Postby schtruck » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:20 am

offscreen drawing from video menu.

shuu
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy young
ROM: minirom

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby shuu » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:45 am

schtruck wrote:offscreen drawing from video menu.

i can't find "offscreen drawing" from my fpse
or i miss to install something?

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:23 am

Hi
Haven't posted for a while because I've been very pleased with FPSE.
However I have a new setup and have some issues.

1 - Rebel Assault 2 still not getting past the 3rd level.
2 I have an android tv box with usb harddrives plugged in meaning lots of ps1 games available. Harddrives are listed as sda1 and sdb1. I also have an sd card. For some reason fpse can't load games from sdb1. If I select the game it gives an error message. I f I try to load the game using the advanced menus when I select sdb1 it boots into bios. I can load them off sda1 but I haven't the space to store games and I can't swap the drives around due to the setup. Games will load through other apps such as gamesome
3 - I use a ps3 joypad which is recognised but the control layout is never correct and I always need to remap the buttons even if I save it first.
4. can it be made so only disc 1 is shown on multi disc games. I have a few repeated games without covers. Especially the 4 disc games

Other than that I get great speed and have a great emulation setup now. Keep up the good workk

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:04 pm

welcome back foleyjo

let me answer to your questions:

1) it needs a small fix, still on my task list.
2) if you know the path, you can go to Misc/Path and add manual path. FPse will scan games from this folder and you'll be able to use internal file browser too (to uncompress or load manually)
3) remember how fpse works, it has one global config file and one config file for each game. the config game is first time copied from global config. the tips is reset settings from misc menu and restart then configure global config (without loading game) and then when you'll run a game, it will copy the global config which contain your mapping. or you can apply default config for game that have already been ran one time with global config.
4) i need to manage this, but remember that somes pbp contain for example crash 1 , 2 and 3, this mean we will just print the crash 1 cover? or you have an other idea

foleyjo
Enthusiast

Postby foleyjo » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Thanks for quick response (as usual)

2 - Thats the problem. When I used the Misc/Path option it found all the game files in the covers menu but when i launch them they get an error message. When I launch from the file browser I select the drive and it boots the bios rather than displaying the directory.

3 - I used the save as default config and all my other settings seemed to save. I've probably messed up somewhere. I'll delete all configs and try again

4 - How about a toggable hide filter where you can select to hide certain discs

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:25 pm

For the mount directory check it from /mnt and type it from this path in the textbox.

foleyjo
Enthusiast

Postby foleyjo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Ah got it working.

On my device (mx3 tv box) external devices are found in storage not mnt. Entered the full path and rescanned the games and they boot from the covers now. Hasn't picked up to img files though so will have to add them manually.

If anyone wants a good PS1 setup then I can recommend the MX3 + PS3 Joypad plus large usb HD drive (or the cheap option a harddrive caddie and an old internal pc harddrive like i've done) ..oh and FPSE of course.

I have about 50 games all ready to play on my large hd tv and space for lots more

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:46 pm

somes news.

i have rewrote the language support par for FPse.

all strings are translated now. i use the Famous Google Collaborative translation tool. I have choosen many languages.

What i need now is people from those country who are able to read the translation and change or commit.

here are the supported languages:

English (reference language)

Arabic
Chinese (Simplified)
Croatian
Czech
Dutch
French
German
Greek
Hindi
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Norwegian
Polish
Portuguese
Russian
Serbian
Spanish
Turkish
Vietnamese

if you are interresting to check the translation and make change just contact us with your gmail account and we'll give you access rights.

if you want another languages. just ask. it will be added quickly.

Laska
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola XT894
Operating System: Jelly Bean 4.1.2
ROM: Stock (debloated)

Postby Laska » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello!
Maybe this isn't big problem but since tho last updates Fpse is automaticaly opening every unknown file in my file browser (ES File Explorer). Is there any solution? Thanks in advance!

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:01 pm

maybe a Filter error, let me check. UPDATE*** Yes! it's fixed for next update!

Btw i'm still working with plenty of people for the new translation system.

Menus are much more clean as well as Documentation.

Still need japanese , korean somes somes more like tcheque, norvegian, croatian, hindi, arabic

so if you know one of these language, just keep in mind translation is done alread by google, what we need is you commit or apply changes using the collaborative google translation tool.

one more thing, very important, OpenGL is really slow since the last 3 or 4 Market versions on device with Mali 6 or 7, it's a problem of thread tuning, i have fixed it today. if people with such device want to try let me know i'll send you a test version.

Return to “News”