Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

namesallgone
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Operating System: n/a
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby namesallgone » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:14 am

I would like to express both my confusion, and my pure joy with this emulator. First I was having troubles saving the bios, it kept force closing, and not saving my settings, then it suddenly decided it had toyed with my emotions enough, and saved itself. Moving on, screw pxs4droid, this is my new timewaster of choice. Sorry work, you come second to reliving my childhood. Thanks for all the hard work, and I look forward to playing DQ7

artlan
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ROM: Fresh Rom

Postby artlan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:20 am

Wordslinger wrote:I've searched my internal memory and SD card and can't find the memory card from Psx4droid or the files for FPSe (to add a new gamepad overlay). Where can I find these files? Do I need root?

Hey there :) Ya don't need root for the memory cards, but you do need a file explorer able to see hidden files (I use Estrongs). The psx4droid saves are in a folder called .psx4droid (the '.' at the start hides a folder) and is on your SDCard. As for the skins, the example one w/ brief explanation is found a few pages back (or mine above). You can put custom skins anywhere, just point FPSE at their .ini file from inside the emu.
But if your looking for where the main FPSE files are, you will need a explorer with root access. I use Root Explorer.) The files are in \data\data\com.emulator.fpse\ - someone earlier also posted about that and various tricks for moving the mem cards, bios, and pad settings into there :)

amitambika
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: 1.43

Postby amitambika » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:21 am

I would like to know if this is intended to work with Android 2.3.2.I have tried but the emulator doesnot select the ISO and just exits to the main home screen without any error messages.

Fuzzymonkeh
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung vibrant

Multi touch does not work properly, hindering game playabili

Postby Fuzzymonkeh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:49 am

Hello. First off, I must say thank you so much for the hard work you guys have been putting into this project for many years. You guys are great.

Alright, in terms of bugs, I have been reading that several other people are having this problem which hasn't been addressed yet. I have a Samsung Vibrant mobile device. I have been attempting to play several games with the app however multi touch does not work well. If you were pressing a directional button and any other button, the character or input will continue in that direction if you are still pressing any button after releasing the directional button. Sometimes while pressing a directional button and another button together then releasing both, the character or input will continue in that direction despite no button is been pressed. This results in many inflicted damages and worst horrible deaths of innocent lives. (i.e Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Einhaeder, Pocket Fighter etc)

Please address this issue because these tragic events forestall the enjoyment of many wandering protagonists.

Keep up the great work and I hope your work will reward you guys well, take care.

rufio
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2

Postby rufio » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:01 am

artlan wrote:Hey there :) Ya don't need root for the memory cards, but you do need a file explorer able to see hidden files (I use Estrongs). The psx4droid saves are in a folder called .psx4droid (the '.' at the start hides a folder) and is on your SDCard. As for the skins, the example one w/ brief explanation is found a few pages back (or mine above). You can put custom skins anywhere, just point FPSE at their .ini file from inside the emu.
But if your looking for where the main FPSE files are, you will need a explorer with root access. I use Root Explorer.) The files are in \data\data\com.emulator.fpse\ - someone earlier also posted about that and various tricks for moving the mem cards, bios, and pad settings into there :)

Phrozen also suggested to me to use Root Explorer, but rooting my phone is something I am definitely not familiar with and it seems as though there's a fair bit involved in the process. It's something I'm not willing to try atm, but the idea of being able to see/edit certain files is nice. I think my technical knowledge of android would result in disaster if I continued down this path though.

Side note, I used Estrongs (which was a nice little tool btw, thank you Artlan) and I was able to see the phone memory not just the SDcard. I attempted to move the BIOS file to the phone's memory instead of the SDcard to see if that had any impact on performance since the phone memory is faster, however the copy kept failing. I'm assuming I might need to root the phone in order to do that.

Side note to Schtruck, I noticed in your previous messages you said people weren't taking advantage of the SpuSync option. I definitely have been trying with it on and off and my sound is still grainy no matter which options I pair it with.

Edit: Now my game sound seems to have gone away altogether, hrmph. Back to working on it.
Double Edit: Restarted FPSE, sound working again, still rough.

camkool
Primary Device: HTC G2
Operating System: Windows Vista
ROM: Cyanogenmod

Postby camkool » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:46 am

my sound is non-existent. i can't get it to work. it worked with the first version but it had no volume control and was always blasting. now with since the updates i've had no sound at all. anyone got any ideas?

MrKaon
Primary Device: HTC One

Postby MrKaon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:50 am

Hi,
is it me or eject button doesn't load ROM :?:

artlan
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ROM: Fresh Rom

Postby artlan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 am

MrKaon wrote:Hi,

After you pick the new rom, you need to hit the power button and then 'reset'.
Its the equivalent of opening the PS1 lid and dropping a different disc in while a game is playing

MrKaon
Primary Device: HTC One

Postby MrKaon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:00 am

artlan wrote:
MrKaon wrote:Hi,

After you pick the new rom, you need to hit the power button and then 'reset'.
Its the equivalent of opening the PS1 lid and dropping a different disc in while a game is playing

Thanks

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:04 am

Wow schtruck, you're working better than any machine :D

I've got a problem with RealTime Saving. When i try to save, I'm getting a force close.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2kmztZpk (log from adb)

Return to “News”