Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:18 pm

fyatwyrio wrote:Hi,
I don't think I've seen anyone mention this problem so maybe it's just me.
When playing agame all of a sudden it will become choppy. The fps counter will still report a consistent 59/60 frame rate but the animations are noticeably choppy and I will also see tearing in the screen. Bringing up and closing the menu will smooth it out but only temporarily. I can even see as the menu is coming up and the game is still running it runs normally, until it pauses when the menu is fully up. This happens almost every time I play but how long it takes to happen is not consistent. Sometimes I can play for 15 minutes with no problem, other times it's immediate.

I'm mainly running in software mode with dual core boost, original size, draw fast, fps counter, and frame limiter. I've tried to narrow down if a particular setting or combination of settings is causing it but so far no luck.

I'm on a tegra 2 G2x.

Anyone else having this issue?

In software mode I have noticed a sort of screen distorion. Kind of like a screen tear. Almost like a ripple effect when the screen moves fast enough. Though I haven't seen any choppy animations.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:36 pm

norin wrote:That's not true. Try open Tekken 3 first, when game is running load exemple Vagrant Story then reset. Game load, work and look great of course without bios loaded. I also try this metod with Soul Reaver and work too.

Wow. Make this cat a beta tester...

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:43 pm

ok, i confirm that if you boot in HLE the game Tekken3, then go until Character select screen, then load bios and restart, it still works and you can save and load. and i confirm that next games still work in bios mode.

Now i have to find what OpenGL command is sent by Tekken3 that make Mali400 unlocking for the rest.

I'm implementing the new OpenGL video option that make FPse running all other games nearly perfectly like FFVII or MGS, or Pandemonium in example.

After i push the update.

norin
Primary Device: Padfone
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: stock + root

Postby norin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:55 pm

It's great news! I'm waiting for more info :D

ZhuraYuki
Primary Device: Galaxy SII i9100
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Exynos

Postby ZhuraYuki » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 pm

One thing still misiing, it's antialiasing! I read Mali400 can do 4x without performance drop.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Filtering works in Softmode, but enable fastdraw.

norin
Primary Device: Padfone
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: stock + root

Postby norin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:23 pm

ZhuraYuki wrote:One thing still misiing, it's antialiasing! I read Mali400 can do 4x without performance drop.

Antialiasing work great (even x16) if chainfire 3d is working (you must set fpse in per-app OpenGL settings) and if you run new OpenGL :D

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:29 pm

norin wrote:
ZhuraYuki wrote:One thing still misiing, it's antialiasing! I read Mali400 can do 4x without performance drop.

Antialiasing work great (even x16) if chainfire 3d is working (you must set fpse in per-app OpenGL settings) and if you run new OpenGL :D

Yeah AA is pretty cool, especially since it's almost all GPU dependent and on a lot of chips offers little to no performance hit. It would be nice to get AA directly in FPSE without need for Chainfire3d to enable it, but I think it's more important to stamp out bugs for now, new features can come a bit later.

ZhuraYuki
Primary Device: Galaxy SII i9100
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Exynos

Postby ZhuraYuki » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:22 pm

norin wrote:

Thanks, totaly forgot about Chaifire 3D

How to load bios after you started the game?

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 pm

FPse 0.11.10 available to the market:
- New Video option for OpenGL plugin to grow compatibility (FF series, MGS etc..)
- New Trick found by 'Norin'for devices with OpenGL plugin and MALI400 GPU (Galaxy SII and Note),
- OpenGL plugin Updated with sources.
- New bios option into Misc menu. (to switch to HLE mode, just press back from the bios loader)

TRICK for MALI400 GPU!
you have alway to start with Tekken3 in HLE mode and then reach the Characters selection menu
after you can apply bios and load any game then save or load to switch bios in MISC menu load a bios by choosing file
Switch to HLE by pressing Back to the Bios loader everytime,
restart to apply without quitting or you'll have to restart the procedure.

Plugin can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/libopenglplugin.so

Source can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/pe ... psesrc.zip

Return to “News”