Fpse for Android News

Ti3noU
Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Ti3noU » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 am

Emulating a 33 Mhz MIPS R3000A cpu, 3MB RAM and 180k polygons/s GPU with with 16.3MB/s bandwidth (playstation specs) can already be tricky on some games using a Galaxy S with 1Ghz ARM Cortex A8 CPU, 512MB RAM and 28M polygons/s GPU with 4.2GB/s bandwidth (even if it's not used yet in fpse).

Take note of the needed power compared to the emulated system, and that a PlayStation is far simpler to emulate than a PSP taking the hardware away.

The PSP uses a MIPS R4000 CPU @ 333MHz (underclocked to 222MHz at initial release, and unlocked later for a few games), 32MB of eDRAM and 33M polygons/s GPU with 663MB/s bandwidth.

PSP as well as PS2/Gamecube emulation will need a few more generations of phones to be possible. Let's wait a few years and we'll talk about that again with some highly clocked quadcores and 300k+ poly/s GPUs.

sebastian91
Primary Device: HTC HD2 Leo
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: MOD_Tonofu_Tytung_r9_GBX-v12

Postby sebastian91 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:09 pm

ps2 emulator a talk or not? jajajajaja

grmreyes
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby grmreyes » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi,

I've just started playing Brigandine Legend of Forsena. The issue I'm having is that if I don't press anything, it automatically reverts back to intro animation after bringing up the main menu screen (the one with start New Game, Continue, etc). If I do press "X", it defaults to Iscalio and then brings up the difficulty selection window.

Is there someone here who knows how to fix this problem?

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Postby suavethekid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:16 pm

I just tried the ps3 controller app and man does it work nice with fpse. It brings up the authenticity a lot. I would recommend trying it...what I was really like though is to see that massive update comon Schtruck throw us a bone were dying to play after all the fixes!!!

MegaBubble
Primary Device: Xperia play
Operating System: 2.3

Postby MegaBubble » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:57 pm

very recently a new exploit was released which allows users to play custom PS1 games using the official sony PSX emulator
so yes this means xperia play owners can now use the analog touch pads for PS1 games!

I made a video tutorial showing how to do it, but be warned its alot harder than getting games to work in fpse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaZuKZQoBwA

Important notes:
you do not need root
this tutorial will work for both windows and linux as well

This only works for the xperia play! the official emulator will not work with other phones

I did alot of tests comparing the emulator to FPSE and the crash bandicoot games all run alot better and so do a few other games but many games have bad graphical glitches, final fantasy 7 has a bad flickering effect.

suavethekid

Postby suavethekid » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:10 am

MegaBubble wrote:very recently a new exploit was released which allows users to play custom PS1 games using the official sony PSX emulator
so yes this means xperia play owners can now use the analog touch pads for PS1 games!

I made a video tutorial showing how to do it, but be warned its alot harder than getting games to work in fpse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaZuKZQoBwA

Important notes:
you do not need root
this tutorial will work for both windows and linux as well

This only works for the xperia play! the official emulator will not work with other phones

I did alot of tests comparing the emulator to FPSE and the crash bandicoot games all run alot better and so do a few other games but many games have bad graphical glitches, final fantasy 7 has a bad flickering effect.

translation Schtruck emulates playstation better than Sony,
Schtruck coding>Sony they must rely on hardware...

MegaBubble

Postby MegaBubble » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:01 am

Yeah pretty much.

I think sony makes separate builds of the emulator for each game, for example if I inject newer crash bandicoot isos like crash 2 or 3 they get emulated perfectly, no glitches at all. but if I try and inject other games into the crash bandicoot apk compatibility is bad. If I inject medevil 2 into the medevil 1 apk it works perfect but try it with the crash one and it has some glitches. so games with the same game engines seem to work very well together.

They probably do that because its too much effort to make one emulator that is 100% compatible with every game.

The only one thing thats sonys emulator has over shtrucks right now is analog support but shtruck said that is coming anyway :)

Oh and shtrucks emulator has amazing compatibility :D

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Finally, the smaller delay on the new release of FPse has let me found something very interresting,

i was working on Tablets to understand why Acceleration seems to be unset on Xoom Tablet (and perhaps somes others too), and i found a way to Filter the Screen much better, and the slowdown depend of the source resolution, this mean game with standard resolution are Still very fast!! and with This level of filtering the game gfx are very good now.

I think i'll release this version within 24 hours.

Let me prepare everything first.

Stay tunned.

suavethekid

Postby suavethekid » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 pm

schtruck wrote:Finally, the smaller delay on the new release of FPse has let me found something very interresting,

i was working on Tablets to understand why Acceleration seems to be unset on Xoom Tablet (and perhaps somes others too), and i found a way to Filter the Screen much better, and the slowdown depend of the source resolution, this mean game with standard resolution are Still very fast!! and with This level of filtering the game gfx are very good now.

I think i'll release this version within 24 hours.

Let me prepare everything first.

Stay tunned.

So much to look forward to...better speeds ff fix, disk skip hello legend of dragoon disk 2, valkyrie profile what to play first when it drops

MegaBubble

Postby MegaBubble » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:15 am

awesome news! Im looking forward to the update. :)

also I have a question about the emulator. does the emulator render PSX games at the original resolution and stretch them to the phones resolution or does it render the game at the phones native resolution? The reason I ask this question is because on the official PSX emulator for the xperia there is a hidden upres option which is always enabled and it games seem to look alot smoother, edged dont look so jagged. I was wandering if this is the reason why PS1 games on FPSE look slight worse without filtering enabled.

Keep up the great work! :D

Return to “News”