Fpse for Android News

max3000

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby max3000 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:45 pm

gatwon wrote:@Ti3noU;

please i would like you to tell me the differences between android 2.2 and android 2.3, especially in relation to performance in devices! grateful

Easy: 2.3 adds better API for GPU acceleration and optimization. Cortex A8 based phones benefit from this greatly.
Most phones that shipped with 2.3 are hella fast (Nexus S).
Basically it's a more polished 2.2. The big update would be 2.3 which radically changes the entire GUI and will reportedly have great API.

gatwon
Primary Device: Milestone2/Xperia Play@1024GHz
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3.3

Postby gatwon » Mon May 16, 2011 4:43 pm

max3000 wrote:

please i would like you to tell me the differences between android 2.2 and android 2.3, especially in relation to performance in devices! grateful

Easy: 2.3 adds better API for GPU acceleration and optimization. Cortex A8 based phones benefit from this greatly.
Basically it's a more polished 2.2. The big update would be 2.3 which radically changes the entire GUI and will reportedly have great API.

wooowww, seriously! so when possible I will update my milestone 2 for the Android 2.3 does not know I had big performance difference so thank you friend later I'll update and then post the results here, thanks

max3000

Postby max3000 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:23 pm

gatwon wrote:
max3000 wrote:

wooowww, seriously! so when possible I will update my milestone 2 for the Android 2.3 does not know I had big performance difference so thank you friend later I'll update and then post the results here, thanks

Don't expect a HUGE difference in performance. Just slightly better. Visit the Milestone 2 section of XDA devs and maybe there'll be a way to get CM7 on your device.
Don't count on motorola for an update. It might not come and if it will - it might be buggy. I have an OC'd Milestone 1 to 1ghz running CM7.1 and IMO runs just as well as a stock 2.2 MS2.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon May 16, 2011 7:49 pm

the Next Version is nearly ready,

We tried to make it the Most compatible possible, until New DMA core is ready, but i can tell it will be very soon ready.

So about the next version, Resident Evil 1 is now well playable, it was unplayable since last updates, a bug in CDROM was causing a possible lock in somes games, so that will surely fix somes black screen problem here and there.

Very good news, FPse rendering is Fixed, no more Glitches in rendering like minor or Big part of the Screen dissapearing quickly,
The result is now very colored and Profesional Rendering! a Real pleasure!
You have Graphical Problem with Crash3 or Ace Combat 3? or Croc? now all those games have perfect rendering.

Somes Fix will be added too.

gatwon

Postby gatwon » Mon May 16, 2011 8:40 pm

@max300;

ok I'll see that yes, thank you for the tip, because here in Brazil really has not got any update to the Milestone 2 go to the Android 2.3, I get a generic, what rom do you recommend?

kSt
Primary Device: LG GT540

Postby kSt » Mon May 16, 2011 9:03 pm

schtruck wrote:Very good news, FPse rendering is Fixed, no more Glitches in rendering like minor or Big part of the Screen dissapearing quickly,
The result is now very colored and Profesional Rendering! a Real pleasure!
You have Graphical Problem with Crash3 or Ace Combat 3? or Croc? now all those games have perfect rendering.

That is just awesome!

shaolin95
Primary Device: HTC TILT 2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Energy

Postby shaolin95 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Awesome job.

Am I the only not able to run Wild Arms (wont pass the title screen) and having issues with PES and NHL 2001 where I can for example in PES play usually half a game before it crashes?
Thanks for the emu...love it :-)

gatwon

Postby gatwon » Mon May 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Great job schtruck, you are the man! :o

max3000

Postby max3000 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:49 pm

gatwon wrote:@max300;

ok I'll see that yes, thank you for the tip, because here in Brazil really has not got any update to the Milestone 2 go to the Android 2.3, I get a generic, what rom do you recommend?

I recommend CyanogenMod 7 if you can find it. It's basically the best ROM for every android phone IMO.
Problem is, the bootloader on the MS is locked meaning you'll probably still have the 2.2 kernel running underneath CM7. But it's still 2.3.

I'm still waiting for a dual core phone with a QWERTY. Either Droid 3 or HTC (if their cooking something).

gatwon

Postby gatwon » Mon May 16, 2011 10:26 pm

max3000 wrote:
gatwon wrote:@max300;

I recommend CyanogenMod 7 if you can find it. It's basically the best ROM for every android phone IMO.
Problem is, the bootloader on the MS is locked meaning you'll probably still have the 2.2 kernel running underneath CM7. But it's still 2.3.

I'm still waiting for a dual core phone with a QWERTY. Either Droid 3 or HTC (if their cooking something).

thanks max3000 I'll find this rom should be good eh! I'm also expecting the launch of the Droid 3 on July, so I go buy, this will be very good

Return to “News”