Fpse for Android News

LancerEvoX
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Epic 4G Touch
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby LancerEvoX » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 am

I finally rooted my phone and got SixAxis to work, but now it seems I can't quit a game. Everytime I load up FPSE FFT is still running. I tried Eject, closing it from task manager... not sure whats going on. I'll try rebooting my phone.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:37 am

Two options from pete's plugin i'd like to see: framebuffer effects and 2d texture filtering. The framebuffer effects are needed for things like final fantasy battle transitions. 2d filtering options are needed for the backgrounds in ff7. The dark lines around ff7 background textures are caused by filtering the 2d textures. Filtering needs to be disabled to prevent this.

Also, has anyone been able to get ff7 battle menus working? So far nothing for me...

zdubin
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Rom

Postby zdubin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:41 am

OK hardware button mapping is back, great! The opengl plug-in eliminates pixelization, great job!

I am still having issues with timing, with frameskip off the frame rate is too slow.

With frameskip on it's too fast, but the graphics are smooth and the sound is too fast.

With frameskip and framelimitter the graphics are shaky and not smooth.

The game pace was perfect in software mode on most games in version 10.63, now it's hit or miss? What setting work best for smooth play and a good frame rate?

This is on a Motorolla Xoom dual core

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:53 am

Can someone tell me how I can take screen shots with EVO 3D? What application do I need to take screen shot in fpse?

i900frenchaddict, I'll download Tekken 3 for testing and let you know my results.

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:15 am

Framelimiter still is imperfect, games run around 50-60 fps depend by location, but that 50-60 looks like choppy 40. When I disable framelimiter, fps raises to >100 and games are super smooth, but too fast.
Most games have problem with constant frame rate. When I start tekken 3 framerate is between 50-60 and everything is great but after few seconds I notice frame rate drops to 30 fps and again 58 and again 30 ... that is very annoying.(I dont use frameskip because is not smooth even with fps~100)
I use older opengl plugin, because latest force closing FPSE or causes black screen.
Maybe something is not right with fps autodetection ?
Maybe you should add option that allow to chose fps:
- autodetect
- fastest as possible
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Galaxy Note stock rom, stock clocks, rooted, chainfire available.
I'm waiting for advices.

Can someone tell me how I can take screen shots with EVO 3D? What application do I need to take screen shot in fpse?

screeshot it should work, I have "screenShot It v31" ... I used it before on HTC HD2 (possible to set time delay(max 30s) or just shake device to make screenshot)

Schtruck
Filtering causes black borders, to eliminate it, you should use pete extended filtering method just the same like in ePSXe OGL plugin. Standard filtering causes the same black borders on PC, extended remove it. Checked on Chrono Cross.

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:05 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:IN NEED OF FEEDBACK FROM PEOPLE WITH ADRENO 220 INSIDE !

On my device, it's slower than with Adreno 205 :shock: What the hell??!
Using CF3D makes no difference....

people with an HTC Sensation, an HTC EVO 3D (I don't knwo what other devices use it), please tell us how many fps you get without frameskip

Settings:

System
Dual Core
Thread Priority

Audio
Spusync

Video
Framelimiter
Screenfiltering
Fastdraw
Brightness Boost
Enhanced 3D rendering

Misc
Use system bios

And the game ran all the time at 59 fps for me except when I first launched it.. hit down to 52 fps for a few seconds than after that 59-60 fps consistently even during battles. Now when I used the opengl plugin the graphics were awesome but the speed was so slow that it was unplayable pretty much. Unfortunately screenshot it sucks for the EVO 3D all screenshots were fucked up with black triangular shapes. Any others that actually work? Found screenshot that works great.. Screenshot It sucks for me messed up every screenshot. OpenGL Plugin awesome graphics but the fps dropped down to half at least in speed.

PS. Frameskip DID NOTHING AT ALL.. it is definitely broken.
Attachments
shot_000002.png
OpenGL Plugin
shot_000002.png (378.56 KiB) Viewed 17309 times
shot_000001.png
Using Chainfire Nvidia plugin
shot_000001.png (550.69 KiB) Viewed 17310 times

sas.69
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby sas.69 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 am

Greatings,

Today I bought FPse from the market and I'm very happy with it. It is awesome looking and finally I can play my favorite PSX games on my phone :)

Till now I have tested Resident Evil 1 and it is running well with the new ogl plugin and I noticed a few glitches but I can live with them :)

I'm realy thankful to the developers for all thair hard work!!
Once again thank you guys and keep the good work :)

Now I just wanted to know if I can change the possition of start and select buttons.
In a video in youtube I saw them on the bottom of the screen which is more convenient for me than the way they are now - on the top of the screen.

Best regards!

PS: I noticed that if I start a game in ogl using the method described by the dev I end up with a game which is very playable, but when I exit the emulator and want to play a game later the bios is automatically loaded and I don't have an option to disable it. Is there another work arount or not ?

I will be very thankful if there is someone who knows a solution!
Last edited by sas.69 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joker73
Primary Device: HTC Desire S

Postby Joker73 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:13 am

With the recent updates FPse works perfectly on my HTC Desire S. Just an issue: when I select an external pad (located on FPSE/skins, etc) the pad dissapears. Only works the default one.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:32 am

external PADs need somes convertion, all BMP file must be converted to RAW files with the tool bmp2raw you'll find at the first post of this thread.

To disable bios, go to MISC menu then load bios and press Back button, you'll swtich to HLE after a restart.

To change Button position and until i remake the new Pad position feature compliant with new Menu, you'll have to do it manually, take the Circle Clear pad from Azerty16 within Artist Section of this forum, then Change position into the file pad.ini for the buttons you want, then just load external pad from the corresponding Menu.

Don't forget to convert bmp to raw from azerty16 Overlays pad.

sas.69
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby sas.69 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks for the info and for all the hard work, Schtruck!!! You're the best :)

Return to “News”