Fpse for Android News

GameBoiye
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Play - Verizon
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby GameBoiye » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:27 pm

schtruck wrote:Yes Xperia play has an Adreno 205, and result is incredible... games are rendered in high res, 854x480, and texture are filtered, so GFX are lot Sharper and look like true ANdroid games...

And this is why schtruck is so awesome, thanks for the hard work!

Quick question, is there any way to get official PS games downloaded from the PSN market to work? Currently they just give a memory error or boot to the first Playstation logo and then go into the song/memory card manager. I can extract the ISO from them and use the ISO or convert it back and it still works. Also any chance of getting multi-CD pbp files to work?

gatwon
Primary Device: Milestone2/Xperia Play@1024GHz
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3.3

Postby gatwon » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:02 pm

I bought the Xperia play, incredible smarthphone, the FPSE in Xperia play is perfect!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:56 pm

more infos about Mali400 problem, it seems that problem is just in one place, and this bug do not occur in all game, Tekken3 work perfect! it's incredible how Mali400 run on SII. T3 is so marvelous on it. i have to find really what cause this problem on most of all games with Mali400.

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:06 pm

schtruck wrote:more infos about Mali400 problem, it seems that problem is just in one place, and this bug do not occur in all game, Tekken3 work perfect! it's incredible how Mali400 run on SII. T3 is so marvelous on it. i have to find really what cause this problem on most of all games with Mali400.

Thank you for the update :). Nice! My guess is that ones you get it working correctly then the Mali chip is gonna kick some serious ass :lol:. It might not be that much of a difference in speed on the SII compared to, let's say, the Desire HD. Because the SII's CPU is SO powerful. About the problem... I remember reading somewhere about texture compression on the Mali. It only supports one type of compression me thinks. I'll update if I find the source. Just spitballing here, it might not have anything to do with it :).

EDIT: I found it - http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dui0363d/CJACEJEH.html. But I'm in doubt that this is the problem :P. I do know C++ programming but I'm still a newbie. Haven't tried out any visual programming yet.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

modrzew82
Primary Device: zte blade

Postby modrzew82 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:25 pm

HI guys,I tried heart of darkness on other zte blade and also freeze at gameplay.Can someone with arm 6 mobile try to run this game? maybe here is the problem that can be fixed I hope so.I tried another 2d game from end of 90s so similar to HoF -Abe Odyssey and it works great, so Heart of Darkness also should be.Can You help me?

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:37 pm

modrzew82 wrote:HI guys,I tried heart of darkness on other zte blade and also freeze at gameplay.Can someone with arm 6 mobile try to run this game? maybe here is the problem that can be fixed I hope so.I tried another 2d game from end of 90s so similar to HoF -Abe Odyssey and it works great, so Heart of Darkness also should be.Can You help me?

The game itself just might not work. No matter what the ROM, or settings you try. I don't think you're the only one having trouble with this game, I tried to see if I could get hold of a copy to test but couldn't.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Deleted post.
Last edited by crualfoxhound on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:39 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:I did notice on ****
There is a version there.
But I don't download games.
I own all my 67 games. From 10 years ago.
Catch ya later.

It may be legal to download a copy of the game IF you own a physical copy, however the laws vary depending on where you live, so you'd need to look that up. I cannot provide links to websites that would let you download it, as that would be against the board rules, however these websites are not terribly difficult to locate.

Honestly though, if you DO own a physical copy of the game, your best option is probably to make your own .img of the game. Look up a tutorial on how to *properly* image a PSX game using something like Alcohol 52% or Isobuster - there is actually quite a bit involved beyond just making a .iso, to properly image the game you need to include subchannel data and possibly include specific TOC data. If you've already done that and the img doesn't work, you might want to clean your disc before making another image, as it's possible that scratches are interfering with the image creation. There is also the possibility that your CD/DVD drive in your computer can't properly read the disc - a lot of older drives have trouble reading PSX discs and subchannel data, though most newer drives should read everything fine.

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm very interested how to SG Note works with new plugin, I mean performance not mali 400 problem, beacuse Shtruck probably solve it quickly .I hope that 1280 x 800 will be smooth, without frameskip...
I can't wait :P

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Got to see Tekken 3 running on Galaxy S2, it looks so much better. Very clear and crisp with OpenGl.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Return to “News”