Great post, thank you. Totally agree.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:38 am

@Kayann - "alpha blending" - I believe you mean alpha multipass, as alpha multipass deals with dhadows and transparancy issues. advanced blending generally deals with lighting and shading, often it breaks things and makes the game greatly over-contrasted.

11.32 testing:
ok I did some testing:
- software - runs a bit better - it was already fantastic.
- multicore mode (force monocore unchecked) - it runs better - it seems to run about the same as it did before the update for me. It doesn't do the crazy 1/2 screen redraw it was doing, and is now back to it's more normal 'stuttery' feel. it's very fast, but feels like frameskip is running with a good number of frames being skipped. I turned up the thread priority, and that made things worse - more like it was with the original update with the 1/2 screen redraws. not as bad, but I started noticing them.
- opengl - about the same. I've still only tested FF9, I'll test FF8 soon. performance was same for me - without anti aliasing there were werid shadinging and colors, and the games was SLOW.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:44 am

schtruck wrote:- Jellybean Screen filtering is not available now since they have implemented triple buffuring. Just hope they will propose it in the Next update of JB

Screenfiltering works, but only in monocore mode

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:50 am

Kayann wrote:
Suggestions
- Fullscreen mode. This helps to avoid accidental button presses, however this would required some onscreen way of activating Fpse's own menu without using the android back button... which of course leads to:

Try GMD gesture control from market, it has ability to hide/show navigation bar with a gesture (the app requires root)

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:55 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:"garbage PS logo/text on startup" is usually just the sign of a bad ISO. Don't tell me some iso work in software, but do the "garbage PS logo/text on startup" in openGL only, that would be a real new problem here :shock:

Got to say then this is a real new problem.
I play the games fine in software mode but a lot of games have corruption on the boot screens when in open gl mode. I thought this was normal because the games themselves still load up

rblanca
Primary Device: DROID3

Postby rblanca » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:59 pm

thefitz wrote:
bluezeak wrote:I also have a powervr sgx 540, running @ 300 Mhz. TI OMAP 4430 1.0 Ghz.
what do you mean performance tanks - you mean opengl performance tanks? or does sofware mode tank also?

if you are talking about opengl, did you try turning on anti aliasing?

I mentioned this in other posts - when AA is on, it improves, but not to what the speeds were. Still a 33% reduction instead of 75%.

To be fair, Final Fantasy XI ran fine - but other games, particularly with full 3D landscapes, did not fare as well (Dragon Warrior VII, Vagrant Story, Grandia).

Legend of Dragoon was a consistent 60fps but now it's at 45fps.

This is all OpenGL - the Software mode looks and performs better than it ever has, and I apologize if I only seem to comment to complain. I'm running dual-core with screenfiltering (not much of a choice there :P) and it runs 60fps all the time.

Same for me on my Droid 3 on any newest reversion than 0.11.29 (a couple days ago) become very slow (llike30 - 40 fps) with white things on screen, if you set AA on white things are fixed and fps become slight better (40 fps) but in 0.01.29 w/o AA there was no white things and fps was 50+...in other words, it was great. Please devs if your could do something it would be great. Thanks and sorry for my crappy english

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 pm

ok i think i found my mistake.... another stuff where still in opengl mode, which was set and necessary for opengl ES2..... i will switch it off then will release a new version in the evening.

sahwal

Postby sahwal » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:09 pm

i found special screen size save not work.
it is bug, right?

:P

wilk489
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3(VZW)
Operating System: 4.0.4
ROM: CleanRom 2.1

Postby wilk489 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:21 pm

I found last night in OpenGL that Anti Aliasing wouldn't stay checked for me. Running 0.11.32 on my Verizon Galaxy S3.

bagofcrap24
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android
ROM: SlimLP (Lollipop 5.0)

Postby bagofcrap24 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:02 pm

working great for me on HTC One X
FF9 has never been so playable with OpenGL
i made a little video to show :)
these are some of the biggest moves in the game so the slowdowns are as bad as they are ever going to be

http://youtu.be/NOc0kyA7Kyg

Return to “News”