Fpse for Android News

edress714
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM10

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby edress714 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:56 pm

I could not find the answer to this since I am a bit late. I have a S3 with FPSE and trying to get Tomb Raider to work. I downloaded and unzipped the file and now have like 50+ .bin files and one cue file. Am I supposed to combine all those bin files into one? Please help!

RueGorE
Primary Device: Sprint Galaxy S Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: CyanogenMod 10 [Latest Nightly]

Postby RueGorE » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:03 pm

edress714 wrote:I could not find the answer to this since I am a bit late. I have a S3 with FPSE and trying to get Tomb Raider to work. I downloaded and unzipped the file and now have like 50+ .bin files and one cue file. Am I supposed to combine all those bin files into one? Please help!

I'm pretty sure the moderator(s) aren't going to give you any kind of support with your pirated game. It's probably best to go ask Google.
Last edited by RueGorE on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:04 pm

I think the emulator is supposed to be used with legal backups. So you will need to purchase tomb raider and make an iso from the disk;p

edress714
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: CM10

Postby edress714 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:10 pm

I didnt think downloading the rom from (removed) was pirated. i purchased FPSE. Guess I gotta go get me a Tomb Raider disc! thanks!

(Edited)

Panthers1506
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
Operating System: ICS
ROM: Stock

Postby Panthers1506 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:00 am

I'm new to this forum, so this may have already been answered, but why is there not a Skipfix option for Open GL ?

I opted to use Software Mode because it was more stable, however I ran into a few problems here too.
I was having lots of lag issues with FF7, especially entering battle scenes. However, after playing around with the settings, I enabled Framelimiter and Skipfix together, and all the issues were eliminated. I actually see the battle scene spiral animation now.

So, I'm kind of curious to see if this option would fix the Open GL issues.

Kayann
Primary Device: Huawei Mediapad/Springboard
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock Firmware/ROM

Postby Kayann » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:57 am

Re. 11.45

Just a short note to confirm that the screen filtering option is now working correctly. Thank you for correcting this bug.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am

@panthers
It is my understanding that skipfix was made as a game specific fix for final fantasy IX for software mode. Ff9 doesn't show battle menus if frameskip is on. skipfix fixes that. I don't know if ff7 or ff8 have that issue also.

I'm not aware of any issues with the battle swirl on ff7 software mode. I'm glad you got it to work, thanks fire the heads up.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote: some of my games require frameskip to be full speed. On a stock kernel, on the HTC One-X, a game like Tekken 3 will be around 32 fps in openGL without frameskip

On the dual core HTC Sensation Tekken 3 is around 34 fps in openGL with no frameskip

i900frenchaddict wrote:I use it in openGL, 100% fine and fast (way to fast without framelimiter)

wait, what?
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:13 am

gamerguy80 wrote:I am trying trying to play alundra and the new. Opengl es2 blitting slows it down so I went to go and use old software and in the old software it looks as if screen filtering is always on ticking or nitpicking doesn't work so everything always looks smoothed out which is not what I want...

1) from system menu, choose 'force mono core'
or
2) from video menu turn off 'hardware acceleration'

Carter07 wrote:Going from 11.41 to 11.45 I noticed tekken3 lost 5fps with the same settings in new sw mode, i enabled "boost high res games", disabled "screen filtering" and restarted but fps went from 42-47 to 37-42 so not much playable.

In 11.39 tekken 3 with frameskip + framelimiter dropped too much frames, from 11.40 frameskip doesn't work anymore, fps with it enabled or disabled are the same (max +2 fps).

Ps: force landscape doesn't stick neither in the last version 11.45.

for me, in blitter mode, no system boost, without high res game boost, tekken 3 runs at 38-43 fps, ~41. with high res boost it runs 51-60 ~55. screen filtering makes no difference on fps.
old software mode, no system boost, force monocore on, no high res game boost, 32-38. with high res boost, 40-48. filtering gives me 50% less fps.

frameskip never worked in any mode.

force landscape does stick .... but some things cause it to get unset. when I changed high res boost it got unstuck. if I switch to another app and come back to fpse, fpse often restarts. when it does, force landscape gets turned off. however, if I close fpse normally and don't change any options it will stay on.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

linkbew
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S 3

Postby linkbew » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Last night I updated to the latest version. Ever since I've been having license check issues. Last night I uninstalled and reinstalled (lost all my setting in the process) and got it to work. This morning I'm once again getting the license check failed message. I uninstalled and reinstalled from the Play Store (which means I have internet access), and it still fails. I've done everything your Help section tells me to do, but it still fails.

I haven't had any license issue with any other version. I've been playing every day for over a month. I updated last night, and now I can't play.

Return to “News”