Fpse for Android News

Exclaymation
Primary Device: HTC Desire
ROM: TME 2.5

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Exclaymation » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:44 am

haha, sorry, I meant mcd. Do you have your save files in the default location on in another folder?

xenkw0n
Primary Device: HTC Incredible

Postby xenkw0n » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:55 am

Exclaymation wrote:haha, sorry, I meant mcd. Do you have your save files in the default location on in another folder?

All of my save files + mcd files are in different folders (sdcard) than default. I maintained the directories I was using with psx4droid.

Exclaymation

Postby Exclaymation » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:01 am

xenkw0n wrote:All of my save files + mcd files are in different folders (sdcard) than default. I maintained the directories I was using with psx4droid.

And everything works fine? I have not been able to save to the memory card at all, could this be due to the mcd file being corrupted?

xenkw0n

Postby xenkw0n » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:39 am

Exclaymation wrote:
xenkw0n wrote:All of my save files + mcd files are in different folders (sdcard) than default. I maintained the directories I was using with psx4droid.

And everything works fine? I have not been able to save to the memory card at all, could this be due to the mcd file being corrupted?

I suppose. I'm not familiar with developing emulators, I just use them :-P

Try saving to the second memory card? Make a back-up of the .mcd file before doing anything drastic if you don't want to lose any salvageable information. Try clearing the data for the FPse application in the phone settings->application and see if that changes anything the next time you open FPse... doing this will mean you have to reconfigure your settings, just an FYI.

Exclaymation

Postby Exclaymation » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:44 am

xenkw0n wrote:Try saving to the second memory card? Make a back-up of the .mcd file before doing anything drastic if you don't want to lose any salvageable information. Try clearing the data for the FPse application in the phone settings->application and see if that changes anything the next time you open FPse... doing this will mean you have to reconfigure your settings, just an FYI.

Yeah, I have tried with the second memory card as well as a data clear. The memory cards are empty since I have never been able to save anything. I have only tried saving while playing Xenogears and it always fails, but I will try Castlevania later on today to see if it is the roms fault.

xenkw0n

Postby xenkw0n » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 am

It might have been answered before but I can't find out what exactly "Boost" does... What's it doing to 'boost' anything?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:28 am

Next version will include, the BACK key fix... stay pressed actually.
And Eject function Fixed too.
We are working on too things , perfect frameskipping... no more stuttering when it's UP to 50fps, and Perfect Audio track emulation.

Vanlen
Primary Device: Samsung galaxy S
ROM: Darky rom 9.2

Postby Vanlen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 am

phrozen087 wrote:Schtruck,

Been trying out 0.10.4. The performance overall seems better. I noticed there is a bug in how the default settings are saving though. It appears that every time the emulator loads it resets the Hardware UP key to empty. To help you out I looked into the .ini files and both the global and local cfg files appear to have the correct settings saved for all keys. Therefore I think it probably just a simple error that occurs when the emulator launches. Thanks for all the support, this app is great!

dgg04 wrote:Schtruck can you please list the path and file names of the files to delete to fix the overlayed buttons

I'm assuming you are trying to fix it without removing the internal save states or memcards. Go to "data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" and delete everything except "bios", "memcards" and "sstates". That should refresh all the folders you need.

I have nothing in the data folder! Is that normal? Just a "beautifulwidgets" folder and a "com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup" folder. Maybe thats why the app crashed, no?

DrownedOne
Primary Device: Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S
ROM: Stock Froyo 2.2

Postby DrownedOne » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:23 am

Schtruck

What about the crashes? Please tell me your including that in the next update. I wasn't able to play it for a couple days now.

Exclaymation

Postby Exclaymation » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:26 am

Hey, this is just a heads up for anyone playing Xenogears and can't save a file on the memory card. It seems it is due to a bug in the game. To be able to save, you must have a saved file (from any game) on one of the memory cards, then while in game, open the the save screen and copy the save file from the other game to the other memory card. Afterwards it should be able to save Xenogears files. I just did this and it worked flawlessly. This made my night.

Return to “News”