Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 am
I'm using a rooted droid and I just purchased Fpse.
So far it is working well with MGS, I turned on SPUsync and I was able to start a new game. I also turned off the overlay controls and am just using hardware controls to play in landscape mode. This greatly improved the performance.
However, I'm running into a problem when I try to use the save feature built into Fpse.
It saves okay and I can load back to the spot where I saved but I lose all sound.
Any help would be appreciated or is this a known issue?
Hey dgg04. I'm running into similar problems as well. I think the biggest issue right now is the touchscreen issues folks are having, but how many out there are also experiencing sound bugs? Either intermittent sound skips, choppy sound, no sound at all, or perfect sound/music?
If we can compile this information maybe we can find a pattern in it. I know for me, I'm using a Droid 2, and when I first start my games the music/sound is perfect, but after I save and/or close the application and reopen it, the sound is choppy, or skips.
I'm not sure if this helps, but Phrozen made a solid post earlier on. It didn't help me yet, but it may help others with their issues. Here is the post he made below:
phrozen087 wrote:LeSScro wrote:Please, if you find a working configuration, share with communauty...
Maybe i can edit a list and configuration for specific device on Website... like a table...
Here is a list of all my settings and it seems to work in every game I have tried. My phone is a Droid 2 (running Liberty v1.5 ROM at 1.1GHz). I have zero video and gameplay slow down and almost no audio slowdown in any game I have tried.
Droid 2 Settings
Should work for the Droid X/Milestone 2 as well
Fast Booting: Enable
HLE Mode: Disable
Boost Mode: Disable
SPU Sync: Enable (see note)
(This is the only setting, works in almost every game. In the one game Lunar 2: Eternal Blue disabling this setting makes the sound much better. Out of 20+ games this is the only game that I needed to change this setting to get better audio)
Frameskip: no frameskip
Screen Filtering: Disable
Screen Size: Fullscreen
Slide mode: disable
relative moves: disable
Enabled buttons: 0 and 1 (rest disabled)
Hardware Keys: whatever you need here
Multi Keys: doesn't seem to be working atm, so I have none
Force Feedback: low
Root Only Changes:
I am not sure if this really affects the way the gameplay works, but it seemed to improve my performance overall so I will put it here as well. If you are not comfortable with rooting/editing files then you shouldn't do this, but overall I feel it made some minor increase in performance.
For all of the following start by:
open "data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" with a program like root explorer
1) copy the schp1001.bin bios into the bios folder in here
2) Open the fpse.ini file now (you can edit by long pressing in root explorer and selecting edit text file) and change the line that says "BiosName=schp1001.bin_is_recommended" to "BiosName=schp1001.bin" (P.S. I wish schtruck would remove the _is_recommended as it wasn't in the initial release and you could avoid this second step.....)
3) Save the file
Embed mem cards
1) Convert your memorycards to the .mcd format and rename them "slot1.mcd" and "slot2.mcd"
2) Paste them in the memcards subfolder of the above directory
Cleaning up your configs
**it might be helpful if the emulator had a built in option to clear the cfgs as once you make a lot of changes they don't get carried over if saved configs already exist**
1) Open 1 ISO and enable all of the above settings. Copy everything, set everything, basically make sure everything is perfect for the 1 game and the save the default settings.
2) Now make sure to embed the bios in data if you haven't already.
3) Now delete the "cfgs" folder
4) Every game should now load up and run perfectly on the Droid 2!
You may see some other settings in the .ini like enabling armv7, etc... I have tried messing with most of the settings in here that you can't change from within the emulator and the performance doesn't really seem to increase or decrease with any changes. I am just making this note to save others time if they think this might do something.