I'm running stock, unrooted ICS.
Anyway, this is a GREAT emulator and I hope someday it will work perfectly on every game available :)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 pm

You can take a video with a different phone our with a camera (if you have one).

Sound issues - as I said in the past, schtruck has worked hard on sound and I suspect that the sound is a lot better. I believe its just a couple games that have compatibility issues. I know the square games (ff7, ff9, etc) specifically had special sound settings built into sound emulators to get then to work correctly (later plugins worked pretty good without the special settings, but for best sound you still wanted the one with the special setting).

Also, in the past there were several different people that worked on the emulator. One person (or a small group) worked on the emulator. One person did the video/graphics plugin. Someone else did the sound. Schtruck is doing the job of like 5 people, with hardware and software that is more difficult to work with. There are no manuals/guides for the gpus. There are no gfx driver updates we can apply to fix gfx issues. The manufacturers don't document what tweaks they put into their versions of Linux. The community had to figure this stuff out (ty xda developers and others). For example, my Bluetooth doesn't work with bluez ime in emulators - motorola broke it - no gamepad for me unless I can use built in setting in emulator).

Schtruck continues to fix bugs, AND improve the emulator. Often there is a trade off - better performance, Less compatible. Good work schtruck. Thank you.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:32 pm

bluezeak wrote:How exactly did you 'reset all settings'? Did you uninstall and reinstall FPSE? Did you 'clear data' for FPSE under the Android 'manage applications'?

Sorry shouldn't have put the word all in there. Just went to misc-reset settings

Return to “News”