Fpse for Android News

k4k7uz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SONY TABLET S
Operating System: ANDROID

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby k4k7uz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:38 am

why am i getting error from pressing to many fingers on my sony tablet S? like if im trying to do combo for Tekken 3. it goes error

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:44 pm

schtruck wrote:Somes good news,

New DMA code is done on X86 core and result is marvelous, many new games to add into compatibility list, and very interresting speedup.

In the List of news games, Wild Arms, Harry potter,Area51,Theme hospital and much more.

Today is the port to ARM, and firsts tests, stay tunned.

We have fixed the problem with tablets too. i've buyed an ACER ICONIA A500 to understand the problem, and finally it's Fixed.

I saw that ANdroid 3.2 has bring a ZOOM mode which make FPse running at huge speed. I'm now working on an optimisation for Dual core Processors...

Any word on when we're likely to see this roll out? Days? Weeks?

Cactusjack86
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Xoom
Operating System: Android

Postby Cactusjack86 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:58 pm

k4k7uz wrote:why am i getting error from pressing to many fingers on my sony tablet S? like if im trying to do combo for Tekken 3. it goes error

Same on my Xoom, pressing 3 or more buttons at the same time results in a "Force Close error". Quite annoying on some games.

k4k7uz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SONY TABLET S
Operating System: ANDROID

Postby k4k7uz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Cactusjack86 wrote:Same on my Xoom, pressing 3 or more buttons at the same time results in a "Force Close error". Quite annoying on some games.

soooo.. any update from the boss yet? :) :)

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:04 pm

schtruck wrote:Somes good news,

New DMA code is done on X86 core and result is marvelous, many new games to add into compatibility list, and very interresting speedup.

In the List of news games, Wild Arms, Harry potter,Area51,Theme hospital and much more.

Today is the port to ARM, and firsts tests, stay tunned.

We have fixed the problem with tablets too. i've buyed an ACER ICONIA A500 to understand the problem, and finally it's Fixed.

I saw that ANdroid 3.2 has bring a ZOOM mode which make FPse running at huge speed. I'm now working on an optimisation for Dual core Processors...

Awesome! Just awesome :). As an owner of a Galaxy S2, I'm looking forward to the dual core optimizations. Now I'm just hoping that the sound emulation could get some love also. The sound is half the game really. Stuttering sound in some games ruin the experience, especially in Final Fantasy IX's grand FMVs ;).
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Dual core optimizations, that's sounds great :)
Bug fixes, very good !
News about OGL ..... nothing, just like I thought. I really dont know why are you try to avoid that topic ....
Please Schtruck tell me that you'll finish bug fixing soon, and from december/january you start to work on OGL plugin ...
And keep in mind that Fpse/FseCE exist long time, but games still look's just the same...

I can't wait, so I made small comparison. Compression may change picture quality, but seems to be good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please dont tell me it's nothing, because difference is huge. I can only imagine how it is to play Tekken3, Medievil 1/2, Crash 1/2/3/Racing, Final Fantasy 7/8/9, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Metal Gear Solid, Bloody Roar, Soul Blade, Resident Evil 1/2/3, Parasite Eve 1/2, Colin 2, NFS 4/2000, Gran Turismo 1/2 and much more ..... with OpenGL graphic....
Maybe if people will see difference then they will more interested OGL.

I still wait for your reply Schtruck.

Kamikaze-X
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Kamikaze-X » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:06 am

I think its mainly because ogl is going to be quite big thing to do, and there are still a few things about core gameplay that need sorting, such as configurable keys for game pads using native drivers, and dual core optimisations.

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:44 pm

I'd love to see OGLes support too, but I also respect the fact, that it will obviously be very hard to do and will take quite some time. If schtruck would just tell us what he thinks how long it likely will take, 1 month, half a year, then I think people would stop asking and wait patiently.

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Yes Gregory85, OpenGL will make games look alot better. Just look how sharp games on N64oid are. But you know what, I still prefer a "perfect" sound emulation before OpenGL support :). But sadly both of em are hard to get right/implement :(.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

zdubin
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt
ROM: Stock Rom

Postby zdubin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:27 pm

The Phonejoy analog is working, and the L1 and R1 buttons now work. Thank you for analog support for my beloved Phonejoy pad.

However, the Triangle, Circle, Square and X buttons are still not mapped correctly. They work, but are mapped to the incorrect buttons. I think they are 1 button off, counter-clockwise.

Return to “News”