Fpse for Android News

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby LouCipher » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:59 am

Agreed on the minor version numbers, would make it much easier when troubleshooting.

Also, doing a little more research into some of my slowdowns, it seems that the screen filtering does not play nice with the in-battle overlay menus in games like Final Fantasy IX and Chrono Cross. For example, in Chrono Cross, with filtering enabled, I get very slow speeds in-battle. However, while using an element (magic), you can hold "select" to hide the combat menus, at which point rendering speeds up significantly. Same in Final Fantasy IX.

After playing Chrono Cross, I am totally sold on this emu. The *other* psx emu doesn't get nearly as good framerates.

ms_green
Primary Device: HTC Legend
ROM: Stock Froyo 2.2 (with HTC Sense)

Postby ms_green » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:20 am

schruck - you are incredible....never seen a developer as dedicated as you....

I´d like to tell you a couple of bugs I´ve experienced:

Sometimes the emulator just crashes. No force close, it just randomly crashes and brings me back to my homescreen.
(this does not happen at certain parts in a game but just out of the blue.)

There is no menu when fighting in final fantasy 8.

And finally, most of the text in digimon world is missing.

Just wanna share what I´ve found to help you make your awesome emulator even better.

This piece of software is simply amazing....never thought that a ps1 emulator would be able to run so well on my low end phone.

Ps.: I am using a HTC Legend and stock froyo.

spl23
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
Operating System: Android

Postby spl23 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 am

FPse problem with the Multitouch version 0.10 upd5
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tieL2mNNXIo
Please, solve the problem HTC Desire HD
Last edited by spl23 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serph
Primary Device: Orange Boston
ROM: Firetrap JellyBean 2.2.1

Postby Serph » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 am

ms_green wrote:schruck - you are incredible....never seen a developer as dedicated as you....

I´d like to tell you a couple of bugs I´ve experienced:

Sometimes the emulator just crashes. No force close, it just randomly crashes and brings me back to my homescreen.
(this does not happen at certain parts in a game but just out of the blue.)

There is no menu when fighting in final fantasy 8.

And finally, most of the text in digimon world is missing.

Just wanna share what I´ve found to help you make your awesome emulator even better.

This piece of software is simply amazing....never thought that a ps1 emulator would be able to run so well on my low end phone.

Ps.: I am using a HTC Legend and stock froyo.

I have experienced the same issues as ms_green, even in the same games :lol:
Otherwise, I have no multitouch problems, so everything's OK, except the sound sometimes, but maybe is my game, I don't know.

zippo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: x10 mini pro
Operating System: Android 2.1

Postby zippo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks again for giving us android owners a piece of the pie also, one question,
Any chance of a supporting android 2.1 owners or lower in the near future, is this possible.?

Anxious to purchase this,
to see how me X10 mini pro would go seeing the HTC legend has the same cpu and runs smooth.

tetsuokenpachi
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby tetsuokenpachi » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 am

Hi. Been following the progress since post-release. It's great since there are not so many good games on android yet. Yet, i hope you can improve it. Can you fix the multi touch when using frame skip? Also, xenogears is playable when using frame skip and boost but the cgi cutscenes are randomly crashing. Can you fix that? S'il te plais et merci. :)

ms_green
Primary Device: HTC Legend
ROM: Stock Froyo 2.2 (with HTC Sense)

Postby ms_green » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:37 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
ms_green wrote:There is no menu when fighting in final fantasy 8.

As it has been written before: if you use frameskip, you loose the menus in FF battles, no solution so far

oh, ok, I haven´t read that.

WalidBang
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S i9000 samsung
ROM: Darky Rom 9.2

Postby WalidBang » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Hello,
i'm lovin this app, but i have found one bug. I am playin it with a bluetooth keyboard. When i set the hardware keys it works good for the first time, but after i close this app, and play it again later, only one key is actually working.
Then i have to reinstall oder delete data.
Hope you will fix it soon

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Postby phrozen087 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:59 pm

WalidBang wrote:Hello,
i'm lovin this app, but i have found one bug. I am playin it with a bluetooth keyboard. When i set the hardware keys it works good for the first time, but after i close this app, and play it again later, only one key is actually working.

I think I can help you on this one. This has to do with the way the settings are saved in FPSE. Think of it this way and you should be able to get stuff working:
1) You have a global setting. When a game is first launched (and only the very first time) it takes its settings from this global setting value.
2) After launch a game creates its own unique list of settings. It will use these in any subsequent launch.

So basically, lets say I have 2 games. I have loaded each one 1 time. Now I go and make changes to the first game (controls, video, audio, etc...). When I load game 2 these won't stick. This simple issue can actually cause a lot of settings to not stick well from what I have seen. I kinda found 2 solutions that seem to be a good workaround so if you can try them see if they fix your issue.

If you have root: This is much easier. Load a game, not setup everything exactly as you want, keys, video/audio, everything. Then go to the system tab and save the default settings. Now your standard settings are stored. Now open root explorer and navigate to "data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" and delete the "cfg" folder. Hopefully your problem should be gone now and your saved keys should persist.

If you DONT have root: You are probably gonna lose some data so I hope you are using external memory cards and not the default ones. In android go to Apps->FPSE and clear the data for the app. Now repeat the above and setup everything exactly as you want, keys, video/audio, everything. Then go to the system tab and save the default settings. Now your standard settings are stored. Make sure you get everything exactly as you want it by only opening one game and save the default settings when you are done.

It would be nice to have an option to easily purge the cfg folder in the future, as it could help. If you accidentally make one wrong setting and load a bunch of games you either have to clear everything, be rooted and delete cfg of manually load and fix every game.

Hope this helps

WalidBang
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S i9000 samsung
ROM: Darky Rom 9.2

Postby WalidBang » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:10 pm

phrozen087 wrote:
WalidBang wrote:Hello,

I think I can help you on this one. This has to do with the way the settings are saved in FPSE. Think of it this way and you should be able to get stuff working:
1) You have a global setting. When a game is first launched (and only the very first time) it takes its settings from this global setting value.
2) After launch a game creates its own unique list of settings. It will use these in any subsequent launch.

So basically, lets say I have 2 games. I have loaded each one 1 time. Now I go and make changes to the first game (controls, video, audio, etc...). When I load game 2 these won't stick. This simple issue can actually cause a lot of settings to not stick well from what I have seen. I kinda found 2 solutions that seem to be a good workaround so if you can try them see if they fix your issue.

If you have root: This is much easier. Load a game, not setup everything exactly as you want, keys, video/audio, everything. Then go to the system tab and save the default settings. Now your standard settings are stored. Now open root explorer and navigate to "data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" and delete the "cfg" folder. Hopefully your problem should be gone now and your saved keys should persist.

If you DONT have root: You are probably gonna lose some data so I hope you are using external memory cards and not the default ones. In android go to Apps->FPSE and clear the data for the app. Now repeat the above and setup everything exactly as you want, keys, video/audio, everything. Then go to the system tab and save the default settings. Now your standard settings are stored. Make sure you get everything exactly as you want it by only opening one game and save the default settings when you are done.

It would be nice to have an option to easily purge the cfg folder in the future, as it could help. If you accidentally make one wrong setting and load a bunch of games you either have to clear everything, be rooted and delete cfg of manually load and fix every game.

Hope this helps

Thanks i will try that and give you feedback after that

Return to “News”