Fpse for Android News

kidio007
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime 32GB
Operating System: ICS 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby kidio007 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Guys! On Grandia the audio loops all the time and the characters repeat everything they say like 10 times making it super annoying. I was wondering if there is a fix for this yet? I read on some other PS1 emulators that they're talking about choosing other audio or video plugins. Would be awesome if someone knew how to fix this! :D Grandia is like my favourite game, and sucks to have to mute the audio.

haints
Primary Device: Galaxy S T959
Operating System: Android OS 2.2
ROM: Bi-Winning V3

Postby haints » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 pm

I can't use any external pads with the latest build. They just don't show up.

Two questions:

Is there a way to edit the default pad? I would like to make it more transparent.

And is there a way to revert back to an older build? There are too many issues with the latest one for me. I'd rather give up Opengl for now and have the ability to swap pads, move them around, etc.

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:28 pm

kidio007 wrote:Hi Guys! On Grandia the audio loops all the time and the characters repeat everything they say like 10 times making it super annoying. I was wondering if there is a fix for this yet? I read on some other PS1 emulators that they're talking about choosing other audio or video plugins. Would be awesome if someone knew how to fix this! :D Grandia is like my favourite game, and sucks to have to mute the audio.

yes, you're in luck! spu sync must be selected in the sound options menu. FPSE must be reset, and it will not work with a save state that is in the middle of a talking scene.

Correct?

BTW, my own bug report: xenogears is basically totally broken now, title screen and options menus are all messed up, if you start a new game and wait past the video and story text (can be sped up/passed by pressing the buttons) fps drops to TWO FPS with a black screen!! Though the game is still playing and about 15 minutes later it will continue after it gets past that scene, but when it does and the game is running it is extremely slow and runs at about half speed. this is with OGL. This game use to run perfect...

Thanks,
Jay

kidio007
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime 32GB
Operating System: ICS 4.0.3

Postby kidio007 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:43 pm

GITech wrote:
kidio007 wrote:Hi Guys! On Grandia the audio loops all the time and the characters repeat everything they say like 10 times making it super annoying. I was wondering if there is a fix for this yet? I read on some other PS1 emulators that they're talking about choosing other audio or video plugins. Would be awesome if someone knew how to fix this! :D Grandia is like my favourite game, and sucks to have to mute the audio.

yes, you're in luck! spu sync must be selected in the sound options menu. FPSE must be reset, and it will not work with a save state that is in the middle of a talking scene.

Correct?
Jay

Wow thank you so much! :D I kept changing all kind of settings and used the save state every time, and of course that didn't work lol.

grukko
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Operating System: ICS
ROM: CM9

Postby grukko » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 am

Just purchased fpse for android from the market and noticed it's version 0.11.1. Where are you guys downloading the later versions like 0.11.11 from?

Is the version number shown on the white screen just labeled wrong?

Thanks!

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:52 am

WOOT! Damn my EVO 3D is working great with the OpenGL Plugin now.. After I ran the System Tuner I discovered that HTC has really been screwing us over the Core 2 is offline most of the time! So their is a tweak on XDA Developers forum that takes the place of other overclocking and cpu tweak tools so make sure to disable them using this tweak. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=4465

I am now running Chrono Cross in the pirate ship at 51 fps! Yes that is a damn huge improvement! And that is with sound and spu sync enabled and all the video settings enabled.. BTW is their a guide that explains all the various video settings I have no idea what I am enabling! Now if you could only get save states working with OpenGL.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:33 am

I simply cannot play with the GPU plugin on my Milestone running CM6 (2.2).
Anyone has any idea how to fix that? Every time I load a game with the GPU plugin on it crashes immediately.
Schtruck? Any idea?

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:58 am

molitar wrote:WOOT! Damn my EVO 3D is working great with the OpenGL Plugin now.. After I ran the System Tuner I discovered that HTC has really been screwing us over the Core 2 is offline most of the time! So their is a tweak on XDA Developers forum that takes the place of other overclocking and cpu tweak tools so make sure to disable them using this tweak. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=4465

I am now running Chrono Cross in the pirate ship at 51 fps! Yes that is a damn huge improvement! And that is with sound and spu sync enabled and all the video settings enabled.. BTW is their a guide that explains all the various video settings I have no idea what I am enabling! Now if you could only get save states working with OpenGL.

Savestates do work in opengl mode.
Theres a trick.
In soft mode updated your memorycard saves to nearest savestate location.
Load opengl up and memorycard save. Make sure bios is set.
And then renew your savestates. But if u overight the savestate in soft mode. Then
Softmode savestate will be damaged.
Catch ya later..
Galaxy note 9 exynos

nightmonkey
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG Optimus Thrill
Operating System: Android

Hey guyz, I need help in here

Postby nightmonkey » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:41 am

new version of FPSE 0.11.11 works great for me in my LG Optimus Thrill

with OpenGL plugin

but there's little thing about 'Silent Hill' (man, this game always make some trouble)

the app page of FPSE says that we can enable 'Mask Bit' option

and I know that will be solution for weired white box problem

since it was the solution of PC version of emulator

but it makes no change for me

although I had checked it and restarted the emulator

I think maybe it's problem of plugin

but I'm not sure

so, does anyone know how to fix it?

please help me

I love this game too much and it's too hard for me to forget about it
Last edited by nightmonkey on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby Fuego » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 pm

GITech wrote:BTW, my own bug report: xenogears is basically totally broken now, title screen and options menus are all messed up, if you start a new game and wait past the video and story text (can be sped up/passed by pressing the buttons) fps drops to TWO FPS with a black screen!! Though the game is still playing and about 15 minutes later it will continue after it gets past that scene, but when it does and the game is running it is extremely slow and runs at about half speed. this is with OGL. This game use to run perfect...

Thanks,
Jay

Does xenogears still run well in soft mode? What settings did you use for xenogears before OGL came out? I have been trying xenogears on my play, and the video is pretty good (not perfect, but really close), but the sound is off.

Return to “News”