Fpse for Android News

thefitz
Primary Device: OnePlus One A0001
Operating System: Android 5.0.2/CM12
ROM: This is for Android OS ROMs, not game ROMs.

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby thefitz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely having the plugin issue as well. I'm getting a little frustrated.

I'm amazed at the fact that there are working emulators at all for systems of this complexity. I was blown away by the HD software mode for certain games - this is how those games were meant to look.

The technical hiccups are frustrating and the UI is a little mindblowing (why can't you download screenshots and game titles from the serial number!?) but it'll be fixed. The emulation is the important part, and when it works it works well for me.

Also, anybody noticing the website periodically not working?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:28 pm

that's very strange. on my side it works immediatly, i think the problem is linked to DNS? i'm investigating with a log version.

rubejb
Primary Device: Motorola Triumph

Postby rubejb » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:37 pm

schtruck wrote:that's very strange. on my side it works immediatly, i think the problem is linked to DNS? i'm investigating with a log version.

Thanks! Glad to hear you're working on it.

jk597
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Operating System: Android 4.3
ROM: Stock

Postby jk597 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Hello there,

May I just add a couple of things:

-The plugins downloaded fine when I was using my mobile network (3G or 2G) rather than WiFi for some reason.
-The main problem for me (and for one or two others I noticed) is not the plugin problem - it's that when you make certain changes in the menu (I have tried changing the menu layout from Grid to List, and also renaming some game titles), the app force closes. Then from that point onwards, every time you try and start the app, it hangs on a black screen with the 'FPse' heading at the top, and then crashes. Clearing the data allows the app to open again, but the same problem still happens every time you try and make a change like I have mentioned.

Many thanks and much appreciative of all the hard work you've done with this app. It has given me many a joyous hour on my train journey to work.

Damoizgod
Primary Device: Sony Xperia tablet Z
Operating System: Android
ROM: Final Fantasy 7

Postby Damoizgod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Program still isn't working or downloading the plugins. How do I backup my saved data to uninstall and reinstall this program like has been suggested not that this apparently works at the moment. FF7 is the only game I want to play at the moment and I don't want to start again. I haven't rated this program but I'd gladly give it 5 stars if it kept working... I only bought this a few days ago. I don't like the idea that I've paid for a program and the minute the servers have a hiccup I can no longer use it. This is the sort of DRM measures EA uses. In a few years time when they decide it's no longer viable to run the servers to authorize the opening of the application any more it stops working like it has done now. Other than the last two days the program has worked a lot better than the other emulators I have tried.

TLDR: How do I back up the saved data.
DRM = BAD

thefitz

Postby thefitz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:17 pm

jk597 wrote:Hello there,

May I just add a couple of things:

-The plugins downloaded fine when I was using my mobile network (3G or 2G) rather than WiFi for some reason.

That didn't work for me, trying mobile networks. Using LTE, 4G, and whatever the heck the E network is didn't allow me to download plugins. I can't get them to work at all.

-The main problem for me (and for one or two others I noticed) is not the plugin problem - it's that when you make certain changes in the menu (I have tried changing the menu layout from Grid to List, and also renaming some game titles), the app force closes. Then from that point onwards, every time you try and start the app, it hangs on a black screen with the 'FPse' heading at the top, and then crashes. Clearing the data allows the app to open again, but the same problem still happens every time you try and make a change like I have mentioned.

Happened to me when I renamed a game. Except when I cleared data, I cleared the plugins, which I'm unable to re-download now.

Many thanks and much appreciative of all the hard work you've done with this app. It has given me many a joyous hour on my train journey to work.

This. I know it's frustrating sometimes but people seem to have such crazy expectations for things that are so inexpensive. Sure, you'd have to deal with bugs, but I appreciate there's a constant new effort. There are other options if you want something that's stable but gets updated incrementally every 6 months. If you can afford an Android device you can afford both.

thefitz

Postby thefitz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Damoizgod wrote:TLDR: How do I back up the saved data.

The memory cards and save states should be rather evident if you navigate to FPse's directory on your phone's directory browser/plugged into a computer.

EDIT: Memory card files are transferable from PSX emulator to PSX emulator, just rename the memory card extension to the one your emulator uses. Save states don't transfer.

DRM = BAD

I agree. It's a piece of software. If someone wants to steal it, they'll steal it.

Damoizgod

Postby Damoizgod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:31 pm

I agree. It's a piece of software. If someone wants to steal it, they'll steal it.

Indeed, all you've gotta do is jailbreak your device and use a bootloader and they don't even get the messages we get when your servers stop working... Pisses me off really. DRM only ever really harms teh people paying for the products the pirates will always find a workaround.

Also... This websites on the fritz too, I come here to find out what's wrong and it doesn't even load?

rubejb
Primary Device: Motorola Triumph

Postby rubejb » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't a DRM check that's causing the issue.

The app downloads audio and video plugins every time it updates. From what I can tell, they can't be distributed along with the app for whatever reason (again, correct me if I'm wrong there).

Damoizgod

Postby Damoizgod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:38 pm

rubejb wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't a DRM check that's causing the issue.

The app downloads audio and video plugins every time it updates. From what I can tell, they can't be distributed along with the app for whatever reason (again, correct me if I'm wrong there).

The program definitely has DRM before this happened yesterday I was playing FF7 and constantly getting the DRM message license check failed please connect to the internet flashing up on my screen whilst I was trying to play the game. I don't know whether or not the audio and video plugins are DRM related but that certainly was and it was doing my fricken head in.

Return to “News”