Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby vnes1984 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Schtruck,

Any update on pocket iso?

max3000

Postby max3000 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:59 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
max3000 wrote:My reasoning is that phones that still run 2.1 and don't have any 2.2 ROM from XDA are just not powerful enough to run the emulator anyway. (Unless you've bough an xperia X10 if so, I feel bad for you).

BTW, the official 2.2 update for the Milestone is out. Rejoice!

I don't agree. So there's the X10, there is the Moto Defy (a2.2 rom exist but is really hard to flash), and there are some Archos. That's some examples that are coming to my mind now, other exist.
You'll be surprised to know that the Moto Defy runs the N64 emulator much better than my HD2, so some 2.1 devices coud run Fpse very well indeed.
Some people want to play but are not geek enough to flash a rom, or they fear for the warranty.
Schtruck told me that allowing Fpse to run on 2.1 was possible and not too hard, but he has other priorities for the moment I guess.

For all: remember that not speaking good english doesn't mean being stupid, some posts are hard to get, OK, but don't comment posts with English mistakes but that are easy to understand

Are you telling me that v--t is easy to understand?
Also, my native tongue doesn't even have roman characters like Russian, nor is it even written left to right and I (hopefully) type in English well.
What I'm saying is that people can at least try.
Also yeah, the Defy is a pretty good device because it's a TI OMAP chipset. And I'm pretty sure the current gen Archos (Like the 43) run 2.2.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:Take Archos 5 for example, it could run Fpse pretty well, but is not 2.2

You know, I from the one who like flashing roms (even if I have difficulties with my Defy, but beside this, all me other devices are flashed many times).....
I kinda think almost all WinMo owners, using FpseCE were older or "geeker" than Android users, used to flash their devices, looking for high-end apps on the net, at XDA, etc

Many Android users are absolute beginners, finding Fpse through the market, many won't flash their phone

So Fpse for earlier Android versions would be nice, but in fact I personnally don't really bother, I'm still using FpseCE lol and I know the defy will be under the HD2 for Fpse until the openGL plugin is out (because it kicks the HD2's ass for N64oid, using openGL. But for apps using CPU power, it's way under the HD2)

I can understand v--t, he just says that he doesn't care for BT pads, h'd rather see fps improvements, or OpenGL plugin, better sound, etc
It's ovious he used an online translator and can't write in English at all

I mean we have seen really worse here!!!!! :mrgreen:

As for me, the next thing I would like to see working on Fpse is full PocketIso support! I remember the huge boost it can give for some games , 20% or more fps when the game is using XAstreams! Using pocketIso made FpseCE playable on my old Samsung Omnia 1, it gives 15 fps more for tekken 3 on my HD2, etc
Or like FpseCE, 3 independant sound cursors to cut XAstreams sounds only and so get the Fps boost and keep other sounds like FX sounds
I wonder why Schtruck doesn't work on it, maybe because he found no way to implement this on Android????

I'd much rather have schtruck working on Open GLES more than anything because that really gives a performance boost. Especially on TI OMAP with PowerVR gfx. (that means the defy, milestone and it's ilk would run any game at pretty much full speed.)
It would also hopefully fix the problem with menus in FFIX.

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:59 pm

max3000 wrote:
i900frenchaddict wrote:Take Archos 5 for example, it could run Fpse pretty well, but is not 2.2

You know, I from the one who like flashing roms (even if I have difficulties with my Defy, but beside this, all me other devices are flashed many times).....
I kinda think almost all WinMo owners, using FpseCE were older or "geeker" than Android users, used to flash their devices, looking for high-end apps on the net, at XDA, etc

Many Android users are absolute beginners, finding Fpse through the market, many won't flash their phone

So Fpse for earlier Android versions would be nice, but in fact I personnally don't really bother, I'm still using FpseCE lol and I know the defy will be under the HD2 for Fpse until the openGL plugin is out (because it kicks the HD2's ass for N64oid, using openGL. But for apps using CPU power, it's way under the HD2)

I can understand v--t, he just says that he doesn't care for BT pads, h'd rather see fps improvements, or OpenGL plugin, better sound, etc

As for me, the next thing I would like to see working on Fpse is full PocketIso support! I remember the huge boost it can give for some games , 20% or more fps when the game is using XAstreams! Using pocketIso made FpseCE playable on my old Samsung Omnia 1, it gives 15 fps more for tekken 3 on my HD2, etc
Or like FpseCE, 3 independant sound cursors to cut XAstreams sounds only and so get the Fps boost and keep other sounds like FX sounds
I wonder why Schtruck doesn't work on it, maybe because he found no way to implement this on Android????

I'd much rather have schtruck working on Open GLES more than anything because that really gives a performance boost. Especially on TI OMAP with PowerVR gfx. (that means the defy, milestone and it's ilk would run any game at pretty much full speed.)

Since we are sharing opinions. I would prefer pocketIso over Open GLES because you get the double whammy. Increased performance and saves space on your sd card but I digress, all in due time.

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Postby 90180360 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 pm

schtruck wrote:i'll finish to implement it this evening then will release an update...

No news is good news? :mrgreen:

max3000

Postby max3000 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:49 pm

vnes1984 wrote:
max3000 wrote:

Since we are sharing opinions. I would prefer pocketIso over Open GLES because you get the double whammy. Increased performance and saves space on your sd card but I digress, all in due time.

Wait, what exactly is pocketISO and how does it improve performance? Are there any downsides to it?

bananaclawz
Primary Device: Tmobile G2

Postby bananaclawz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:44 am

Could someone please help...

I played Ape escape and have gotten VERY far...now SUDDENLY, the game does NOT want to open with FPSE...it immediately crashes.

Also, i've attempted to Search for the DEFAULT memory card or FPSE folder on my SD Card, but cannot find anything :(

Please help!

I WOULD try the "Clear Data" option from my manage apps/all apps menu for FPSE, but i'm scared as to whether this will ALSO delete ALL of my Memory card data as well...anybody have any advice :(?

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:11 am

bananaclawz wrote:Could someone please help...

I played Ape escape and have gotten VERY far...now SUDDENLY, the game does NOT want to open with FPSE...it immediately crashes.

Also, i've attempted to Search for the DEFAULT memory card or FPSE folder on my SD Card, but cannot find anything :(

Please help!

I WOULD try the "Clear Data" option from my manage apps/all apps menu for FPSE, but i'm scared as to whether this will ALSO delete ALL of my Memory card data as well...anybody have any advice :(?

Clearing data would wipe your memcards if you haven't changed their location to the sdcard. The default folder for memcards is /data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/memcards/. You'll need a rooted phone to get at it, as well as a terminal emulator or file browser that can view it. Copy the 2 mcd files from that directory, and you've got your memory cards. Clear data without doing so will wipe all your memcard saves.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 am

News update off schtruck.

I have finished support for zeemote with digital and analog mode.
It works very well.

Now in trying to make wipeout soundtrack and colour fix
For heart of darkness.

Cya++

Sound awsome

With colour fix and soundtracks
Sorted.

It make my playing experience with fpse complete :D

Bye...
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Primary Device: ZTE Blade