first off - thanks you so much schtruck! This update is amazing, despite the current issues's we're discussing.
also, let me say again, thank you - you fixed my problem with the built-in bluetooth for my icontrolpad. it works in opengl now - well done.
on to the issues..
- start buttons - confirmed, I must always set start/select buttons.
- opengl - confirmed, it's WAY slower. from ~45 fps to ~14 fps. the prioritization doesn't seem to do anything noticable for me. I have dualcore 1ghz motoroloa bionic with powervr sgx540, @ 300 Mhz, android 2.3.5, stock rom.
- test opengl - confirmed, FPSE FCs (force closes) ... howerver...
- I have 3 version of the opengl plugin on my sdcard (how did I get 3?? I don't know..). - monocore - it does seem faster. I can almost run FF9 (my test game) with filtering on (it runs around ~45 FPS)
- all three versions also cause FPSE to FC
- I suspect that the opengl now is actually the opengl2 that you were testing with schtruck, and that the emulator is set to use opengl2. we're not really using the peops opengl I don't think. if so, something else is wrong - you've set something in the emulator itself such that the old (and test) plugins don't work, only the one we dowload from the internet. at least, that's how mine works.
- multi-core - very interesting change. It used to stutter like when using frameskip. now, the character motion is very smooth - BUT - the screen has to redraw when moving. the top half has to redraw at all the points which would have been 'stuttery' previously. ultimately it's worse than before, but like I said, the charcter movement is actually much smoother. but ... now the background has become ... choppy. A bit hard to describe.
Again, well done schtruck. Please keep up the work.
(@foleyjo - haven't used opengl!?! you are missing out!! .... for games that it works on anyway...)