Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:51 pm

i talked with LDchen about this problem, and it's possible that Chronos Cross still need something that has been removed (busy bit Fix), because he thought it wasn't more necessary with last changes on core. He's investigating actually.

On my side, i have Updated FPse with Last version of SDK (4.0.3), and it seems to work better now, (yes still compatible with 2.1 and up. previously was using 2.2 sdk)

I have added a new option from Video menu to for 2D GPU acceleration for software mode, it seems to gives a small boost, and on My device, the Screen Filtering do not slowdown so much than without this option Set.

i'm currently adding USB/BT Joystick Center analog Stick support, which work on ANdroid > 3.1, but a very good software which let you use any USB or BT Pad, without rooting your phone. I asked to author if he could support phone resolution, because actually it's limited to 1024x600 or more, but while SGII and many other will update to ICS, i think this software will be very interresting.

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:22 pm

schtruck wrote:i talked with LDchen about this problem, and it's possible that Chronos Cross still need something that has been removed (busy bit Fix), because he thought it wasn't more necessary with last changes on core. He's investigating actually.

On my side, i have Updated FPse with Last version of SDK (4.0.3), and it seems to work better now, (yes still compatible with 2.1 and up. previously was using 2.2 sdk)

I have added a new option from Video menu to for 2D GPU acceleration for software mode, it seems to gives a small boost, and on My device, the Screen Filtering do not slowdown so much than without this option Set.

i'm currently adding USB/BT Joystick Center analog Stick support, which work on ANdroid > 3.1, but a very good software which let you use any USB or BT Pad, without rooting your phone. I asked to author if he could support phone resolution, because actually it's limited to 1024x600 or more, but while SGII and many other will update to ICS, i think this software will be very interresting.

Hmm.. nice now I wonder how the USB/BT Joystick Center will work with Phonejoy.. Is their a demo they have of it?

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:15 pm

schtruck wrote:i talked with LDchen about this problem, and it's possible that Chronos Cross still need something that has been removed (busy bit Fix), because he thought it wasn't more necessary with last changes on core. He's investigating actually.

will any of the new improvements help with the breath of fire 3 bug where using healing items and spells in software mode cause background to go completely black making the game unplayable due to not being able to see where you are going.

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:47 am

Schrtuck, It appears he listened to you he just released a version that supports lower resolution screens now.

ZhuraYuki
Primary Device: Galaxy SII i9100
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Exynos

Postby ZhuraYuki » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:20 pm

I have a problem with sound. I have it only when I have internet connection on my phone.If not it writes "license check fail" but I definitely bought it from market. How to solve this Schrtuck?

gamerr
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: gg

Postby gamerr » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:52 am

when the fix from limiter? When will correct display of text in opengl (vagrant story). when mali400 can be immediately run opengl? when final fantasy 7 fix? I hope to fix these problems. me these pads do not need. better to the real problems involved.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:12 am

gamerr wrote:when the fix from limiter? When will correct display of text in opengl (vagrant story). when mali400 can be immediately run opengl? when final fantasy 7 fix? I hope to fix these problems. me these pads do not need. better to the real problems involved.

Yay, he's back and demanding answers again...

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Sounds suspicious he is asking about the old skip fix when if he has the paid version from Amazon it would been updating and the old skip fix is already been added back in and I don't remember seeing anyone saying it's not working correctly. Now on frame limiter I think it should cap at 70-75 fps when it caps at 60 it kicks in too soon than you see massive slow down when it hits heavier performance areas and cause fps to drop down below 60 to like 50 fps. Schtruck, maybe allow the framelimiter to be a set variable so we can choose just like the old frameskip what we would like it to use from values like 60, 65, 70, 75, 80 or something similar and than we can just go set it to a variable that works best for the game we are using.

LaZZe
Fresh Fish

Postby LaZZe » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:52 pm

I was wondering is it possible to use config files so that some games use OpenGL plugin and others wont? Its annoying to disable the plugin and restart FPSE everytime I want to play a game that works better in software mode...

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:45 pm

another suggestion i would like to add is, would it be possible to be able to create different hardware key profiles. When I am using my game gripper i would like to assign the buttons for it and save as a profile, and then when i am playing using my ps3 controller i assign the buttons for that and save as a profile.

edit: if you can mimick the way Hardware key assignments are handled as in n64oid and snesoid would be great.

Return to “News”