Fpse for Android News

Kasser
Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 4.03

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Kasser » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:03 am

schtruck wrote:just updated FPse to 0.11.55 to force people to update their opengl plugin.

Now it's a call too all FPse users!! please if you updated FPse and you love what you have in hands, don't forget to let a positive comments, i hate what's happenning with somes people that only let comments and never contact me, their surely thing it's a way to contact author, but NO!! google does not let us to know who have let a comment? so people who complain, just complain and won't receive any answer by us, impossible. those people are just hurting and insulting us and the time we longtime pass to make FPse better and better. i just hope you'll take your time to update comments.

Please to all, update your comments regarding the last version.

I contacted you by email twice regarding Tekken 3 and no reply. I asked if i could download version .26 and no reply. You also make quite a few excuses which annoy people. For instance, when i talked about the crash at the end of the game in this very forum you accused me of having a 'kitchened rom and that your wifes version is perfect. Well that's great, but mine sucks and i wanted you to at least try to fix it. The fact that it did work, then broke again means it's related to what you've done, not my rom.

I won't be updating anything until the problems i have reported for months are fixed. None of the updates since .26 did anything positive for me, and if anything slowed some games down and the sound is awful now (loving the click sound especially!). I think you've done a brilliant job in bringing a PS1 to my phone, but i paid for this app and if things are not working i still expect some kind of help.

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread
ROM: stock

Postby Carter07 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:47 am

In 11.55 "boost high res games" doesn't stick in tekken 3, in 11.53 it worked well.
Last edited by Carter07 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:48 am

Kasser wrote:I contacted you by email twice regarding Tekken 3 and no reply. I asked if i could download version .26 and no reply. You also make quite a few excuses which annoy people. For instance, when i talked about the crash at the end of the game in this very forum you accused me of having a 'kitchened rom and that your wifes version is perfect. Well that's great, but mine sucks and i wanted you to at least try to fix it. The fact that it did work, then broke again means it's related to what you've done, not my rom.

I won't be updating anything until the problems i have reported for months are fixed. None of the updates since .26 did anything positive for me, and if anything slowed some games down and the sound is awful now (loving the click sound especially!). I think you've done a brilliant job in bringing a PS1 to my phone, but i paid for this app and if things are not working i still expect some kind of help.

Don't waste your time, I've wasted my fingertips asking how to make a downgrade and no one response. Every new update is worst than previous, slow and buggy, finally I've bought ##### and now I am headaches free. (Do not make publicity for other product, any respect is important in this forum, it's FPse forum only)

This emu is great, the support is good too, but honestly, I think the develop should be stopped with 0.10.xx, the most fastest and stable for most users, (0.11.32 is the last stable I've tried, since this version is a failure after failure)
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:51 am

tekken3 black screen at ended videos is a known problem we are working on it. the trick is to not w8 the end of video but pressing button before ending.

Now i just pushed FPse 0.11.56 with fix on sound engine when SPUSYNC is ON.

now it seems to work as well as before the bug that broken sound in many games like FFVI.

let me know.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 am

now if you want to downgrade because people say FPse is slower on new version, but it's simple because Many option are set to default for current machines, but i haven't forgot older machines, just unset SPUSYNC and set Old software mode and normally all will be as before if not better than older version.
But i'm very surprise coz on my Xperia play last version works far better than olders and better than 0.10.

if you need an older version , let me know which one i'll send you.

miky1989
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: CyanogenMod 10

Postby miky1989 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:46 am

schtruck don't forget my request for try to reuse my old ff8 savestat on new version. I writed email and posted saves on forum ^_*

New player
Primary Device: Galaxy Note

Postby New player » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Dislike Last Update .. no strikes or hear shots in some games

Settings :

SPUSYNC

Pith effects

Reduce Latency

the5th2000
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus GSM
Operating System: 4.1.1r6
ROM: PA

Postby the5th2000 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Now with 11.56 in game graphics of FF8 working well again :-)
But no FMV! Just a grey screen for the videos......

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:49 pm

schtruck wrote:now if you want to downgrade because people say FPse is slower on new version, but it's simple because Many option are set to default for current machines, but i haven't forgot older machines, just unset SPUSYNC and set Old software mode and normally all will be as before if not better than older version.
But i'm very surprise coz on my Xperia play last version works far better than olders and better than 0.10.

if you need an older version , let me know which one i'll send you.

Really? now you can help me to make a downgrade? wow finally I'm glad to hear that, v0.11.32 is the latest stable for me (at least until v0.11.48 when I got tired) so I would appreciate if you send me this version.

Also I would like test 0.10.xx too because I haven't tried yet, but reading forums the people said this is the most fastest (of course talking about software mode).

Thanks in advance, for finally be able to let us make a downgrade, this option should be able on play store like the default FPse, and the updates should releases in a "new" FPse BETA before the official releases or something like that, just a suggestion.
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

Savaal
Primary Device: Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Operating System: Android
ROM: 4.03 Cooked ICS

Postby Savaal » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Schtruck and guests...

I just want to say these few things...

1. I love Fpse. I have played and beaten ffvii, ffviii, and am working on ffix now. When I first got fpse, I couldn't even try opengl mode. It was slow and had bugs that made my game unplayable. But now I play with it all the time! Did it take time? Sure! Did I have to read specific forums regarding the games I was playing? Yes! Did I have to ask questions from time to time? Of course! Did I have to play with my settings a lot each time I started a new game? Absolutely! Did I have to reset my settings each time a new version of fpse was released? Yes sir! Do I love this emulator? So very much!

2. Schtruck, keep up the hard work! I develop in C++ and can appreciate just how much time and effort it takes to write code to make a computer do something that it wasn't originally programmed in hardware to do... This emulator is amazing! Some people get all bent out of shape over inconveniences. That is just the nature of consumerism. I hear people all the time say things like "I hate Verizon" or "I hate Microsoft". Sadly, most of those people just complain and do little to help make it better. Some try to help, and some try to help others enjoy their experiences as well! The fact is, every product has bugs. Every item ever made can be perfect for one person and all wrong for another. Every item can be improved. Does it take time? Absolutely. The light bulb took years And years to get to the point that it can last 1000+ hours in your home and be bright enough for daily use with enough reliability to make them worth the cost! So can we lighten up a little over the fact that Schtruck has to basically experiment with code and test and literally invent code out of thin air to create an effect that is missing from his product? And even then he wont know until everyone tests it whether or not it works for everyone and doesn't break something else. Android is a pain in the ass to work with. They don't have an easy way to just call or write and quickly get help when you need it. And all the while they have thousands of people working on it and even after all that it still has bugs! So lets give our one man band Schtruck some credit. Nobody can please everyone all of the time, but he really is the little engine that could. He tries so hard, and I never see him get discouraged when people rip on him for his flaws...

Just speaking from my heart...

Return to “News”