Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby molitar » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 am

zdubin wrote:Shuck,

I tried 11.8, fantastic frame rates!

Wow, I turned off the frame limiter and the results was a faster and smooth framerate, even faster than the original game. Still have some sound issues.

Bluetooth gamepad sometimes works with bluez Ime on and only rarely, most games don't even register the gamepad. Bluetooth gampad doesn't work with hardware key mapping, like it used to, at all. Can you add the hardware key mapping back? I really miss it.

Your problem is probably that you have to press a button on the bluetooth game controller for the controller to connect to Imes. I turn on the bluetooth game controller (Phonejoy) and the light starts flashing I than go into Imes and set the input mode to Imes and than it will say connecting... The connecting WILL NOT complete until you press a button on the gamepad. It connects everytime.. now note that when you have the Imes mode enabled your keypad will not work on the phone at all but who cares when I am done gaming I simply go back in and change Imes back to my flext9 input program and it auto turns off bluetooth and I am ready to go.

Now I think limiting frames to something more around 65 or 70 would be better.. If I turn off frame limiting the movement is 100-110 fps but the sound is than too fast and running is a bit too fast.. Now if I could manually set the fps to just a little over the 60 than it will never drop to 59 or be trying to hold to exactly 60 so much that it causes a few lags at times. So frame limiter would be nicer if we could set an upper limiter for max limit only.. I think around 65 or 70 would be perfect for most gameplay but it trying to hold itself to exactly 60 I notice lag at times because that is trying to decrease the value so much that it causes another type of lag.

Great job on the dual core mode.. I disabled that mode and the fps dropped way down to around 46 fps.. it drastically made a huge difference.. great job!

zdubin
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Rom

Postby zdubin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:29 am

I was able to use the phonejoy in analog mode on FPSE 10.63. FPSE 11.8, I was only able to get Colony Wars Vengeance to use the gamepad. I did this:

1) Turn on Phonejoy, set to digital mode
2) Turn on bluetooth
3) Set IME to Bluez IME
4) Touch a key on the phonejoy
5) Start FPSE and Colony Wars Vengeance

FPSE 11.8 took several tries to have Colony Wars Vengeance using this method and no other game would use the phonejoy. I couldn't map hardware keys to the phonejoy, the icon kept spinning and never registered a push of any key. FPSE 10.63 worked perfectly with the hardware keys mapped to phonejoy keys and stick and FPSE 10.63 also mapped to the Phonejoy in analog (with IME set to touch screen), with a few tries. I think the hardware key mapping stopped working in the latest release. The Bluez IME settings don't seem to work as they used to in FPSE 10.63.
Last edited by zdubin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:34 am

zdubin wrote:I was able to use the phonejoy in analog mode on FPSE 10.63. I was only able to get Colony Wars Vengeance to use the gamepad. I did this:

1) Turn on Phonejoy, set to digital mode
2) Turn on bluetooth
3) Set IME to Bluez IME
4) Touch a key on the phonejoy
5) Start FPSE and Colony Wars Vengeance

It took several tries to have Colony Wars Vengeance using this method and no other game would use the phonejoy. I couldn't map hardware keys to the phonejoy, the icon kept spinning and never registered a push of any key. FPSE 10.63 worked perfectly with the hardware keys mapped to phonejoy keys and stick and FPSE 10.63 also mapped to the Phonejoy in analog (with IME set to touch screen), with a few tries. I think the hardware key mapping stopped working in the latest release. The Bluez IME settings don't seem to work as they used to in FPSE 10.63.

You should have the Phonejoy connected BEFORE starting fpse! That sounds like your issue.. exact steps I gave you is what I am using and I am using analog setting not digital. Now you still have to map the up, down, ect.. easily done even in 0.11.8. I have that saved as my default so I don't have to keep mapping the controller each time.

BTW how the HECK do I take a screenshot of fpse?"

zdubin
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt
ROM: Stock Rom

Postby zdubin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:37 am

The Phonejoy was connected before starting fpse, I am still having problems? Can you write out the exact steps one by one?

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:15 am

zdubin wrote:The Phonejoy was connected before starting fpse, I am still having problems? Can you write out the exact steps one by one?

1. Blue Imes
A. Scan for device and have it selected in select device
B. Select Device Driver > Phonejoy
C. Manage Bluetooth
D. Set number of controllers > 1
E. Left configure key mapping to default

2. Turn on the switch on phonejoy green light starts flashing
3. Select IME > Select Bluez IME
4. Wait for it to say connecting <Mac Address> it's connecting to will display
5. Press a button on the gamepad <connected will shortly appear>
6. Press analog button on Phonejoy so it lights up blue so the analog controller will work
7. Start fpse

Now I already have my defaults saved in fpse so I just select my ISO and start gaming. In fpse I have done mapping of up, down, right, left using the analog controller and mapped triangle, circle, cross, square, R1, R2, L1, L2, Select, and Start and the default config is saved with them key mappings. I can start playing a game within 5 minutes because I do on my breaks at work and lunch break ;)

If your still having issues you can contact me on any of these messengers (I use Trillian).

Yahoo: molitar2025
AIM: molitar2025
MSN: molitar hotmail.com (add the @ this helps prevent spiders from grabbing email so easily)

P.S. Be sure to send a message stating who you are so I know your not a bot and to grant you visibility to see me online.

LancerEvoX
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Epic 4G Touch
ROM: Stock

Postby LancerEvoX » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:25 am

Great updates, I was checking all day and kept seeing so many updates pop out. Just out of curiosity, I could never get screen filtering to work while its in landscape mode. Am the only one having this issue?

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:02 am

LancerEvoX wrote:Great updates, I was checking all day and kept seeing so many updates pop out. Just out of curiosity, I could never get screen filtering to work while its in landscape mode. Am the only one having this issue?

Worked for me.. I disabled it I noticed definitely more pixelation with it off.

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Postby hiei » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:09 am

List of games and problems.

Ff iv battle is unplayable, can't fly as screen goes black, many things transparent when supposed to be solid.

Ff vi battle text broken, menu is garbled and unuseable, when loading from ss no audio, text boxes are broken.

Ffvii battle screen messed up, slowed speed overall

Ffviii battle no menu, slowed speed

Ffix no battle menu, slowed speed

All have transition issues into battle

Frame limiter is broken, when on games only run at 40 to 45, when unchecked games run over 70 fps sometimes without frameskip.

-hiei

LancerEvoX
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Epic 4G Touch

Postby LancerEvoX » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:19 am

molitar wrote:
LancerEvoX wrote:Great updates, I was checking all day and kept seeing so many updates pop out. Just out of curiosity, I could never get screen filtering to work while its in landscape mode. Am the only one having this issue?

Worked for me.. I disabled it I noticed definitely more pixelation with it off.

Argh... I meant Portrait mode. I'm getting my screen orientations confused. :lol:

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:36 am

screen filtering need fast draw set, and filtering is only for landscape.

Return to “News”