schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:00 pm

thanks guys! very hard time...

Btw, i need urgent beta testers, with many different configurations to see if there's no regression with current beta version... and if people are interrested to test new features/fixes.

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Im sorry to hear about your father ill say a prayer for him and hope he has a speedy recovery.

I would like to be a beta tester, what would you like for me to look for also i wont be able to test until tomorrow but i am willing. my email is gamerguy80@gmail.com im always glad to help

miky1989
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: CyanogenMod 10

Postby miky1989 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:34 am

schtruck wrote:thanks guys! very hard time...

Btw, i need urgent beta testers, with many different configurations to see if there's no regression with current beta version... and if people are interrested to test new features/fixes.

I can do beta tester if u want :)

Edit: Sent Pm with my email address :)

Daemonax
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby Daemonax » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:27 am

I can confirm that my Sixaxis controller is working using the sixaxis software, didn't need to set up the button maps. Nice.

Silent Hill still has graphical issues as I had mentioned earlier, but I did not expect these to be fixed.

Disabling spusync for Tomb Raider and then restarting the game seemed to make it crash, the game simply wouldn't load. I had to clear the data to be able to get tomb raider to run again... I then replicated the issue.. Disabling spusync makes it impossible to load Tomb Raider, I haven't tried this with other games, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens.

I have had a license check failure thing come up while beta testing this for you, which is odd.

I'm using a GT-N7100, Samsung Galaxy Note II, running stock 4.1.1

akutasame94
Primary Device: ZTE Mimosa Mini
Operating System: 2.3.5 Gingerbread

Postby akutasame94 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Well sorry for being inactive, my phone died. Anyway it got back from the shop so I can post what I noticed. On the smaller phones with 2,8'' or 3,2'' display you can't push two buttons at the same time. Sometimes you can, but let's say I have fifa 2005 on my phone, when I have to push square to shoot and direction it usually doesn't work. While holding X for running and direction works. I have the same issue on every emulator so far, and I am quite sure it has something to do with screen size, as multitouch works.

Crugath
Primary Device: HTC One 32GB
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: TrickDroid 8.0.0

Postby Crugath » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Just offering some feedback on the beta.

It works reliably and as well as in previous versions. I have spent some time in several games and sound has been fine in all of them. (Gran Turismo 2, Symphony of the Night and Resident Evil 1).

I'm afraid I don't have any controllers I can test the emulator with, so I can't offer feedback on that.

The fully transparent overlay gamepad works fine.

I also don't have a device with a navigation bar, so I also cannot test the functionality of that. But I enabled it anyway, and I gave root access to FPse and have not experienced any problems with either the emulator or the system in general since doing so.

Following Daemonax's comments, I will look at Tomb Raider and Silent Hill tomorrow too, and see how they react.

Daemonax
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby Daemonax » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:05 am

I tested the spusync issue with another game, same thing much as I expected. It actually won't load the bios, so it's not the specific game that matters.

But you need to load some game, disable spusync for that game, quit and then try loading it again... It will fail, at least it does for me on my Note II with the above mentioned set up.

Crugath
Primary Device: HTC One 32GB
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: TrickDroid 8.0.0

Postby Crugath » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13 am

I've just tried this, with Crash Team Racing, and after disabling SPUSync and trying to open the game again, FPse crashes.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:30 pm

ok beta testers, i fixed the problem with crash and no SPUSYNC, and another problem with VOLUME UP button and No Navigation bar selected.
i send you another version shortly to test.

Return to “News”