Fpse for Android News

LeSScro
Primary Device: OneX
ROM: maXimus

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby LeSScro » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:09 pm

@ Struck...
you know i m an old user of FPse... i have seen lt of UI and on WinMo, major user are experimented or really helped because this software has becoming interesting with Powerfull CPU (HD2, TG01..)...

On Android, the game is different... User want take Emu, use iso and play...

With actual basic UI, we nned an advanced user... Struck, you have trouble t understand an N00b user because you have lot of skills...
Then basic user see load ISO without explanation and it want play quickly...

With my vision, UI will be much better... support expert mode and standard mode with something like profile for "crappy", medium and powered device in standard mode...

A clean view with explanation in all step is needed in expert mode, i think..; nobody read a "notice"...

Then i think, your trouble is based on understanding of user because you don't take time to thing like a n00b...

"SIMPLY" is the most intuitive and impressive sensation for a user... think about this word...

Cheers...

then if one more time you need my help... you known how to contact me...

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread
ROM: stock

Postby Carter07 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:50 pm

schtruck please ignore what icelaglace says, I think he is still here because also the other software doesn't work as he believed.
He never tried old 10.x versions of fpse and he is convinced that they will work faster only because some people are saying this (mainly because fpse now has more settings enabled by default like spusynch).

He doesn't understand that his device is very very CRAPPY, it has a 800mhz armv6 cpu that has a dmips/mhz rating of 1.25, most armv7 cpus have 2.1-2.5 dmips/mhz. So his cpu despite being clocked at 800mhz can execute half instructions per cycle of clock than newer cpus, it equals to a 400mhz armv7 single core cpu!!!

I have a 800mhz armv7 single core cpu and almost all games run at 50fps full speed with frameskip.

Thanks for all the effort you are putting in getting this emulator better and better.

Ps: when you have time please remember to fix audio in bugs bunny lost in time, after the first level, a character is talking in a loop by repeating the same sentence, making it impossible for me to progress. In every cutscenes of the game audio is looped but i was able to progess.
If you want I can make a video of the problem or can upload a save.

mikian
Primary Device: Galaxy ace

Postby mikian » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 pm

hi all :) i just wanted to say that im using the same device as icelaglace, "galaxy ace", and most of the great platform games like crash, spyro, etc, are running like a charm (50 fps).. but.. sadly.. only in the version 11.45 because in the new ones, the frameskip doesn't looks like working anymore :(

i tried using the same config as i use with that version i said, and tried using both new/old frameskip options (including the frameskip tunning) and also tried uninstalling and installing all, reseting the options, etc, but there is no solution :(

would iu mind if you try to found what happens schtruck :)
by the way, im happy to see all your efforts, thanks for all your hard work ^^

kingpinzero
Primary Device: htc one x int
Operating System: android
ROM: insert coin

Postby kingpinzero » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Guys just wanted to point a bug, the framelimiter menu is broken since a few releases.
Resetting settings and reinstalling didnt help.
It either does nothing or it triggers quick load menu.
Hope it gets fixed.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 pm

framelimiter menu? the one into MISC?

kingpinzero

Postby kingpinzero » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:41 pm

schtruck wrote:framelimiter menu? the one into MISC?

Yes schtruck, exactly. That one is completely broken at least here.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm

by broken you mean? because i just tried it in OpenGL-ES 2 blitting mode and it just worked.

it's elsewhere?

kingpinzero

Postby kingpinzero » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm

schtruck wrote:by broken you mean? because i just tried it in OpenGL-ES 2 blitting mode and it just worked.

it's elsewhere?

Oh yeah, im using opengl. Sorry for not claryfing it.

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Carter07 wrote:schtruck please ignore what icelaglace says, I think he is still here because also the other software doesn't work as he believed.
He never tried old 10.x versions of fpse and he is convinced that they will work faster only because some people are saying this (mainly because fpse now has more settings enabled by default like spusynch).

He doesn't understand that his device is very very CRAPPY, it has a 800mhz armv6 cpu that has a dmips/mhz rating of 1.25, most armv7 cpus have 2.1-2.5 dmips/mhz. So his cpu despite being clocked at 800mhz can execute half instructions per cycle of clock than newer cpus, it equals to a 400mhz armv7 single core cpu!!!

I have a 800mhz armv7 single core cpu and almost all games run at 50fps full speed with frameskip.

Thanks for all the effort you are putting in getting this emulator better and better.

Ps: when you have time please remember to fix audio in bugs bunny lost in time, after the first level, a character is talking in a loop by repeating the same sentence, making it impossible for me to progress. In every cutscenes of the game audio is looped but i was able to progess.
If you want I can make a video of the problem or can upload a save.

look, you don't need ask for ignore me because hes ignore all my posts since I join here, I asked so many times for a refund, for a downgrade and always I get ignored.

Firstly, my device is crappy and I KNOW IT, I'm still here because I bought a software (with FAKE description by the way) and spsxe is not the panacea but at least is bug free for me and runs a bit fast.

Second, my device is not the galaxy ace and is not running at 400mhz, is the newest ACEi with newest cpu and gpu, still is shit? yes, I know, dick.
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

mikian
Primary Device: Galaxy ace

Postby mikian » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:
mikian wrote:hi all :) i just wanted to say that im using the same device as icelaglace, "galaxy ace", and most of the great platform games like crash, spyro, etc, are running like a charm (50 fps).. but.. sadly.. only in the version 11.45 because in the new ones, the frameskip doesn't looks like working anymore :(

i tried using the same config as i use with that version i said, and tried using both new/old frameskip options (including the frameskip tunning) and also tried uninstalling and installing all, reseting the options, etc, but there is no solution :(

would iu mind if you try to found what happens schtruck :)
by the way, im happy to see all your efforts, thanks for all your hard work ^^

Are you using: OpenGL plugin, OpenGL ES2 blitting or old software mode?
And what mode are you using with v.11.45?

It's very important to know

oh thanks for the answer :D

and well i suppose that im using OpenGL ES2 blitting cuz at the misc menu i can see the old software drawing and old profile as not selected (i mean im not using it) so thats the most weird thing xD im using the default settings from the 11.45 version and is running pretty well, but when i try the lasts versions, everything turns slowly even if i use the old software drawing and old profile :(!

so i really think that is something about the frameskip being deactivated even if i select the option or not :(

Return to “News”