Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm

@foleyjo, what frame limiter value you would expect?

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:46 pm

If possible I'd like to see the effect I get with a limit of 40 or 45.

Kasser
Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 4.03

Postby Kasser » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 am

Does anyone mind posting an idiots guide to getting the 2 player option to work please? Couldn't for the life in me get it working on 2 S2's for Tekken 3. If one person selected 1 player and the other 2 (and both on the same server), player 1 can't select vs. option, but player 2 could. Swapping around made no difference. Googling how to set it up shows up nothing.

If someone could please let me know would be great!!!

The icon making option is definitely not working for me either. Maybe I could uninstall fpse and download again? Would I lose all the data too?

tawalte2
Primary Device: Galaxy S5
Operating System: Android 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby tawalte2 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:08 pm

I am seeing an issue where if I try to change the framelimiter level while using the opengl plugin, fpse crashes. This does not happen in 2D mode, only when using the opengl plugin.

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread
ROM: stock

Postby Carter07 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 pm

@schtruck, just a technical question:

In psx emulation do you think is more important to have a cpu that is strong on integer operations or in floating point operations?
I ask this because I'm going to upgrade phone and my decision is based also on how it runs well fpse.

Kasser

Postby Kasser » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:43 pm

OK, found the instructions for setting up 2 player now on this very thread...... please carry on ignoring me ;)

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 pm

@Carter07

first FPse is able to run well on a 1ghz processor, like the xperia play which is able to run all games at full speed in software mode without frameskipping (except perhaps tekken3 which need frameskip).
But the reason why other devices are slower with the same cpu/gpu is just because sony has put a very fast SDram into this phone... no mistery

After , all devices have good things and bad things , for example, take the Nexus 4, very powerfull cpu, but the gpu is not very well optimized, it's surely because of slow SDram i suppose. So in Softmode you'll get full speed and more, while in opengl, you'll get mid speed compare to a Galaxy SIII... hopefully frameskipping does its job.

Now it's up to you, i can tell you that if you want a phone mainly to play, take the Xperia play, even is screen is old now, the hardware is still impressive.

If you search for high end device, just to play with maximum specs, you have the Galaxy SIII or the Nexus 4, in4,7/4,8 screen size. other devices with last tegra 3 version like the one included into the Nexus 7 would worth a lot i think too...

If you search for a smaller device ,good screen , the motorola razor-i is impressive...

Nameless
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Operating System: Android
ROM: MiNCO v5

Postby Nameless » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 am

Hi there.
First of all, sorry if i am breaking any rules by posting an help request here.
I am experiencing some issues i cannot explain or fix even after browing this forum and xda in the last few days.
I am actually playing Final Fantasy VII on my Galaxy Nexus with the 0.11.69 bought in the Play Store. Since the first run i noticed this gray screen on FMVs, but after playing with the settings and discover the OpenGL options, i don't know how, but i fixed it and improved the game quality.
This until the next launch of FPse, these settings were totally gone.

With these option enabled i am getting this: http://i.imgur.com/YzAYK.png
(Sorry if i am not exactly quoting the options but i have set Italian and i don't want to reset again the App)

-Show FPS (~49-50 during FMV)
-Original screen size
-OffScreenDrawing
-32Bits rendering
-Anti Aliasing
-Polygon cache G4
-FF7 cursor fix

After enabling "Frame buffer direct access" i got this: http://i.imgur.com/Gclwc.png

Could the problem be solved by enabling the 60 FPS Framelimiter? Which i cannot enable it, it keeps on stay "auto" when the game is running AND after clicking "back" to return to the previous menu, it shows the cheats menu.. (Bug?), otherwise if i enable it when the game is not running it ends in crash(restart?) the App.

I also tried Low profile and 1-5 Priority.

Thanks everyone who will help to solve my problem!

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread
ROM: stock

Postby Carter07 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:05 pm

schtruck wrote:@Carter07

first FPse is able to run well on a 1ghz processor, like the xperia play which is able to run all games at full speed in software mode without frameskipping (except perhaps tekken3 which need frameskip).
But the reason why other devices are slower with the same cpu/gpu is just because sony has put a very fast SDram into this phone... no mistery

After , all devices have good things and bad things , for example, take the Nexus 4, very powerfull cpu, but the gpu is not very well optimized, it's surely because of slow SDram i suppose. So in Softmode you'll get full speed and more, while in opengl, you'll get mid speed compare to a Galaxy SIII... hopefully frameskipping does its job.

Now it's up to you, i can tell you that if you want a phone mainly to play, take the Xperia play, even is screen is old now, the hardware is still impressive.

If you search for high end device, just to play with maximum specs, you have the Galaxy SIII or the Nexus 4, in4,7/4,8 screen size. other devices with last tegra 3 version like the one included into the Nexus 7 would worth a lot i think too...

If you search for a smaller device ,good screen , the motorola razor-i is impressive...

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply.
My current device in on par with xperia play so I'm searching something better that lets me play all games in opengl mode with max settings.

It's strange that nexus 4 with the best cpu and gpu available in the android world is worse than galaxy s3, s4 pro doubled the ram bandwich compared to adreno 225 soc. However I know nexus 4 is very bad optimized and benchmark scores are worse when compared to similar specs devices like optimus G or padfone 2.

A dual core krait with adreno 225 gives similar results? games are unplayable with opengl and no frameskip?

Kasser

Postby Kasser » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Any tips for playing 2 player mode? I ask because when using it, even though it looks like we are playing Tekken 3 together, in fact i or player 2 would win and the other player is still playing!! It really did not work very well at all. Sometimes i was done, already selecting a player for the next game, and player 2 is still playing the old game (with my character laying on the floor!). There's obviously something up with syncing both phones. Any help?

I would seriously consider fixing some of these problems before adding even more features, as at the moment none of the new features (fast forward, creating short cuts, and now the 2 player mode) work well or even at all.

Return to “News”