Fpse for Android News

Haku
Primary Device: DROID 2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Haku » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 pm

mirnuj_atom wrote:
Haku wrote:Hello,

I bought the app this morning, as I didn't get the results I wanted from psx4droid. The interface is quite nice, and is running my test game, Final Fantasy 8, quite well! I am using a DROID 2 phone. This program has a LOT of potential!

However, I have one major concern: the save state function is not working for me at all. Whenever I try to save using the save state function, on any of the empty slots, it just stays as "EMPTY". How do I go about fixing this? The current directory for the save states is, for some reason, "//"

(Interestingly, psx4droid creates a folder on the sdcard for the memory cards. It seems that Fpse keeps it within a hidden directory that my phone can't see.)

A less major concern is the directory that save states AND in-game created saves are located. I can't seem to find them. They don't show up on my sdcard, and I can't find it on the phone memory.

With that said, I would also like a function where I could move the Fpse for Android program to the sdcard. And somewhere down the line, a cheating console? :P

Thank you very much!

1. Have you disabled HLE and chosen a BIOS file? It will not allow you to use quick save in HLE mode.
2. You can choose save directory in System settings.

1. HLE is disabled, and I am using the SCPH1001 BIOS file, which is loaded.
2. Going through the settings options on the app, I can't find even where the memory card is located when I click on the Memory Card option...it pulls open all of my directories, but the location where the memory card is isn't found anywhere

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Postby 90180360 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:39 pm

fyatwyrio wrote:I still think mp3 support would be worth implementing at some point. The music quality seemed to be a little better when using mp3's and of course the iso size was much smaller.

How can the quality be better? MP3 is nothing but compressed CDDA.

I can also confirm Wipeout 2097 working with CDDA (and at full speed without frameskip on SGS :D )

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Help schtruck

All the sound on my games that uses the cue files are broke
Rayman and wipeout 2097.
Thay work but sound gone all crackle.

Thay was working perfectly a few minutes ago.

I tried uninstalling fpse.
Deleting data.
But still the same problem.

I don't know if I hit a bug in the new update
Regarding soundtrack.

But I'm gutted.
Thay can't be played like that.
Please fix or help on this matter.

Bye...
Galaxy note 9 exynos

tgwaste

Postby tgwaste » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Music now plays for Wipeout 1, 2, & 3. But Wipeout 3 crashes upon entering the race.
-tgwaste

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:05 am

Haku wrote:
mirnuj_atom wrote:
Haku wrote:Hello,

I bought the app this morning, as I didn't get the results I wanted from psx4droid. The interface is quite nice, and is running my test game, Final Fantasy 8, quite well! I am using a DROID 2 phone. This program has a LOT of potential!

However, I have one major concern: the save state function is not working for me at all. Whenever I try to save using the save state function, on any of the empty slots, it just stays as "EMPTY". How do I go about fixing this? The current directory for the save states is, for some reason, "//"

(Interestingly, psx4droid creates a folder on the sdcard for the memory cards. It seems that Fpse keeps it within a hidden directory that my phone can't see.)

A less major concern is the directory that save states AND in-game created saves are located. I can't seem to find them. They don't show up on my sdcard, and I can't find it on the phone memory.

With that said, I would also like a function where I could move the Fpse for Android program to the sdcard. And somewhere down the line, a cheating console? :P

Thank you very much!

1. Have you disabled HLE and chosen a BIOS file? It will not allow you to use quick save in HLE mode.
2. You can choose save directory in System settings.

1. HLE is disabled, and I am using the SCPH1001 BIOS file, which is loaded.
2. Going through the settings options on the app, I can't find even where the memory card is located when I click on the Memory Card option...it pulls open all of my directories, but the location where the memory card is isn't found anywhere

The files are located in /data/data/app/com.emulator.fpse/files/memcard and sstate. You have to be rooted to get to them, and most file browsers won't do the trick. Easiest way is from terminal emulator. I recommend copying them to your sdcard, then changing the fpse settings to point to the sdcard. That way you can easily back them up, and they'll survive a phone wipe.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:08 am

eXceed wrote:Getting some slowdown when entering menu's and combat in Final Fantasy 9. Normal gameplay has fine gameplay. Frameskipping is turned off but frame limiter is on. Boost mode has no effect and I haven't tried HLE...

Save yourself the effort, there's no combination of settings that will fix the slowdown in FF menus (or Chrono Cross, or most square RPGs). It's a rendering slowdown related to how the Square menus use the psx's framebuffer (iirc), and how it's emulated. We just have to wait for schtruck to implement a fix.

mkr14
Primary Device: Samsung Captivate SGH-I897
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Serendipity 6.2

Postby mkr14 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:20 am

I "fixed" the slowdowns in FF games and the sound stuttering in Castlevania SotN by overclocking my phone 1.3ghz+. Runs great at 1.3ghz. (Samsung Captivate 1Ghz)

Many custom roms/kernels offer overclocking capability. Try it out if you are desperate. (careful though, it is a tad technical and you can screw up your phone!)

I am sure there is an optimization route to deal with these problems but brute force seems to work as well.

EliteNemesis14
Primary Device: Samsung Captivate
Operating System: Gingerbread 2.3.5
ROM: CM7.1 RC1 keeping up with nightlies

Postby EliteNemesis14 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:42 am

Hey Stchruck, no big rush, but can u make it so we can map the buttons however we want with a zeemote. Alot of games don't require all buttons, so we would be able to map only the buttons we need. Thanks for all your hard work. Really appreciate it.

Postby 90180360 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:52 am

EliteNemesis14 wrote:Hey Stchruck, no big rush, but can u make it so we can map the buttons however we want with a zeemote. Alot of games don't require all buttons, so we would be able to map only the buttons we need. Thanks for all your hard work. Really appreciate it.

You can use Bluez IME to do that.

Postby 90180360 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:49 am

crualfoxhound wrote:Help schtruck

All the sound on my games that uses the cue files are broke
Rayman and wipeout 2097.
Thay work but sound gone all crackle.

Thay was working perfectly a few minutes ago.

I tried uninstalling fpse.
Deleting data.
But still the same problem.

I don't know if I hit a bug in the new update
Regarding soundtrack.

But I'm gutted.
Thay can't be played like that.
Please fix or help on this matter.

Bye...

Both are working perfectly fine here (Rayman was already working before the latest update). Maybe you have a problem with your device?

Return to “News”