Fpse for Android News

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby molitar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:09 am

For the video issue none. I think maybe problem with this one is the force monocore option is missing from system options. But after I did a full reset of all settings than reset the basic options my speed had gone back to normal if not a bit better. But the video I just don't get what could be wrong.. when using the square button to pull up items it only shows correctly if I use offscreendrawing option that window is not suppose to blank out all graphics behind it but it does. Using select to pause game and see what world your in does not work as it just shows a black screen. Them are functions I have not been able to get to work in any version with opengl.

Test plugin did not make any difference. In Bios mode the item screen shows fine, the elemental screen shows fine, and the start button shows pause correctly with world name.

CheF85rus
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II
ROM: ROM: hydra h2o Kernel: 3.0.33 hydra 4 r26

Postby CheF85rus » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:38 am

foleyjo wrote:
CheF85rus wrote:Diablo:
    No Sound after load game from FPSe save state.

I sometimes get this.
The way around it is before loading a save state wait until you have heard some sound in the game.
I think if you load a savestate before doing this the sound driver does not kick in.

I load diablo.iso, wait for menu music, and sounds. Than I load FPSe save state and get no sound and music :(

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 am

BTW I used Antutu and found out I have..

Adreno 225 with OpenGL ES 2.0

I have dual boot setup with cyanogen I should try it and see what it's like.
Last edited by molitar on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:52 am

schtruck wrote:@deejayzee , you are talking about slowdown, glitch, weird sound, but all of that is gone for me and many others, can you list here your configuration, the games you are playing, etc...
Are you well setting SPUSYNC to on? and have enhance sound is well off coz this last can cause somes glitch in sound.
fpse 0.11.39 is well the version you have?

result on all my devices even my old HTC HD2 are very good. perhaps the API i use is unliked by your system??? what is your rom?

I ain't talking about slowdown, all my games work pretty fast, some games run always at 60 fps, some run about 60 fps, but in order to get constant 60 fps in all games I need to use frameskipping. But enabling it together with framelimiter, makes most games unplayable, because FPse in this condition skips MOST of frames, and the image becomes very very choppy, though it runs 60 fps all the time. Here's the video about it http://youtu.be/G7reT2V_F2c. Maybe the new fpse don't like my system, but today i tried 0.10.63 and everything worked just fine, enabling both framelimiter and frameskip made Tekken 3 and all my games work smooth and always at 60 fps.
As for sound problems, I played Densha De Go! (v.0.11.39), I played the whole 1st disc of Metal Gear Solid (v.0.11.28, 0.11.34) and haven't had any problems, but Persona had sound weirdnesses in all versions of FPse no matter what settings I use, I just thinking about how to make a good video for comparison. In the last few versions spusync makes sound broken in all games, regardless system or video settings I use, but it's not needed by any of my games, so its ok for now.

My device is Amason Kindle Fire, cpu is Texas Instruments OMAP 4430, dualcore, overclocked @1200 MHz, with PowerVR SGX540 GPU, I'm running CyanogenMod10 ROM, though CyanogenMod9 ROM has the same frameskipping problems.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:17 am

@ deejayzee

When u talking about cm9-cm10

On my galaxy note them roms
Give a huge reduction in fps.
Eg
Touchwizz -gingerbread or ice cream sandwich
On tekken 3
softmode 60fps-opengl 55-59fps
But using cm9-cm10
Tekken 3- softmode 60fps - opengl is 43fps

So try the original firmware again
And see if its better.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:18 am

@molitar - check the chrono cross games specific forum thread. I did a opengl analysis. you need offscreen drawing for the graphics to display properly.

Also - force monocore is a software only option. 'force monocore' was never an option with opengl.

How did you get your speed back up? I was getting ~32 fps until I enabled frameskip, and then I get ~50. After I read your updated post I uninstalled fpse, reinstalled, reconfigured - and got the same. Did you just enable framskip?? I think you have a better system than me so maybe you did something else...

Molitar, see my opengl thread. there's a link there that will allow you to look up your hardware to see what kind it is.

Schtruck, molitar, please see my updated opengl thread (see my signature of link). Mirk has made some notes about differernt ROMS with the S3, I included his notes in my thread.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 am

Kayann wrote:ICS isses with software mode using multi-core mode and filtering

I hope this is known, I posted about it way back

yes, your post is one of the main reasins I mentioned it.

Kayann wrote:
One final side note, this time about OpenGL - I was under the impression that the setting 'direct frame buffer access' was specifically designed with games like FF8 in mind. However turning it on completely removes graphics from the intro credits sequence... On the bright side, no graphics results in a really good speed up! :lol:
Heres hoping that compatibility in FF8 & FF:Tactics (amongst other games) will be better with the OpenGL 2 plugin! In the meantime, the best option for me at this stage appears to be software gpu with force monocore on.

yes, one or two other people mentioned this. Something is wrong - actuallysomething is wrong with many of the special fixes: they don't do what they're supposed to do. In this one's case, I think it IS doing what it's supposed to do, but there's a side effect of making the video not work at all. And- it's not just FF8. it's most / all games that use this special fix. It allows the mdecs to play the way they're supposed to ... but doesn't ddisplay them.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 am

crualfoxhound wrote:@ deejayzee

When u talking about cm9-cm10

On my galaxy note them roms
Give a huge reduction in fps.
Eg
Touchwizz -gingerbread or ice cream sandwich
On tekken 3
softmode 60fps-opengl 55-59fps
But using cm9-cm10
Tekken 3- softmode 60fps - opengl is 43fps

So try the original firmware again
And see if its better.

I tried the original firmware (android 2.3) as you suggested , but all the issues still the same

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:11 am

I'm using the Team Sonic Free GS3 ROM already. No I just reconfigured I think maybe something messed up with an update so going back to defaults with a reset than reconfiguring resolved the issue with speed.

Carlos25
Primary Device: Yinlips G18
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby Carlos25 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:37 am

I detect Curious load Opengl plugin in HLE mode not crashes on load but has much less support.

If detect bios mode crashes except AA4x in Chainfire

For Now I Recomended Openglplugintestmali.so It is the only by default aplication works without AA or without HLE MODE on Mali400

Return to “News”