Fpse for Android News

Damoizgod
Primary Device: Sony Xperia tablet Z
Operating System: Android
ROM: Final Fantasy 7

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Damoizgod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:18 pm

At £2.27 which is nothing to me. 200k of those is half a million pounds... It's not as if it hasn't raked in a fair bit and I'd happily have paid even more for this program. It's ridiculously cheap for what it does. Maybe I'm being stupid but I don't see why he couldn't have removed the update? He's already patched it once why would he not have patched it to not require a server connection till he's got it sorted out.

leglerreddin
Primary Device: HTC One
Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
ROM: Android revolution HD 51.0 sense 5.5

Postby leglerreddin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Damoizgod wrote:
rubejb wrote:
Damoizgod wrote:Using psxe... No choice.

Right, because waiting a day or two for an issue to get fixed is unheard of, especially when it's only one person looking into the matters.

I get it, people expect everything to work perfectly all the time. So when any little thing goes wrong they start throwing fits. No one can be patient any more.

I tried ePSXe a while back, and while it worked perfectly well, I didn't care for a few of the differences between the two emulators so I stuck with this one. And since I'm a rational person, I can give the dev the (most likely) short time it will take to fix it.

I'll go back to it once it's fixed. I'm currently playing on my laptop instead. The program was working fine until he attempted to fix what wasn't broken. People should rightly be miffed... I paid for a program knowing it would work.. I only bought it a few days ago with the intent to play FF7 now when I have the free time not whenever it's fixed.

I suppose you're spoiled buying this less than a week ago, but I bought this program within a couple months of the release, and due having a rather slow device I couldn't make use of it, as I got newer better devices over the years it worked better, but not great, but now in the past week or so I finally came back to it to play ff9 again, and now it looks and performs flawlessly, but in between all that time I never once regretted buying it, because it was basically an investment. Now you bought in when the app is at its apex, and you still expect more? Maybe you don't understand the difficulty of emulating, and also that schtruck is the only dev still committed to an android psx emulator (psx4droid anyone?), so please quit complaining, and whether you wait for a minor bug to be fixed, or feel the need to play right now on the pc, fine, but we don't all need to hear about it. Even google with all its resources screws up from time to time, and need to release a small update to make everything work, the big difference though is fpse gets fixed within a week, instead of several months later. If it were as easy a fix as you speculate, don't you think he'd have done it.

leglerreddin
Primary Device: HTC One
Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
ROM: Android revolution HD 51.0 sense 5.5

Postby leglerreddin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:50 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:Fpse don't crash on my galaxy note 2 gt n7100
Running unofficial CyanogenMod 4.4.2.

I can confirm there is a WiFi bug restricting me using fpse to download plugins and to access forum

Schtruck and I are hard at work trying to solve this issue out.

I post next if we solved these bugs out.

Oh my god you're right I feel like such an idiot, It has nothing to do with android 4.4.2, the whole time it was due to having print fps on, without it on, no crashes whatsoever

Elwood
Primary Device: SAMSUNG S3
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Stock

Postby Elwood » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:13 pm

I personally don't care much about the plugins server problem, it will get fixed and I still have epsxe in case I could not live without a psx emu on my phone.

BUT

saying that we should not expect quality because we only paid like 3 or 4 $ is ridiculous. This is the mobile market, apps cost that much here, you only earn if you get lots of downloads, and apple/google get their cut out of your money as well....

SPEAKING OF WHICH

I believe the store page mentions something about 200,000 active users. I do not know if any of these were free downloads (was the app ever free?), but if not, well, do the math. And, as we can assume, it all goes to one man (or two? I think he does not really work alone all the time). Yes, we truly are bastards to expect anything.

AND

please see what kind of modern UI PPSSPP (FREE) and Drastic have. Hell, even epsxe, mupen64plusAE and Dosbox turbo have better menus and crash much, much less. And only Drastic is more expensive than fpse. Customer service anyone? I've found a bug once in epsxe, emailed the author. Next day, a fixed .apk was in my mailbox. I was literally shocked. The Dosbox guy (also working alone) implemented a change I suggested within days, same with PPSSPP... It must be their fault that I'm such a spoiled brat now, don't blame me :twisted: !

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:58 am

ok the transfert to another server is finished. now i check if FPse will well handle it and post this new version.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:58 am

FPse reworks now normaly with a New server! (much faster on my side)

pushed FPse 0.11.123 to the Market!

- Fixed Webserver Pb and Bug in Networks API
- Fixed possible freeze at scanning storage
- Fixed External Card detection
- Added Multi core option for gpu software in OPenGL mode, FPse is twice faster!
- Added Shaders effects and Scalers to OpenGL Software mode
- Experimental Software GPU HD!! longpress onto Icon then Video
- Added change color for onscreen fo states buttons
- Updated OpenGL plugin, gfx are much better

! If FPse crash when start clear datas of FPse application !

thanks for feedback.

@Lucas, Latency is ok now

ankhung7
Primary Device: Lu6200
Operating System: Android 4.0
ROM: miuiv4

Postby ankhung7 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:24 am

Hi, can you push the latest update to amazon appstore. I bought there so i dont want to re-buy just to try new feature. Thanks

jk597
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Operating System: Android 4.3
ROM: Stock

Postby jk597 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:29 am

Anyone still having crashing problems after the update, here's how I fixed it...

After the latest update, I was still getting problems where after clearing data/reinstalling, the app was still crashing from starting it up the second time onwards. So what I had to do was open the file explorer, and delete the entire contents of the '.fpse' data folder (obviously backing up memory card and save states folder first!). Then after clearing data once again from the fpse app, it now works fine. I copied my backed up mem card and sstates folders and pasted them back into the .fpse directory, and everything is hunky dory. Means I have to set up all my settings, titles and cover art again (I like to use the PAL covers because I'm a bit of a nerd like that) but at least it works wonderfully again now. Not sure why this caused a problem, but thought I'd mention it for future reference. Maybe clearing the data the usual way was supposed to delete the contents of the .fpse folder too, but for some reason it didn't do that for me, hence why I had to do it manually. I guess the world can now go back to spinning.

Cheers and thanks again for the hard work!

thefitz
Primary Device: OnePlus One A0001
Operating System: Android 5.0.2/CM12
ROM: This is for Android OS ROMs, not game ROMs.

Postby thefitz » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:29 pm

It's back up for me, and the HD software mode looks great.

However, now the app gives me a license check failed a few minutes after I load a game, even if I'm connected to the internet. It crashed once too, but I was opening and closing games like mad (to see how the software mode looks).

I'm finally going to get to play FFIX and Chrono Cross!

danfozzy
Primary Device: note 3 and note 10.1 (2014)
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby danfozzy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:54 pm

Schtruck

When in software HD MODE, THEN selecting boost high res games, it messes up the resolution, it halves the vertical resolution

This is tested the same across all my android devices
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-02-07-14-52-31.png
Screenshot_2014-02-07-14-52-31.png (209.53 KiB) Viewed 13600 times

Return to “News”