show the logo screen then just stop
show the logo screen then crash

:(
-tgwaste

kokotas
Primary Device: hd2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby kokotas » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:56 pm

thanks to HDM's skin (the one for axis problem) I'm now facing no problems with multitouch :D

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 pm

rufio wrote:
i900frenchaddict wrote:
I would bet Fpse for Droid will hugely be improved within a few weeks, you'll be surprised ;)

On the contrary, I probably won't be surprised. With the amount of effort that's been put into it already and the hard work Schtruck's doing everyday I wouldn't be surprised if my phone emulated me waffles and coffee in the morning for breakfast.

Don't be ridiculous. Waffles and coffee are only going to be available in fpse v2, and even then you won't get syrup...

dabomb224
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Postby dabomb224 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:17 pm

OK everyone, I have good news and bad news. For those who, like me, were experiencing terrible sound and music reproduction in many games (including FF7, FF8, Chrono Cross, etc.), I have found the solution to our problems.

The good news is that it's a simple matter of switching on the SPU Sync in the Audio menu. Yes, I know that this has been suggested before. However, the reason why I (and I can only assume several others) saw no difference with this setting being switched on previously is because, like with many of the Graphical Acceleration settings, it requires a Restart to take effect. So if one were to hear the faulty sound playback, activate the SPU setting, and return to the game, there would be no difference. However, if one were to then use the Restart option to reboot the app, the option would kick in and the sound emulation would be fixed! I think that a simple message indicating the necessity of a reboot, like the ones listed under the Acceleration options, would eliminate a lot of confusion.

Now for the bad news. Whereas previously, with the SPU Sync turned off, I was able to play both FF7 and FF8 at full speed at all times, without slowdown (and without any Frameskip), with the SPU setting now properly turned on, I experience periodic slowdown during battles. The slowdown is fairly noticeable, and it comes and goes without predictable pattern. There is also random stuttering of the game that did not exist with the SPU setting turned off. It is definitely nowhere near as bad as it is in Psx4Droid, but it does remove quite a bit of the lightning speed that I enjoyed before fixing the sound. It is also bad enough to where I can no longer utilize the graphical smoothing setting, even with Frameskip turned up.

So for those others who, like me, were experiencing these sound issues, be aware: the problem has nothing to do with being rooted or with being on a Custom ROM. The SPU Sync option does work, but it requires a restart for it to kick in.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:27 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:openGl ES.....!

OK, the fact is that many users here are Android users who've never had a winMo device running FpseCE. Meaning Schtruck has already made some experiments with openGL plugin for WinMo, not really successful for the moment, so let's say it has already been kind of a "work in progress" for many months

Also, many feature that boost FpseCE to the masterpiece it is today are not implemented for Android yet!

Just an easy example: running with a low power CPU like the one of my good old i900 omnia, using PocketIso compressed games gives a boost up to 20% fps for some games, more compared to the raw iso (as well as perfect music even if the game doesn't run full speed!) :shock:
But so far, Fpse for droid doesn't really support PocketIso compressed files....(no sound or choppy if compressed to mp3)

A frameskip patch, as well as an HD patch allowed to boost tekken 3 from 32 to full speed (50fps on my pal version)=> no patch implemented for Fpse for Droid yet

etc

I would bet Fpse for Droid will hugely be improved within a few weeks, you'll be surprised ;)

Not exactly what I'm saying. One of the reasons that all the old pc psx emus have been so successful was due to the fact that they had a plugin system for which anyone could develop. ePSXe, for example, is just the core emulator. Some of the real magic comes from the many GPU, SPU, and pad plugins available for it (epsxe uses the psemupro plugin standards, just updated and revised to support new features). I remember downloading the headers for building psemu pro plugins back in the day. If fpse uses the same plugin system (albeit update for savestates and the like), then anyone could potentially develop plugins for it, which could greatly speed development. If someone like Pete came along and ported his GPU plugins to fpse for android, that would free up schtruck's time to work on the core emulator. If we could get some headers and specs for plugins for fpse for droid, there's a lot of talented coders out there who have been developing plugins for psx emus for years.

Incidentally, you can still use PocketISO without ripping the XA audio to MP3. In that case, it simply compresses the image, saving roughly 20-30% space (in my experience thus far). So, it may not improve speed, but it does save plenty of space, which is important on mobile devices when dealing with full disc images. And I haven't noticed any performance degradation as a result of the compression. For those who want to give it a shot, just keep all the default options (including normal compression, maximum compression uses bzip, which seem to not be supported), and compress away. You'll need both the files produced, the .Z image and the .Z.table file in the same directory, but it works great, and has saved me gigabytes already.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:32 pm

HDM wrote:Add version for nexus one or others devices with problems with the same axis

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2051&p=19326#p19326

HDM, your work is much appreciated. One request, though. Could you either a) put these in zip files, or b) (even better) suggest a good rar utility for android? If I'm browsing the forum on my phone and download, I can't extract the files from a rar archive. Keep it up mate!

Edit: scratch that, androzip seems to do the job nicely
Last edited by LouCipher on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:34 pm

tgwaste wrote:so 90% of my games now do one of the following:

show the logo screen then just stop
show the logo screen then crash

:(

Well, can you give us some more information to work with? What games? What (if any) bios version? What settings are you using? Are you updated to .10.3? Etc?

Also, you should update your profile so we know what device (and, preferably, what ROM) you are using.

tl_33
Primary Device: optimus
ROM: 2.2.1

Postby tl_33 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 pm

HDM wrote:Updated skin with detection lines fixed, will now respond correctly, try it with tricks :D

download/file.php?id=696

try to make another version for double shaft smartphones soon

Awesome! this solves my directional problems.. Wondering if you can make a version to fit my Optimus S.

Type: LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
Resolution: 320 x 480 pixels
3.2" diagonal
Colors: 16.7 million (24-bit)

Thanks again!

tl_33
Primary Device: optimus
ROM: 2.2.1

Postby tl_33 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:16 pm

I just tried and make the images smaller with photoshop, I got them working great on my screen.

I hope you don't mind if I post the edited files for anyone who has a similar screen.
Attachments
FPSE_MOD_320_480.rar
(58.31 KiB) Downloaded 681 times

Return to “News”