Page 154 of 712

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:47 pm
by House3272
I NEED HELP

Okay, I might sound like a total noob for this but at this point I cant care.

Where is the folder located, that stores all the save states? Or what is it called?

Its been driving me crazy. I use android 2.2 with astro and have found it before.....now I cant for the life of me find it!

Thanks in advanced.

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:13 am
by dannejanne
Well now I am a happy FF player.

I rooted my HTC Z tonight and overclocked it from 800mhz to 1500mhz and now FF games runs much better. FF7 still has some minor slowdowns prior and after a battle but Much less than before and I have no temp slowdowns at all in the battles anumore. The constant slowdown that were in battles/menus in FF9 are totally gone now and it runs at 60 fps constantly. I can feel in every game that they run much faster and smoother now. Huge increase in smoothness! I don't even have to use frameskip for most games anymore.

Rooting and overclocking made my life much better! ;)

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:56 am
by leon1z
just keep doing it and in the near future , you gona use your phone as a paperweight , not a phone anymore 8-)

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:57 am
by leon1z
House3272 wrote:I NEED HELP

Okay, I might sound like a total noob for this but at this point I cant care.

Where is the folder located, that stores all the save states? Or what is it called?

Its been driving me crazy. I use android 2.2 with astro and have found it before.....now I cant for the life of me find it!

Thanks in advanced.


you have to root your phone to locate it

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:01 am
by House3272
leon1z wrote:
House3272 wrote:I NEED HELP

Okay, I might sound like a total noob for this but at this point I cant care.

Where is the folder located, that stores all the save states? Or what is it called?

Its been driving me crazy. I use android 2.2 with astro and have found it before.....now I cant for the life of me find it!

Thanks in advanced.


you have to root your phone to locate it



Okay well I think It was when my phone (vibrant) still had 2.1 eclair.....idk i really dont remember.
But I did see that folder and I wasn't rooted. It had a bunch of images and other files.

So would having 2.1 or an earlier version of FPSE affect this? I mean I will root, but Im just confused as to how I've seen it before?

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:08 am
by dannejanne
leon1z wrote:just keep doing it and in the near future , you gona use your phone as a paperweight , not a phone anymore 8-)


Time will tell! I put at least a little bit of trust in my setcpu profiles.

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:21 am
by mship
Love the emulator. Been playing Breath of Fire 3 and for the most part it plays great on my HTC Evo. There are only a few issues with the graphics in the game which cause everything to turn black, even in the battle screen. The only way to fix it that I have been able to find is to load a earlier save. There is also some empty spots in the world screen at some places.

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:33 am
by waltercln
AdamJT186 wrote:
EliteNemesis14 wrote:
Whats the best gamepad for a galaxy s? Wish we could use the gamegripper, ive had a look at the bgp 100 (think thats what its called) but it would be awesome if there was one you could use while in landscape, is there any in the works? Thanks
The ONLY BT pad that works for Galaxy S phones is the Zeemote.....which sucks real bad. Got mine and within 10 min, the joystick was sticking to one direction....

edit: there is also the iControlpad.(<-Google it) Its supposed to work will all BT protocols, but i don't have one or know anyone that has it to confirm. Its also outrageously over-priced.



what do mean by 'BT'? is the msi bpg 100 not bt? :S sorry im really confused i know this device (bgp 100) works with the galaxy s but it dosent clip on to it so its probably awkward to use

also on the fpse settings, under input and 'bluetooth pad port' there are only two options, the bgp 100 and zeemote, does this mean the icontrolpad wont connect with fpse? cause i probably would buy this as its perfect

thanks



just get yourself one of these for 20 bucks, i have the same one but just with playstation buttons attached to it. works EXTREMELY WELL, and feels great in the hand. small and light weight, plus portable.

http://img685.imageshack.us/i/chestblue ... oardg.jpg/

and in fpse you can map the buttons (i have tested and it does work)

heres a better idea i found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyadQYVdh9Q

just be creative and set it up how you want, you wont be disappointed.

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:59 am
by EliteNemesis14
AdamJT186 wrote:
EliteNemesis14 wrote:
Whats the best gamepad for a galaxy s? Wish we could use the gamegripper, ive had a look at the bgp 100 (think thats what its called) but it would be awesome if there was one you could use while in landscape, is there any in the works? Thanks
The ONLY BT pad that works for Galaxy S phones is the Zeemote.....which sucks real bad. Got mine and within 10 min, the joystick was sticking to one direction....

edit: there is also the iControlpad.(<-Google it) Its supposed to work will all BT protocols, but i don't have one or know anyone that has it to confirm. Its also outrageously over-priced.



what do mean by 'BT'? is the msi bpg 100 not bt? :S sorry im really confused i know this device (bgp 100) works with the galaxy s but it dosent clip on to it so its probably awkward to use

also on the fpse settings, under input and 'bluetooth pad port' there are only two options, the bgp 100 and zeemote, does this mean the icontrolpad wont connect with fpse? cause i probably would buy this as its perfect

thanks

BT=Bluetooth. The MSI BPG 100 is bluetooth, but it doesn't not connect to galaxy s phones(and its impossible to find anymore). The galaxy s phones are the only phones that have bluetooth stack 3.0 instead of 2.1. Thats why wiimotes wont connect to them. As long as the iControlpad connects to the galaxy s phone (im waiting to find someone who has one so its confirmed before i buy it), it should work in Fpse. While Fpse doesn't directly support it yet, u SHOULD be able to map the buttons under "Hardware Keys" in the Fpse settings. I actually have my Zeemote mapped under hardware keys, so as long as it connects i don't see a problem. As for the Guy above my post ^^^^, he doesnt have a galaxy s phone, so do some research before u try that. I doubt it will work though cuz there are only like 1 or 2 bluetooth keyboards that have been confirmed to connect with galaxy s phones. And im not trying to be a dick to the above post, just pointing out that he may not realize exactly what we are talking about.

Edit: just watched the video and it was indeed working on a galaxy s.(Apologies to waltercln :D ) Is this thing new? I've been researching and looking for sooooo long for something that works with my captivate. If its only 20 bucks, ill buy one right now and test it myself. Better than buying the iControlpad for 75+ shipping to only find out it doesn't work

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:57 am
by waltercln
EliteNemesis14 wrote:BT=Bluetooth. The MSI BPG 100 is bluetooth, but it doesn't not connect to galaxy s phones(and its impossible to find anymore). The galaxy s phones are the only phones that have bluetooth stack 3.0 instead of 2.1. Thats why wiimotes wont connect to them. As long as the iControlpad connects to the galaxy s phone (im waiting to find someone who has one so its confirmed before i buy it), it should work in Fpse. While Fpse doesn't directly support it yet, u SHOULD be able to map the buttons under "Hardware Keys" in the Fpse settings. I actually have my Zeemote mapped under hardware keys, so as long as it connects i don't see a problem. As for the Guy above my post ^^^^, he doesnt have a galaxy s phone, so do some research before u try that. I doubt it will work though cuz there are only like 1 or 2 bluetooth keyboards that have been confirmed to connect with galaxy s phones. And im not trying to be a dick to the above post, just pointing out that he may not realize exactly what we are talking about.

Edit: just watched the video and it was indeed working on a galaxy s. Is this thing new? I've been researching and looking for sooooo long for something that works with my captivate. If its only 20 bucks, ill buy one right now and test it myself. Better than buying the iControlpad for 75+ shipping to only find out it doesn't work


while i was reading your post i was like huh cause he's clearly on a galaxy s phone lol. Thing is you need an app for that (pun intended) to make the keyboard work. I don't believe these keyboards are new, i did a ton of research on them and they been around for a couple years. Here is where you can get the app.

http://teksoftco.com/index.php?section= ... b=download

when you download the apk and install it, from there you should be able to pair the keyboard to your device, watch this video of someone using the app and pairing the device. Mind you i haven't tested this since i don't own the phone, but clearly it should work. however you're doing so on your own risk, but i can't see why it wouldn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wc-3MmUWQQ

good thing is my phone is hid supported, so i can easily pair the keyboard without the app. you can buy the keyboard here (exactly the same seller i purchased from and shipping was fast. 2 days.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 001wt_1139


and yea the icontrolpad is convenient and all, but i got a perfectly good game pad for 17 bucks. 80+ is way too much, it might look better than my keyboard but i don't care about looks, i care about the price.

you can use the d-pad from an old playstation controller like i did and it feels great, either way you can get really creative here and figure out what bests for you. hope that helped, have fun.