Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 pm

somes people was complaining about Delay in sound, and they was right, in fact the timing i have changed few version ago was too much agressive, and i decided to tune it more precisely.
The result is that Tombraider series like TR2 and many other games have now perfect audio playing, no more scratch in sound and no more delay ;-)

Expect an update in few minutes.

Daemonax
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby Daemonax » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:18 am

I wonder how long it takes for an update to actually be available for us end users? Also wonder if Google have a group of trusted developers who's updates can be made available immediately. It seems that it takes several hours for an update to become available. Looking forward to this new update. Hoping that it fixes the audio sync issue with FMVs.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Sorry i delayed the release, because i found a BIG mistake on my side which exist since Windows Mobile version of FPse...

In Fact the region detectioncode was wrong, and FPse was always working in European Region...

Now it's fixed and many games will reworks , like Toy Story 2 and somes others.

I continue somes experiment on it then will release an update surely tomorow.

Daemonax

Postby Daemonax » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:35 am

Hope it'll be up soon.

There have been a couple of games I've come across with some graphical glitches using software drawing (which I believe ought to be the most accurate, closest to the original look?). Tomb Raider 2 and especially Silent Hill have had some big problems. Will test them again with this new version once it's out.

For now I'll go back to refreshing the Google Play page hoping for the update to finally appear...

trigger08
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: lg optimus net dual p698
Operating System: android
ROM: star ocean

Postby trigger08 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 am

Guys i have an lg optimus net dual p 698 fpse always crash whenever i play help.....

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:08 am

just pushed FPse 0.11.86 to the market:
- Fixed CD Region detection, make new games working like Toy Story 2 etc...
- Fixed delay and scratch in sound

Important, for this version i reverted back to Old version of Google Cross Compiler, because it seems new compiler is largely bugged and caused somes serious problem since FPse 0.11.82, the version i switched to new Cross Compiler.

Daemonax

Postby Daemonax » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 am

I can confirm that the delay in audio during FMV sequences is much improved, not sure if it's perfect or not, but it's improved so much that I'm unsure if there is a problem anymore.

Will test the other issues that I had found previously a bit later.

Jaybezia
Primary Device: Nexus 7

Postby Jaybezia » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 pm

schtruck wrote:just pushed FPse 0.11.86 to the market:
- Fixed CD Region detection, make new games working like Toy Story 2 etc...
- Fixed delay and scratch in sound

Important, for this version i reverted back to Old version of Google Cross Compiler, because it seems new compiler is largely bugged and caused somes serious problem since FPse 0.11.82, the version i switched to new Cross Compiler.

I am very new to Android and this site, however I have worked with emulator's previously and the coding of them. Firstly, were you involved in FPSE and the making of it? Only I have seen your name a few times on various posts.

I have a slight problem I posted in the final fantasy VIII section, would anyone be able help me? Its a very specific problem to the game but I think it can be solved by someone who hasn't necessarily played the game. Basically, the problem is that a song is supposed to play on Disc 3 in the chair of the Ragnarok, however, for some mis-alignment reason between the audio/ graphics, it appears unable to move past this...

Any suggestions? I have read other people's comments and can't seem to get it working, furthermore the SPU Sync being ticked, didn't solve it for me, nor did it seem to save the settings once selected. Also I have seen the term 'Save State' being passed around, almost as if you can save the place you are in the FPSE emulator, rather than the game and try it force it past this point, any help? Would be greatly appreciated and if someone got it to work I would be more than happy to contribute to the site...

Thanks in advance, James

Primary Device: Galaxy S3 (I9300) Exynos 4412
Operating System: Cortex-A9, Mali-400
ROM: 4.2.2 CM10.1, 1280x720

Postby 6502 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 am

Audio latency:
SpuSync off: better (probably like old versions, not perfect but way better than spusync on)
Spusync on: still high latency (no change here?)

Daemonax

Postby Daemonax » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 am

I've just checked Resident Evil 2, as the opening FMV sequence gives a good indication of the audio sync... There still seems to be about a half second of lag.

Problems with Silent Hill have returned again. Silent Hill still has problems that appear and disappear with each update. Quite annoying. The main menu is a complete mess in software mode, and many parts of the game don't render correctly either.

Return to “News”