Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby New player » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:09 pm

how add L3 and R3

Moothead2
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime
Operating System: ICS

Postby Moothead2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:19 pm

How do you set up Chainfire 3D to make FPse look better?

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:26 pm

BlackArty wrote:Schtruck,
After loading new OpenGL plugin in new FPSe version I can't change HW buttons controls in OpenGL mode.
Please, fix it :)

p.s. In some games after loading save state black screen appears. But sound and game worked. In old versions (10.57-10.11) it was decided switching of the settings menu and disable.
The new version will not do. Is it possible to to solve the problem of save states?

I would also like to add that i for one am also experiencing the same thing. I love this emulator since i first got it, and i dont understand the people who complain, this emulator has been great since day 1. the improvements here and there are always a plus for me. with or without opengl this emulator rocks. also i have used opengl and yes things look great but there are some quirks which honestly i just think its me whos doing them i sort of need to have my hand held when figuring things out on here lol. i do wish there was like an instant switch button to go from bios to opengl. and is hle mode is that the mode with opengl and is software mode the bios thing? either way keep up the great work!!

Rgx521
Primary Device: S4 (Exynos 5)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock (rooted)

Postby Rgx521 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Hey guys,

first time I post here :). I'm a huge fan of fpse, probably the best money I ever spent on the android market.
However, I seem to have a bit of a problem with the latest version. Just like for most of us, opengl looks great on my device (Transformer TF101 @ 1,2ghz) but is way too slow to be playable, really. This may be a limitation of the Tegra 2 system or it may be something that can eventually be worked out through further improvements to the emulator. However, even when in software mode, my games seem to run worse than they did with the last version. I was playing Gran Turismo 2 with screen filtering, enhanced drawing, no frameskip and so on before and it was constantly scratching 60FPS. With the new version, I need to disable screen filtering in order to even get ~50FPS. I wonder if this points to a problem on my end or if there might be some problem with the changes introduced lately. If there's something I can try to fix my performance, I'd be more than happy to hear about it.

One more thing: Using either dual core boost or thread priority seems to make most games run actually worse than without those options set. Don't know if that's somehow related.

Rgx521
Primary Device: S4 (Exynos 5)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock (rooted)

Postby Rgx521 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Any advise on my Tegra 2 woes?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:46 pm

about SGX540 slowdown it's surely related to drivers, and i think that's the same for Andreno 220.

Peopgpuopengl plugin use much memory and try to allocated up to 256 textures progressively. Perhaps the driver is limited in term of memory allocable.

shaolin95
Primary Device: HTC TILT 2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Energy

Postby shaolin95 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Do you think the pauses during the Tekken 3 intro are due to drivers as well on the SGS (powervr540) or is it that the GPU cant handle all that? In Soft mode I run it at 57fps (more if I could unlock the vsync on my phone) but with the OPENGL I get fluctuating frames closer to 40s .

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Crualfoxhound could you check tekken 3 for me ? (with openGL)
On my SGN i have 55-60 fps but after few moves framerate drops to ~30 and again 56 again 31 .... and i dont know what happend.
I check Tekken 3 NTSC RIP in practice mode.
I was thinking that hardware is to weak but I overclock Mali from 267 to 400 MHz, cpu from 1,4 to 1,6 GHz but that gives the same results, so that must be something with my drivers/plugin.
I'm waiting for information/suggestions

by the way, how to set memory cards properly? I never set it before and was fine, maybe i miss something ,,,,

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:21 pm

gregory85 wrote:Crualfoxhound could you check tekken 3 for me ? (with openGL)
On my SGN i have 55-60 fps but after few moves framerate drops to ~30 and again 56 again 31 .... and i dont know what happend.
I check Tekken 3 NTSC RIP in practice mode.
I was thinking that hardware is to weak but I overclock Mali from 267 to 400 MHz, cpu from 1,4 to 1,6 GHz but that gives the same results, so that must be something with my drivers/plugin.
I'm waiting for information/suggestions

by the way, how to set memory cards properly? I never set it before and was fine, maybe i miss something ,,,,

Tekken 3 (opengl mode)
Max 62
Min 49
Average 53-57

Memorycards
I use external directory memorycards
So i load then up that way
Galaxy note 9 exynos

ZhuraYuki
Primary Device: Galaxy SII i9100
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Exynos

Postby ZhuraYuki » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:56 am

Just use PAL games for fpce, they need 50fps for fullspeed.

Return to “News”