Operating System: Android
ROM: CM11

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby IDSG » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:12 pm

schtruck wrote:@IDSG

i have compiled a new version for MALI400, let me know if it works now:

download this file http://www.fpse.net/fpseplugins.zip

move it to /sdcard

start FPse then reset settings from misc menu and restart FPse.

It will handle plugins from this file instead of downloading it,

now let me know if that works (in normal opengl plugins mode).

Do not forget to remove the zip file or for next update you won't have new plugins

The file it's in /sdcard (when fpse started didn't download plugins and shows directly language conf so it's in the right place)

Selected OpenGL plugin and tried to change video settings and still FC =(

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:16 pm

you well select reset settings from misc/system menu of fpse?

IDSG
Primary Device: Ainol Aurora II

Postby IDSG » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:26 pm

schtruck wrote:you well select reset settings from misc/system menu of fpse?

Yes, when i did it was like install FPSE for the 1st time minus the plugins download (so it's using the file instead the internet one)

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Widescreen mode is a hack. There will be "problems" like the ones s1dewayz and helloworld. Mixed 2D/3D games like FF# and Chrono Cross will have these types of errors on 2D screens as seen in the screenshot s1dewayz posted of FF7 above. Schtruck is working on "special buttons" for Video Options including the new WS mode. At that time you will be able to map a "Widescreen" button to the Overlay Gamepad or bind it to an external controller button! You can use this as a workaround for the disparity in rendering between 2D and 3D screens in game.

The stretching of 2D sprites and textures such as the HUD in 3D games with 2D sprites like Grandia are normal/optimized. I have tried many different "widescreen modes" in many emus for many consoles, and believe me, along with GC games on Dolphin, the "GTE widescreen hack" for the PS1 is the best/most operationally universal I've seen. I think it's perfect, as I see no way to do it better.

Also, when using WS mode in fighting games and scrolling shooters and other games where you can reach the edges of the screen, you will notice the hard "edge" of the screen remains even though you can see more geometry on the sides. This is normal. Think of it as just a "bonus" that you can see "more" on the sides and keep that in mind while playing.

Off topic, but I'd like you Schtruck to read this:
Since I have been a Beta tester, "playing" Fpse hasn't really been an option. So, I have looked into Saturn emulation and found (again) that Yabause is most likely the best emu for Saturn. It has an OGL HD mode that works FLAWLESSLY and FAST in the games I have tried in the last two days. Little/no bugs that I have seen, no screen taring with vsync forced, no sound popping!!! The only thing it needs IMO is Texture Filtering.
.....AFTER work on Fpse has gotten to a certain point, would you like to work on Saturn emulation?? (I think the Saturn emu for Android is using the Software mode of Yabause, and THAT is why it runs SLOW. SW mode in Yabause will even slowdown my 4.5ghz i5 4670k with a GTX 760 @1265mhz!) Check it out, Shining the Holy Ark: (note: disable NBG3 layer, press #5 for shortcut. Use 1600x1200 resolution to fix lines in fullscreen.)
Here is a SS taken at 1920x1080 and cropped to show detail without having a HUGE picture. But, 1920x1080 will give these lines in full screen!
(Panzar Dragoon Saga works perfect so far as well)! Schtruck, you are the best emu developer! I hope to work with you on many future projects, if you're up for it! :)

GITech

Postby GITech » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:41 pm

IDSG wrote:

Yes, when i did it was like install FPSE for the 1st time minus the plugins download (so it's using the file instead the internet one)

Same as when I tried to regress the Plugins. I was never able to.

Schtruck, how about an option to force Load Plugins from Directory/?

NCxJorfapigo
Primary Device: Xperia Play R800i
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: Aurora Play 2.0

Postby NCxJorfapigo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:40 pm

All right, I'm here to report some further testing I made... BTW, you SHOULD clarify EXPLICITLY that you NEED TO TURN ON THE REMOTE CONTROLLER OPTION ¡¡¡¡BEFORE!!!!! YOU SELECT ANYGAME! Otherwise, FPSe crashes and freezes your devices. It could mislead the buyers into thinking that your app doesn't work (It took me a while to figure this out... i was going to heavily complain about this, actually XD)

Server: Asus Transformer TF300t Rooted, OC 1.7GHz, Playing Castlevania SOTN, Video mode: Software smoother image, Frame limiter, screenfiltering on. And Crash Team Racing, in Normal OGL.

Client 1: Xperia Play R800i Rooted, OC 1.5GHz.

At first, the server wouldn't respond to the physical keys on the Xperia Play, only the directional pad. I had to re-map the buttons in the Xperia Play options(the client) for them to work properly, but there's a problem with this, because Circle is recognized as BACK in this device, I can't map Circle to its physical button. When you try to map BACK in other emulators, they ask if you want to: 1) map BACK as a button or 2)actually go back... so I don't have this problem. Could you please make it possible to Map BACK as a button???
Like I mentioned earlier, there's the expected lag with this option, but using WiFi can lead to some faulty responses, such as: the button will stay pressed after it's released or it won't respond at the first attempt. If you could make this possible over bluetooth, rather than WiFi, we all get the perfect remote controller EVER! BTW, before I reinstalled FPSe, I noticed that it asked permission to turn bluetooth on... is this related to the remote controller?

I posted a video a while ago to show you an issue using OGL in the XPlay (runs to fast in some games and framelimiter value can't be set)... this issue continues in this new release. Can anybody else confirm this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWZxOes ... vKBXXhA36A

Personally, I don't like OGL for 2D games like SOTN, but I tried to replicate the AM, TF, Dithering problem that GITech mentioned and this is what I got:

This is the game, no other option selected.. Notice the black border around the character and the health meter, the candles look normal, but they are semitransparent.
Screenshot_2014-07-28-15-53-30.png
This is the game, no other option selected.. Notice the black border around the character and the health meter, the candles look normal, but the are semitransparent.
Screenshot_2014-07-28-15-53-30.png (299.99 KiB) Viewed 13016 times

This is the game with AM, TF and Dithering on. IT completely eliminates the black border around Richter and Dracula, but messes the candles and scrambles the text.
Screenshot_2014-07-28-15-40-03.png
This is the game with AM, TF and Dithering on. IT completely eliminates the black border around Richter and Dracula, but messes the candles and scrambles the text.
Screenshot_2014-07-28-15-40-03.png (352.44 KiB) Viewed 13016 times

This is the game with AM, TF, Dithering AND Advanced Blending options. Notice how the black border is gone around Dracula and Richter (in-game its virtually invisible), the candles are still weird, but the text is back to normal.
Screenshot_2014-07-28-15-55-08.png
This is the game with AM, TF, Dithering AND Advanced Blending options. Notice how the black border is gone around Dracula and Richter (in-game its virtually invisible), the candles are still weird, but the text is back to normal.
Screenshot_2014-07-28-15-55-08.png (649.52 KiB) Viewed 13016 times

In conclussion:
1) Remote Controller must be turn on BEFORE you select any game and you MUST close and restart FPSe if you want to reactivate it BEFORE you change the game in the server device. Other wise, it FCs.
2) You MUST close and restart FPSe in the client device BEFORE you select any game to play in it. Otherwise, you get a black screen and FPSe crashes.
3) Lag occurs as expected, but sometimes you get faulty response. Bluetooth may be a solution to this.
4) Xperia Play devices need to map the physical buttons for them to work properly with the Remote controller function. But Circle cannot be mapped as it is recognized as BACK. Can be solved by simply making possible to map BACK. Touch screen buttons work fine.
5) Alpha multipass messes with some 2D objects, making them thinner or mirrored, and in my case, it mixed up some text. Advanced Blending seemed to solve this problem.
6) Alpha multipass + Texture Filtering + Dithering AND Advanced Blending = Black border virtually gone.

As always, hope you find this useful. Thanks

GITech

Postby GITech » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 pm

One note about your results: The black line around Richter and Dracula is still there. In Grandia it is more noticeable on the trees and such. Try it.

I will try Crash TR for you..

Maybe the Texture Filtering improperly blacking out the Alpha edges is a "bug" too??? Schtruck?

IDSG
Primary Device: Ainol Aurora II

Postby IDSG » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:02 am

GITech wrote:
IDSG wrote:

Same as when I tried to regress the Plugins. I was never able to.

Schtruck, how about an option to force Load Plugins from Directory/?

For me loads the plugin file instead of downloading, so it's working like Schtruck says, so it's a bug that remains unfixed

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 am

@IDGS, your device has MALI400 or MALI450?

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:21 am

Sorry, my question is now on your MALI400 device, and with the plugin you downloaded, does it let you configure Video without crashing?

Return to “News”