Fpse for Android News

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:30 pm

will5 wrote:So guys. It's possible to have force feedback on ds3 controller?

Yes its possible.

We woud need the right stuff off the sixaxes app developer
To implement into fpse.

To my understanding
Back when yongzh added rumble support for wiimote to n64oid
We had the stuff off the bluez ime dev
And needed also the bluez ime app.
Not the playstore version cos the dev never released it.
We used the wiimote apk from his website.

So ps3 sixaxes forcefeedback is possible

Catch ya later
Galaxy note 9 exynos

crualfoxhound
Addict

Postby crualfoxhound » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:18 am

Workaround fix for crash while opening fpse in jelly bean roms

If u get a crash straight away while opening fpse. (application as stopped error)
U need to enter. Phone setting-development options-dont keep activitys- just untick this option.
Then back out of everything and load fpse again.
This only effects jelly bean os roms.

Catch ya later.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:32 am

thefitz wrote:I just chose the old version due to the fact it's been around longer. Doing a quick test (i.e. loading data, watching the FPS for a few seconds, moving on), dual core on, hardware acceleration on, enhanced 3d rendering on:

Chrono Cross - ~120fps
Final Fantasy IX - ~235fps
Vagrant Story - ~160fps
Final Fantasy VII - ~215fps
Legend of Dragoon - ~165fps
Dragon Warrior VII - ~195fps

I have a bone stock, non rooted, not overclocked Galaxy Nexus. The device is nearly one year old. At this point in time it's considered mid-spec, possibly high-mid, but nowhere near the 'top end device' we keep hearing about.

Thanks for this feedback, just I do not play any of these games to can compare :(

Your Galaxy Nexus is a very good device, you right when you says "today" is not the top-end like S3 (but this is veryhigh-end :D) but I think is not middle range, maybe high-mid or just high.

i900frenchaddict wrote:There's a big difference between using Software or openGL
On my HTC One-X (qaud-core Tegra3), every possible compatible game is above full speed in Software
BTW full speed means 60fps for an NTSC game, and 50fps for a PAL (european) game

BUT it's different with openGL, some of my games require frameskip to be full speed. On a stock kernel, on the HTC One-X, a game like Tekken 3 will be around 32 fps in openGL without frameskip (it's around 42 with a custom ROM and custom kernel!). But frameskip is not choppy, so I can reach full speed and games remain smooth. Games like Final Fantasy are around 100fps with no frameskip in openGL, 2D games can reach 150fps or above in openGL too

My favourite game and testing reference is Tekken 3 because it's one of the very slowest games (diablo is slow too, or MGS), I reach between 60 and 70 fps in software or around 42 in openGL with no frameskip. Mine is a PAL version, so full speed is 50fps
On the dual core HTC Sensation Tekken 3 is around 34 fps in openGL with no frameskip (and can reach full speed and remain smooth with frameskip)

In my opinion, 1ghz CPU + a custom rom and kernel + a screen that is NOT HD720p is the minimum to enjoy openGL in 3D games

But software mode remains good on WVGA screens while it's really a mess of pixels on HD screens, so I never use software anymore.

Yes, I know, what I don't know is the software mode is called "old version", I was thinking with "old version" he's mind old version of FPse :S

Only one thing, you need frameskip with your quad-core? are you serious? so with a "normal" phone I never will can use opengl mode...

What level of frameskip do you use? for me >35 is choppy in software and opengl mode.

Anybody can try any of these games without frameskip and make a little feedback please?

- Metal Gear Solid
- Crash Bandicoot 3
- Crash Team Racing
- Colin McRae Rally 2.0
- Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit
- Need For Speed - Porsche Unleashed
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

crualfoxhound
Addict

Postby crualfoxhound » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:10 am

@ icelaglace

-metal gear solid NTSC - opengl blitting 60fps -opengl plugin 60-61fps
-crash bandicoot 3 NTSC - opengl blitting 60fps - opengl plugin 60-61fps
-colin mcrae 2.0 Pal - opengl blitting 51fps - opengl plugin 49-51fps
-NFS Hot Pursuit Pal - opengl blitting 51fps - opengl plugin game dont work

Device
Samsung galaxy note n7000
Dualcore exynos 1.4ghz cpu
Mali400mp gpu
1gb ram

Hope that helps
Galaxy note 9 exynos

crualfoxhound
Addict

Postby crualfoxhound » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 am

Found a trick to get nfs hot pursuit working in opengl mode.

First play up to the screen before the race screen start.
In opengl 2.0 blitting mode.
Do savestate.
Load opengl plugin.
Start nfs hot pursuit in opengl mode
Load savestate
Wait a few seconds
And the race will begin.

Catch ya later.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

will5
Primary Device: HTC DESIRE

Postby will5 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:38 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:
will5 wrote:So guys. It's possible to have force feedback on ds3 controller?

Yes its possible.

We woud need the right stuff off the sixaxes app developer
To implement into fpse.

To my understanding
Back when yongzh added rumble support for wiimote to n64oid
We had the stuff off the bluez ime dev
And needed also the bluez ime app.
Not the playstore version cos the dev never released it.
We used the wiimote apk from his website.

So ps3 sixaxes forcefeedback is possible

Catch ya later

Good to know!

I´d tried to set analog pad and works great on games like GT1, 2, etc.

Problem is that on games like snk vs campcom, if pad type is set to analog, digital pad works bad, you cant do any combo. You have to set it back to digital. Thats not a problem, but would be nice to have a shortcut to pad type, at least in the first menu, so it wont be such a pain to change every time from analog to digital.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:54 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:Found a trick to get nfs hot pursuit working in opengl mode.
Do savestate.
Load opengl plugin.
Load savestate

savestate or save to memory card? I'm surprised that a savestate made in 'blitter' would work in OpenGL. Usually savestates don't work between graphic modes.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

crualfoxhound
Addict

Postby crualfoxhound » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:09 pm

bluezeak wrote:
crualfoxhound wrote:Found a trick to get nfs hot pursuit working in opengl mode.
Do savestate.
Load opengl plugin.
Load savestate

savestate or save to memory card? I'm surprised that a savestate made in 'blitter' would work in OpenGL. Usually savestates don't work between graphic modes.

Savestate. I managed to play the first race
Then it crashed loading second race.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:56 pm

just pushed FPse 0.11.42 to the market!

- Fixed immediate crash on Jelly bean when "Do not keep activities" option is set.
- Experimental Analog Pad support for Xperia Play, will work only in OpenGL-ES 2.0 Blitting mode. Was already working on 4.0. that's Only for games that support analog pad and if you select analog pad into menu.
- Fixed Force landscape
- Fixed Screenfilter switch
- Global cleaning code
- New Opengl plugin!
- Added a new option to boost somes games that have Y resolution set to 480 like tekken3, this trick was set since windows mobile by default only for tekken3, now it's available as an option in video menu, you'll see big difference in GFX's if you unset this option for tekken3, but you'll lose somes fps that you'll perhaps need for tekken3...

BE CARREFULL to this shitty options "Do not keep activities" , that cause many problems on many applications, especially those that use differents activities.

About Xperia play analog support, it's in early stage, if you have any problem just swith to old software mode from MISC menu.
in current OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitting mode for Xperia play, you won't have FPS, force landscape is always set. L2/R2 are onto the screen on the left bottom corner and the right bottom corner, L3 and R3 on the top corners of the screen, they are invisible.
I think that's the best configuration i found for this device.

jackobear
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby jackobear » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:04 am

The latest build (0.11.42) is broken for Xperia Play devices. It crashes every single time when I try to open Fpsece.

schtruck wrote:just pushed FPse 0.11.42 to the market!

- Fixed immediate crash on Jelly bean when "Do not keep activities" option is set.
- Experimental Analog Pad support for Xperia Play, will work only in OpenGL-ES 2.0 Blitting mode. Was already working on 4.0. that's Only for games that support analog pad and if you select analog pad into menu.
- Fixed Force landscape
- Fixed Screenfilter switch
- Global cleaning code
- New Opengl plugin!
- Added a new option to boost somes games that have Y resolution set to 480 like tekken3, this trick was set since windows mobile by default only for tekken3, now it's available as an option in video menu, you'll see big difference in GFX's if you unset this option for tekken3, but you'll lose somes fps that you'll perhaps need for tekken3...

BE CARREFULL to this shitty options "Do not keep activities" , that cause many problems on many applications, especially those that use differents activities.

About Xperia play analog support, it's in early stage, if you have any problem just swith to old software mode from MISC menu.
in current OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitting mode for Xperia play, you won't have FPS, force landscape is always set. L2/R2 are onto the screen on the left bottom corner and the right bottom corner, L3 and R3 on the top corners of the screen, they are invisible.
I think that's the best configuration i found for this device.

Return to “News”