Fpse for Android News

gamerr
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: gg

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby gamerr » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:47 am

When enabled performance improvement between the two nuclear protsesserov and smoothing everything goes in spurts. Although the FPS shows 60. What is a bug.

Drummansam
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire S [SAGA]
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Stock Sense 3.0

Compatibility for KURUSHI

Postby Drummansam » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:50 am

Hi. I'm loving the app! I would just like to throw in a request for compatibility for the game "KURUSHI".
It's a 3rd person block puzzle game where you control a man and eliminate blocks.

It would be seriously awesome if I could play this on my Android device! :D
Just thought I'd mention it as no one else seems to have done so already.

Thanks.

momo
Primary Device: Galaxy Ace
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Froyo

Postby momo » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:54 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:About dual core boost:

On Tekken 3, no frameskip, screen filtering+fast draw ON (nice filtering by the way, less blurry than before I think)

=>No dual core boost= 38fps (well, at only 1.5ghz, without forcing my second core online, let's say "daily" settings, not performance settings)

=>With dual core boost (no "thread priority"), fps range between 77 and 90 :shock:
Synchronous dual core CPUs are better for single thread apps than asynchronous, but seem not to take much profit from dual boost option

First of all, i've got a galaxy tab 7 plus, my first android tablet.. :D
and regarding fpse on gt7+ same as i900frenchaddict,
on Star Wars ep 1 - Jedi Power Battle, no frameskip, screen filtering+fast draw ON (the screen looks very blury on filtering and very pixelated on normal, tablet with 7" above desperately need opengl in my opinion)

=>No dual core boost= 38fps
=>With dual core boost (no "thread priority"), fps range between 68 and 123 with 100 as average :shock:

in addition the control runs smooth on dual core boost, no lag or skip whatsoever...

dannejanne
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY
ROM: Stock

Postby dannejanne » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:30 am

schtruck wrote:
dannejanne wrote:The last update has slowed down emulation on Xperia Play. The slowdowns in FF7 are back for example.

By the way, on which version did Valkyrie Profile start to work properly?

edit: nevermind found it it was 0.10.55 and I had a backup of 0.10.57. Good for me!

I don't understand why somes people says it's slower, while for me and many it's faster, your FF7 is NTSC or PAL?

I have the NTSC version. Like I said the slowdowns in the music before/after battle and when entering/exiting towns and such are back with 0.11 for me. Reverted back to 0.10.57 and it goes faster again.

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:30 pm

yes, frame limiter is a cpu hog, why ?

never seen anything like it before where turning on a frame limiter cuts your max frames per second almost in half or more!

not just down to 60 frames per second, but from 100-150 fps down to 45-55 fps

this is 1 thing that has not changed through any of the versions, this is not the first time it's been brought up and no answer has been given.

also I'd like to request a custom frame limiter where I can set the max frames per second because grandia seems to run everything best when running at about 62 frames per second

thanks in advance for your reply,
Jay

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Ok all seems to be related to Framelimiter because i worked on it today, and succeed to get thing very smooth... so except a Fix for that.

I'm still afraid of the problem with savestate. was too hurry to release it, and now i don't know how to make it compatible because new savestate need somes data that old Fpse core wasn't reproduced... just hope we'll find a solution.

perhaps if someone has made a backup of FPse 0.10.63 can you contact me please by email.

drummers
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus eee pad Transformer
Operating System: Android 3.2

Postby drummers » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi Struck

I have just emailed a backup of 10.63 to your gmail email address.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:19 pm

schtruck wrote:Ok all seems to be related to Framelimiter because i worked on it today, and succeed to get thing very smooth... so except a Fix for that.

I'm still afraid of the problem with savestate. was too hurry to release it, and now i don't know how to make it compatible because new savestate need somes data that old Fpse core wasn't reproduced... just hope we'll find a solution.

perhaps if someone has made a backup of FPse 0.10.63 can you contact me please by email.

Personally, I always regard savestates as suspect, never assume they'll work between versions, but I applaud your attempt. What data is missing from the old states? Would it be possible to have fpse look for that data in the state before loading, and insert default dummy values if it's not found?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Finally you FPse users are far to be stupid! you were right! Framelimiter was bugged, new Framelimiter make FPse running very smoothly,

And with the new DMA code , the result is magical. believe me. Smooth as real PS1 will be the words in all mouths.

RE2 rework now, and we are working on a method to support Old savestate. we cross fingers.

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Postby hiei » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Can someone pm a link to a version or 2 back? Id like to use my savestates so I can save to memory cards. Thanks.

-hiei

Return to “News”